2014 4* JUCO OT Dontavius Blair (Tennessee signee)

IronMan70

997903.jpg

Dontavius Blair, OT

Anniston, AL (Anniston Sch)

Ht: 6-8 | Wt: 294 | 40: 5.0

- 3 to play 2

- December grad

- 18 BCS offers, 7 from the SEC including all the SEC West minus LSU and TAMU

- Lead Recruiter: Rodney Garner (P), JB Grimes (S)

- Visited 7/19/13

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

Offers: Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, Kansas State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC, Washington and West Virginia, among others.

Rivals article link (free part) : http://auburn.rivals...&fid=&tid=&mid=

Hudl Highlights Blair is the LT in the highlights.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's the guy I want the most on OL because of his size. Hope he get an offer but it's up to the coaches.

He's the guy I want the most on OL because of his size. Hope he get an offer but it's up to the coaches.

I wonder how his footwork is for a man that size ? I am sure the coaches need to evaluate that in person, but, you just know NM has filled the coaches in on what he thinks about him in advance of any visit.

Id offer him on size alone, if you can turn him into a startign left or right tackle he will be a beast. Needs to get up to like 315-320 with that height though.

Who do you envision him beating out? A 2-year starter in GRob? A 2-year starter in PMiller? Or Avery or Shon? Really, do we need a JUCO OT? I guess GRob could bolt after next year, and theoretically Blair could start at LT for a year. But I see one of the aforementioned guys taking the position if that happens (Shon).

We're already going to use a 1-and-done spot on D'haquille (hopefully). Do we need to keep bringing in JUCOs? I thought we went that route for this year's class to get over the hump. Maybe the coaches will do it again for the '14 class, IDK. For an OL as young as ours I just don't see the logic.

Who do you envision him beating out? A 2-year starter in GRob? A 2-year starter in PMiller? Or Avery or Shon? Really, do we need a JUCO OT? I guess GRob could bolt after next year, and theoretically Blair could start at LT for a year. But I see one of the aforementioned guys taking the position if that happens (Shon).

We're already going to use a 1-and-done spot on D'haquille (hopefully). Do we need to keep bringing in JUCOs? I thought we went that route for this year's class to get over the hump. Maybe the coaches will do it again for the '14 class, IDK. For an OL as young as ours I just don't see the logic.

GRob is eligible for 2014 NFL Draft because he will be RS So this fall.

We are loaded at OT no doubt about that and that is probably the main reason for no offer. But, I guess it would all depend on how good he really is. If he was used at OG he would be the biggest OG in SEC history, lol. I wonder if he has ever played any DE/DT ? Dang he is a big kid.

We are loaded at OT no doubt about that and that is probably the main reason for no offer. But, I guess it would all depend on how good he really is. I wonder if he has ever played any DE ?

We can move several guys from OT to OG on depth chart like Diamond from OT to OG.

We are loaded at OT no doubt about that and that is probably the main reason for no offer. But, I guess it would all depend on how good he really is. I wonder if he has ever played any DE ?

We can move several guys from OT to OG on depth chart like Diamond from OT to OG.

Hadn't the Coaches already made that move in the Spring ? We have an abundance of riches at OT right now with Robinson, Coleman, Young and Miller. The OGs are starting to fill in too with Slade, Kozan, Diamond, Danzey and now Mix. It would be a tough roster to crack that's for sure so he would have to be darn good to do it.

I think we're pretty much all in agreement! We've got the makings of a pretty sick OL. For a couple a years!

(Unless GRob pancakes the entire division, he's coming back, but yeah, WEAU, my bad. He could leave after this year.)

I think he'll come into town on the 20th, check out the depth chart, what his future playing time might be, and say Thanks but no thanks. Not on that day, but I see no logical reason why he'd choose Auburn, with the depth we have, when he's got his pick of schools.

I'm guessing that since he is from Anniston, and has stated he has been waiting for this offer, that he may have grown up an AU fan. He also has a friend, in Nick Marshall, on the team.

Would love to get him.

Why??? Thunder Bucket

With our OL why not RS him for a year, teach him the DE position, and he will be a beast with his size?

Would love to get him.

Why??? Thunder Bucket

With our OL why not RS him for a year, teach him the DE position, and he will be a beast with his size?

We have a great OL IMO, but you can never have enough talent at any position. Last season I voiced concern about our QB position, before the season. I was told we were "deep" (one poster actually said we had 6 QB's on the roster. You know who you are) and the "quality of depth" was no problem. Injuries take a toll on any football team. Passing up quality talent just isn't smart IMO.

It's not often you have a decent chance to sign a 6'8" 300 lb. 4* football player. Since it looks like they have that chance, the coaches are likely thinking it would be a good idea to find some place for this guy to play.

I have been waiting to see if we would offer. I agree with IronMan70 that we could find something for him to do. That is one large young man.

Like it has been said, I don't think it's so much Auburn not wanting him because we have OL depth, if they didn't want him they wouldn't have offered. It has more to do with if Blair can see himself getting immediate playing time at Tackle.

One reason why I hope we sign Blair is because he's from Anniston. I'm also hoping we'll sign Roc Thomas since he's from Oxford.

Archived