Selection day

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half the field has been announced and 4 bubble spots taken. At this point I would not be surprised if all 3 of Auburn, Florida and TAMU are out. I will pick Florida in though.

And that's it; couldn't do enough to get in this year.

Nope and I just looked at the RPI update. Losing early in the SEC tourney and many bubble teams kept playing killed us. We played 1 game after taking the Arky series and dropped in the RPI from 30th to 43. No way we were getting in.

Well durn. We had our destiny in our own hands and just couldn't get it done when we had to. Our guys played hard this season. We just gave away a solid handful of games and that came back to bite us in the fanny.

Later Paw...

I just don't think that will happen. Whether he should or not is above my pay grade, but my gut tells me he will be back next season.

Later Paw...

Believe so; really wanted him to be successful but just could never really do much. Fundamentals and base running, I feel like, were the two things that needed to be addressed that seemingly never were. We'll see what the AD decides to do, but my guess is that if there is a change decided on, it will most likely be Casey Dunn. If there is no change, he will definitely be on the hot seat next year to win the west, and be in contention to host a regional.

Later Paw...

Believe so; really wanted him to be successful but just could never really do much. Fundamentals and base running, I feel like, were the two things that needed to be addressed that seemingly never were. We'll see what the AD decides to do, but my guess is that if there is a change decided on, it will most likely be Casey Dunn. If there is no change, he will definitely be on the hot seat next year to win the west, and be in contention to host a regional.

If that is the case based on what he has done, or shall I say has not done at Samford, we will likely be in the same spot 4 or 5 years from now.

ellitor ... your tune has changed since AU was eliminated from the SEC Tournament ...

My tune on what RIR? I have done the research and posted elsewhere I did not think Dunn was the man for the job.

If you are referring to me thinking we get in After Arky to realizing this morning we would not make it that is because I had no way of knowing we would take a deep six dive in bubble terms on the RPI from 30th to 43rd only playing 1 game. I thought we would have been 33rd at worse.

If they decide to get rid of him and I hear "Auburn Man" during the search, I will probably punch a baby.

Not quite that strong a reaction but I agree.

its a shame that folks can't see the big picture......i stil think we had a better than average season and am very excited about the guys coming in next season....we finally have power arms arriving. 33-23 was a decent season and these kids played hard...real hard...thanks Cooper and Wacker for good seasons and playing with class that symbolizes Auburn athletes....I know i am very partial and folks disagree, but i think that the coaching staff did a good job and we are on the verge of being a very, very good baseball team. coach Paw is an class act and is very well thought of among his peers.....with Davis and Thompson coming in (92 to 95 mph velocity)....great things will be here....and I look forward to Coach Paw' working with these young men and building a pitching staff to compete with anyone.

If they decide to get rid of him and I hear "Auburn Man" during the search, I will probably punch a baby.

Not only that, but the term "a good fit for Auburn." During the football search, there were so many posters talking about who would be a "good fit at Auburn," but I have yet to see any real explanation of what is considered a "good fit at Auburn."

Not only that, but the term "a good fit for Auburn." During the football search, there were so many posters talking about who would be a "good fit at Auburn," but I have yet to see any real explanation of what is considered a "good fit at Auburn."

I have heard that phrase in describing every hire we have ever made. I think it begins there.

I look forward to Coach Paw' working with these young men and building a pitching staff to compete with anyone.

Don't look too long. Word is spreading fast in the AD he will be released soon.

I was really certain we were in trouble after the tournament loss. Coach Pawlowski has not been able to build a program and loses regularly to inferior talent. He has a year left on his contract. If JJ heeds the message from a bottoms up review outside the words, but rather the intent, he makes a move. I don't think Paw is a bad coach, but has 1) underperformed 2) lead the program to the bottom tier of the SEC.

The question is: does he get his last year? I do not object to it, but I also think he has done a very poor job compared to what we were expecting him to accomplish.

ellitor ... your tune has changed since AU was eliminated from the SEC Tournament ...

Ellitor's tune changes on every win and loss. I appreciate your "want to", but this team coaching staff just isn't in the mix in the SEC. They actually gave themselves a chance late, but when Pawlowski let the middle game against Florida get away, they were done. He flat hung O'Neal out to dry.

And I'm convinced nightranger is JP. Keep sellin' it coach.

I don't know if Dunn is the answer, but a new culture is needed for AU baseball. Making the NCAA tournament shouldn't be in question like this every year.

We need a guy that can manage the game. You often hear the term "gameday coach" in reference to football. It applies to baseball too, and Pawloski is the worst gameday coach that I've ever seen in a highly-paid position.

He seems to be a good guy but it ends there. One reason we aren't in the tournament this year is that Pawloski set up the weakest OOC schedule possible. We had a home series scheduled with Arizona and he cancelled that. Last year we played Missouri an OOC series and instead of finding another major team he picked up Brown. That's no way to get into the NCAA tournament. If you think this is 20-20 hindsight by me, check some of the pre-season baseball threads. I was griping about how our watered down schedule would keep us out of the NCAA back in February!

Archived