7. Auburn

8. Ole Miss

9. Arkansas

10. Tennessee

11. Mississippi State

12. Vanderbilt

13. Kentucky

14. Missouri

East Ga,SC,Fl,TN,Vandy,Ky,Mizzu. West Al,TA&M,LSU,AU,Ole Miss, Ark,MSU. Ala beats Ga in SEC Championship and plays TA&M a second time for National Championship A&M wins it all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that are very high on UGA; I have pretty decent insight into their program and as good as the offense should be, the defense is markedly behind. If Driskell improves only slightly then UF should win the East. UGA will be very very young in multiple key spots on defense.

Plus UGA seems to choke in big games. I think they lose to USCe and FL. UGA's D didn't perform up to par last year and they've lost some key guys. Their offense will have to come up big against Clemson, USCe and FL...which it is capable of doing. Don't think they want to get in a shoot out with Clemson though...they'll lose that battle. Bobo is a shaky and questionable OC at times. Plus AM tends to have some bad turnovers in key moments. They are capable but i want to see it before i belive the GA hype.

I will be shocked if LSU finishes behind Ole Miss. Lots of LSU disrespect. I just don't get that. It may happen. I think they may win the West. They have stood toe-to-toe with the gumps for the last few years. The Hat gave the game away last year.

Their team was loaded with experience and talent last season and they dropped 3 games. During the last 5 seasons, LSU has lost 15 games compared to Alabama's 7. Clearly, Saban is getting more out of his talent than Miles is at LSU. Under Miles, LSU has primarily been strong on defense with a solid running game. Their offense has been inconsistent and I'm sure Miles has a strong input on their offense regardless of who the OC might be. IMO, Miles is a lot like Tuberville except he has more talent.

So that means that LSU will all of a sudden finish fourth in the West behind Ole Miss and A&M like many are predicting? Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. We will know in about five months.

I will be shocked if LSU finishes behind Ole Miss. Lots of LSU disrespect. I just don't get that. It may happen. I think they may win the West. They have stood toe-to-toe with the gumps for the last few years. The Hat gave the game away last year.

Their team was loaded with experience and talent last season and they dropped 3 games. During the last 5 seasons, LSU has lost 15 games compared to Alabama's 7. Clearly, Saban is getting more out of his talent than Miles is at LSU. Under Miles, LSU has primarily been strong on defense with a solid running game. Their offense has been inconsistent and I'm sure Miles has a strong input on their offense regardless of who the OC might be. IMO, Miles is a lot like Tuberville except he has more talent.

So that means that LSU will all of a sudden finish fourth in the West behind Ole Miss and A&M like many are predicting? Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. We will know in about five months.

Even though he did not quote it in his post I think he was just supporting my post about Bama player development being better than LSU's. He is right. LSU has unferachieved under Miles I think in every year other than the Natty win and Natty appearance years.

I never said that. In fact I had them No. 3 in the West based on power ratings. Does that mean I'm right? Of course not but it's my objective way of projecting the teams. I also stipulated that QB play would factor into the finish of the teams ranked 4-7. Their early losses to the NFL has to hurt regardless of how much talent they have returning. You don't lose that many players with talent and experience and not have some level of blow back. Finishing 4th in the SEC could still mean a 9-10 win season. My dark horse in the West is Ole Miss.

The Rebels return the most starters, were No. 2 in players with at least 20 games of experience, No. 3 in freshman who played in at least 12 games during 2012, No. 2 in seniors, No. 1 in returning letterman, No. 8 in recruiting over the past 4 years and No. 4 in conference with players appearing on Phil Steele's All-SEC teams. Bo Wallace was the No. 37 rated passer last year. If he can improve on that and become a top 25 passer in 2013, the Rebels could win 9-10 games this season. Don't forget they had close losses to A&M and LSU. They were 10 points away from being 10-3 rather than 7-6 in 2012.

I never said that. In fact I had them No. 3 in the West based on power ratings. Does that mean I'm right? Of course not but it's my objective way of projecting the teams. I also stipulated that QB play would factor into the finish of the teams ranked 4-7. Their early losses to the NFL has to hurt regardless of how much talent they have returning. You don't lose that many players with talent and experience and not have some level of blow back. Finishing 4th in the SEC could still mean a 9-10 win season. My dark horse in the West is Ole Miss.

