2014 4* JUCO OT Dontavius Blair (Tennessee signee)

IronMan70

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a guy from Anniston who played at Jax St. I believe his first name was Mondreko but he was nowhere near the size of this guy. But I wonder if they are related.

I remember a guy from Anniston who played at Jax St. I believe his first name was Mondreko but he was nowhere near the size of this guy. But I wonder if they are related.

Yes he is our nephew.. Im Mondreco young brother (6'4) and I started four years at JSU also.. Both us played DE in college and we know what a tackle look like and he been born and breed to play it (coached him since 9 years old left tackle).. ....He is Scout #1 tackle in the nation JUCO #2overall ....top ten 24/7, and going to be top 5 in Rivals and ESPN....He will not have no trouble playin!!!!

Yes he is our nephew.. Im Mondreco young brother (6'4) and I started four years at JSU also.. Both us played DE in college and we know what a tackle look like and he been born and breed to play it (coached him since 9 years old left tackle).. ....He is Scout #1 tackle in the nation JUCO #2overall ....top ten 24/7, and going to be top 5 in Rivals and ESPN....He will not have no trouble playin!!!!

Well tell him to come on down. We would love to have him. Best of luck to him no matter where he decides to go to school.

AU knows, you know, soooo sign him up lol He a big AU fan?

What about this little really really fast dude, like 20.12 200, 10.1 100 fast! Tyreek Hill? Surely your nephew's opened up a hole or two for this kid.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure db is a fine young man but it makes me wonder if the coaches know something or maybe I'm a little depth chart ignorant ... Going after a juco OT with the OT we have gotten the last couple years makes me wonder.

I guess the other option is he is a great OT who fits our culture and system. I'll opt for this one

I'm sure db is a fine young man but it makes me wonder if the coaches know something or maybe I'm a little depth chart ignorant ... Going after a juco OT with the OT we have gotten the last couple years makes me wonder.

I guess the other option is he is a great OT who fits our culture and system. I'll opt for this one

The coaches may think G-Rob will go pro after his RS Junior year because they told Blair he could come in to compete at RT then move to LT his senior year.

I really hope we can snag this guy. We need great OL's for this offense to really work. (Of course, a decent QB,too)

With all the JUCOs we are recruiting and bringing in, I think Gus is planning for a breakout year in 2014.

Fill the gaps with talent and experience and let's run toward the SEC Championship!

With all the JUCOs we are recruiting and bringing in, I think Gus is planning for a breakout year in 2014.

Fill the gaps with talent and experience and let's run toward the SEC Championship!

Gus wants to win right now. He is about as driven of a coach AU has had since I would say Pat Dye.

On offense we should have no less than 9 returning starters for the 2014 run....

I'm with you and Gus. He isn't letting any grass grow under his feet either. He wants to get this steam engine rolling now not later and to that end he will keep bringing in JUCOS that can immediately make the 2 deep. He'll do that until the Freshman in his first 2 to 3 classes are able to start making the 2 deep themselves.

At that point, even though he will be able to cut back on the numbers of JUCOs, he will still use them to fill in immediate 2 deep needs created by attrition or under performance. I have to say, the quality of the JUCOs we signed last year as well as the one's we are pursuing so far this year have been impressive.

I will be shocked if he doesn't come to AU. His brother has said he is ALL SEC!! Free Shoes University can stick it!

I will be shocked if he doesn't come to AU. His brother has said he is ALL SEC!! Free Shoes University can stick it!

I am hoping we get Blair AND Lambert in August. I think we have a good chance too.

I am hoping we get Blair AND Lambert in August. I think we have a good chance too.

That would be great and if Blair can help with Roc that would be great too.

Archived