My guess at a starting lineup

benjazz

PG Canada - 6'3" - tough call but size and stamina win out over quickness

SG Harrell - 6'4" - could go with Denson, but either way we need lots of points out of this position

SF Payne - 6'6" - need improved offense while still doing great work on D

PF Griciunas- 7'0" - very tough call here but he has more offensive potential which we need

C ADT - 7'0" - Added weight should help; need rebounds defense and blocks from him.

I'd be pretty surprised (pleasantly) to see two 7-footers in the same lineup. I have also noticed our 2 new big men have yet to make it on campus and officially become AU students.

I'd be pretty surprised (pleasantly) to see two 7-footers in the same lineup. I have also noticed our 2 new big men have yet to make it on campus and officially become AU students.

Bryan Matthews, had a free article yesterday, and said Griciunas has some issues with immigration, but should be on campus this week. Currently taking online classes. Delph still trying to qualify.

Link

PG- Tahj - Canada

SG- denson - Harrell

SF- Shaq - granger - Griffin

PF- Payne - Atewe

C- ADT- benas

I think Denson and Harrell will both be on the floor a lot together and will probably both start but I wanted to slot players at their natural position so I went with this lineup

PG-Tahj, Canada

SG-Harrell, Denson

SF-Johnson, Payne, Wade

PF-Griffin, Granger, Graciunas to RS

C- Tatum, Atewe, Delph if he qualifies

Harrell is going to start unless he get's hurt. He is our best player. Benas plays PF not C.

PG- Deen

SG- Harrell

SF- Johnson

PF/SF- Griffin

C- ADT

I feel very confident about Harrell, Johnson, and ADT. Also, Barbee could easily move Johnson at 4 and put Denson at 3, which kicks Griffin out. I actually think that is the more probable situation.

I wonder at all the lists of starters that don't include Payne and Denson. Is it the thinking that our 2* recruits will unseat the only returning seniors that have stuck it out through multiple Barbee years?

If they decide on a 3 guard lineup it could look like this.

PG Canada 6'3"

SG Denson 6.2"

SF Harrell 6.4"

PF Atewe 6'9"

C ADT 7'0"

Archived