The Rebels return the most starters, were No. 2 in players with at least 20 games of experience, No. 3 in freshman who played in at least 12 games during 2012, No. 2 in seniors, No. 1 in returning letterman, No. 8 in recruiting over the past 4 years and No. 4 in conference with players appearing on Phil Steele's All-SEC teams. Bo Wallace was the No. 37 rated passer last year. If he can improve on that and become a top 25 passer in 2013, the Rebels could win 9-10 games this season. Don't forget they had close losses to A&M and LSU. They were 10 points away from being 10-3 rather than 7-6 in 2012.

Ole Miss has a very solid coaching staff. Also, they were one of the few teams that didn't get ran off the field by Bama last year.

Its funny how everyone is disrespecting the corndogs because they have more talent as bama but everyone is buying bama's stock! Not me, never have and never will

I don't think you recognize a "blue-chip" stock when you see one. There are some teams that are just head 'n shoulders above others, there are some stocks that are head 'n shoulders above others.

1. Alabama Ge orgia

2. Texas - TAMU

3. Georgia - Florida

4. South Carolina - UAT

5. Florida USC

6. L.S.U.Ole Miss

7. Auburn LSU

8. Ole Miss Arky

9. Arkansas TN

10. Tennessee Miss State

11. Mississippi State Auburn

12. Vanderbilt

13. Kentucky

14. Missouri

East Ga,SC,Fl,TN,Vandy,Ky,Mizzu. West Al,TA&M,LSU,AU,Ole Miss, Ark,MSU. Ala beats Ga in SEC Championship and plays TA&M a second time for National Championship A&M wins it all.

My alternative ranking above. UAT will repeat 2010; they lost an entire NFL defense...they just can't be as unstoppable as last year. GA will finally put it together. FLA has a great schedule...A&M will be strong, but will drop one against either UAT, LSU or OleMiss; someone will control the D-line on them and Manziel just won't get enough time to pull it out. Alas, we will be dismal; as much as it pains me to admit it...we win 1 SEC game; 2 max. 6-6 with a trip to Shreveport or Memphis;or Nashville if lucky.

Its funny how everyone is disrespecting the corndogs because they have more talent as bama but everyone is buying bama's stock! Not me, never have and never will

I don't think you recognize a "blue-chip" stock when you see one. There are some teams that are just head 'n shoulders above others, there are some stocks that are head 'n shoulders above others.

They are perceived to be better than everyone, they havent prooved anything yet!! Remember; its a new day!!! Its also a new yr as well!! WDE

1. Alabama Ge orgia

2. Texas - TAMU

3. Georgia - Florida

4. South Carolina - UAT

5. Florida USC

6. L.S.U.Ole Miss

7. Auburn LSU

8. Ole Miss Arky

9. Arkansas TN

10. Tennessee Miss State

12. Vanderbilt

13. Kentucky

14. Missouri

My alternative ranking above. UAT will repeat 2010; they lost an entire NFL defense...they just can't be as unstoppable as last year. GA will finally put it together. FLA has a great schedule...A&M will be strong, but will drop one against either UAT, LSU or OleMiss; someone will control the D-line on them and Manziel just won't get enough time to pull it out. Alas, we will be dismal; as much as it pains me to admit it...we win 1 SEC game; 2 max. 6-6 with a trip to Shreveport or Memphis;or Nashville if lucky.

Gus is laughng at ur predictions right now, just sit back and watch, we are all n for a treat this yr!!

1. Alabama Ge orgia

2. Texas - TAMU

3. Georgia - Florida

4. South Carolina - UAT

5. Florida USC

6. L.S.U.Ole Miss

7. Auburn LSU

8. Ole Miss Arky

9. Arkansas TN

10. Tennessee Miss State

12. Vanderbilt

13. Kentucky

14. Missouri

UAT lost an entire NFL defense in 2011 - Barron/Chapman/Harris/Upshaw/Menzie/Hightower/Kirkpartick (7 gone.) Somehow NS was able to field the #1 defense the conference again in 2012 with NFL bound players like Mosley/Johnson/Milliner/Square/Lester/Williams/Dial (another 7 gone). One team stopped them in '11 and one team stopped them in '12. Anybody see a pattern here? With the schedule they have this year - IMO 1 team will beat them this year as well. UGA lost a ton on defense, and their depth is inexperienced - their offense should rock on. FLA will have a top shelf defense, but better find an offense if they want to win the East. I agree on aTm - they will drop at least 1 maybe 2 games due to loss on their OL & DL and defenses have had a chance to plan for rockstar QB JFF. We will not be dismal, we will see marked improvement everywhere on the field. Hopefully that improvement translates to W's at the end of the day.

I agree with everything you said UNTIL you started talking about Auburn.

