2014 4* JUCO OT Dontavius Blair (Tennessee signee)

IronMan70

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly is so attractive about Tennessee to recruits? I don't get it. Knoxville is cool and all, but damn..... they've been terrible since Fulmer was ousted.

I really dont get it either. The UT campus is not cool but rather down right ugly compared to Auburn. The town is nice and offers more to do than Auburn but the University itself has nothing on Aubrun

I think we're still in the running for Dontavius. If we can keep "Mr. Mo" going on our side during the next 5 games, I feel Mr. Blair will flip his commitment from Tenn to Auburn if we can beat Tenn @ their place on Nov. 9th.

I think we're still in the running for Dontavius. If we can keep "Mr. Mo" going on our during the next 5 games, I feel Mr. Blair will flip his commitment from Tenn to Auburn if we can beat Tenn @ their place on Nov. 9th.

JMO but I think the staff has moved on from Blair.

I really didn't understand why the coaches were after him to begin with to be honest. We have a log jam of talented OL players as it is so I expect atleast a couple of OL to transfer after this year. If you are a JUCO OL looking for playing time, best look elsewhere than AU and that is a good thing for us fans!!

Blair and Lambert could both still be in play. I agree about Blair and him not fitting in terms of roster management, but Lambert would be a solid flip in terms of need. The reason both could be in play is that Tennessee is publicly talking about "processing" existing commits; here's the reason. They currently have 26 commitments, with the Berry twins being a foregone conclusion, totaling 28. They can take up to 32, leaving 4 open slots. They are either leading or in top 5 with several other prospects, including Josh Malone and the Mosley kid from Nashville. Cortez McDowell, who we all thought might commit right after BCW, might also be back in play as this unfolds, but with a 94 rating from 247, he's one they'll put a priority on to keep. TIFWIW, they aren't hiding the possibility.

Agree Pops, especially Lambert, the other DT's have improved but outside of Adams (who is still a True FR) we don't have any dominant DT's at this time. Not saying Gabe & Co. can't improve, they can. They just are not THERE yet. I can see us drawing attention from some UTe and UGA as well as USCe recruits. (USCe with Sawyer who was thought to be headed there, Arden Key and I still wonder about Kitt...) Unless I was certain of Roberts flipping I would really get back after Cortez. I know he got his feelings hurt at BCW but come on...UTe...really? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

No he signed financial aid to Tenn already.

That does not stop other teams from recruiting a prospect. It allows the team to discuss him publically and unlimited contact with the recruit. It binds the school to the recruit but not the recruit to the school. Recruits can sign Fin Aid papars with as many schools he wants.

Do you think we will start recruiting Dontavius Blair really hard now that Robinson will probably enter the draft?

Have not heard any pick up for Blair nor any word on G-Rob leaving early. Yes I know he is 22 on Kiper's newest big board but it would be premature to assume he is gone.

Isn't that what (QB) Watson signed so he could get into Clemson.

Yes

Archived