SEC games we SHOULD win:

Arkansas

Tennessee (both Arky and UT have new coaches as well, but we have one who recruited many of the players on the offense)

Ole Miss (Theyr're coming off playing UAT while we had a bye week. Give Gus 2 weeks and he can work some magic)

SEC games that will at least be close, and that we have a chance to win:

Mississippi State (I think we pull it out, but it'll be close.)

LSU (We almost beat them last year, but this year is in Death Valley. I think we lose a close one.)

Texas A&M (It'll be MUCH closer, and I think that aTm is overhyped this year. I think Manziel adds to his highlight reel with a game winning TD pass in the closing seconds.)

Alabama (With the ammount of people they lost, the chip on our shoulder, and the fact that Saban's teams have historically struggled against the HUNH, I think it will be close. An Iron Bowl for the ages.)

Georgia (Again, if our defense steps up and plays like Johnson's defenses have in the past, we have a shot at winning.)

SEC games that we have absolutely no chance of winning:

SEC W

1.) Bama

2.) TAMU

3.) LSU

4.) Miss

5.) AU

6.) MSST

7.) Arky

SEC E

1.) Florida

2.) UGA

3.) USCe

4.) Vandy

5.) Tenn

6.) Mizz

7.) UK

My list is the same as yours Max. With a "possible" flip of MISS/AU and UGA/USCe.

SEC games we SHOULD win:

Arkansas

Tennessee (both Arky and UT have new coaches as well, but we have one who recruited many of the players on the offense)

Ole Miss (Theyr're coming off playing UAT while we had a bye week. Give Gus 2 weeks and he can work some magic)

LSU (We almost beat them last year, but this year is in Death Valley. I think we lose a close one.)

Texas A&M (It'll be MUCH closer, and I think that aTm is overhyped this year. I think Manziel adds to his highlight reel with a game winning TD pass in the closing seconds.)

Alabama (With the ammount of people they lost, the chip on our shoulder, and the fact that Saban's teams have historically struggled against the HUNH, I think it will be close. An Iron Bowl for the ages.)

Georgia (Again, if our defense steps up and plays like Johnson's defenses have in the past, we have a shot at winning.)

Hope you are right... I don't like being this pessimistic. This team reminds me more of Pat Dye's 1st team though. We were so bad last year; it's just hard to envision a huge rebound no matter who is making the decisions. I'd think our chances are better with Miss St. vs Ole Miss...

Hope you are right... I don't like being this pessimistic. This team reminds me more of Pat Dye's 1st team though. We were so bad last year; it's just hard to envision a huge rebound no matter who is making the decisions. I'd think our chances are better with Miss St. vs Ole Miss...

My reasoning on MissState and Ole Miss was that Miss State will be the first SEC game, and historically that has been tough for us (see Miss State in 2010). Before Ole Miss, we come off a bye week (Gus is gonna come out guns blazing) while Ole Miss comes off probably the toughest game on their schedule, at Bama. My thought is that they're going to be beat up after that.

IMO we are going to be better than most are expecting. Gus was only 1 year removed from the program (in fact he didn't even sell his house!) and he has put together one of the best if not the best staff in the nation. They are all proven veterens except for maybe Lashlee as OC, but (as it has been mentioned on AUF multiple times) he has been with Gus for 15 years, as a HS QB, grad assistant, and finally OC at Arky State last year, in which they had one of the top 20 offenses in the nation. He has also stated that Gus will be involved in the play calling and that it will be a group effort.

SEC games we SHOULD win:

Arkansas

You should swap Miss St and Ole Miss. Ole Miss, is more talented, more experienced, better coached, and hungrier than the West Side Dogs. I have Auburn winning both but the Ole Miss game will be closer. It's a stepping stone game for the Rebels and we will likely get their best punch.

2013 will go down as the season no one saw coming; especially bammer, Lsu, uGa. The old guard schools will give way to Auburn being the best in the SEC and nation! It could happen my friends! Gotta believe in this team and coaching staff.

2013 will go down as the season no one saw coming; especially bammer, Lsu, uGa. The old guard schools will give way to Auburn being the best in the SEC and nation! It could happen my friends! Gotta believe in this team and coaching staff.

Same thing im saying but no one is listening!! WDE

What we hear and what we believe isn't always the same. :bananadance:

What we hear and what we believe isn't always the same. :bananadance:

And to go one step further, what we believe often times affect what we "hear".

What we hear and what we believe isn't always the same. :bananadance:/>

Funny^^ Gus will be laughing in the end!! WDE

Archived