2014 4* RB Darrel Williams (LSU signee)

im4au

I am not saying we don't need him, cause we need all the talent we can get, but do not forget we get Cam-Payne back, as well as Peyton Barber. That is two different power backs one of whom will be a Senior and the other a RS Freshman. So as long as we can sign one in either this or the next class we should be alright at power back.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question I thought earlier: if the AU staff was happy with just Pettway. Then why are they not happy with just Roc if Pettway doesn't qualify?

The staff would be happy with just Roc but they would like 2 quality RBs with different styles if they can get them.

El, how serious is this grade thing with Pettway and can it be salvaged?

Mikey probably said it best in the Pettway thread a couple weeks ago.

We all need to keep our fingers crossed on this one. Grades are a serious issue right now. He has a chance to get qualified but there's a lot of hard work that needs to be done first.

(No, I'm not a guidance counselor at P'ville. I do trust a person that's in a position to know)

They also didn't seriously think that they could lose Tre Mason to the draft at the end of the year...

Who's they? The staff has known Tre expects to leave for a while.

Are you saying tre is going to declare for this coming draft ... That it was a fairly expected happening? Because I think that is big news.

Waiting to see is one thing ... Already planning to do it is another.

Are you saying tre is going to declare for this coming draft ... That it was a fairly expected happening? Because I think that is big news.

Waiting to see is one thing ... Already planning to do it is another.

He has been planning on it. It could explain the big push in his touches in the past month. Things can always change though. Falling short of a championship or a poor draft grade may entice him back. You never know. It's not really news though. It's already been put out there by Gabe the Great on twitter who usually has good info from inside the program.

El, thanks and thanks, my friend. Sorry about your Lions last Friday night (I really mean it). Kind of a shocker especially at Stanley Jensen.

El, thanks and thanks, my friend. Sorry about your Lions last Friday night (I really mean it). Kind of a shocker especially at Stanley Jensen.

Thanks but not really a shocker, especially given we had to play an 8th grader @ QB for the 1st half because our Senior QB had to go skip a class and get disciplined for it.

Thanks but not really a shocker, especially given we had to play an 8th grader @ QB for the 1st half because our Senior QB had to go skip a class and get disciplined for it.

I didn't know about the QB situation. Man, that's tough; an 8th grader at QB in a 6A playoff game! How does a 6A team not have an older backup? That just doesn't seem right for Chad. I also noticed, if I remember correctly, that every team in Prattville's area lost in the first round. That right?

What about the promise to Roc that we wouldn't take any more RBs ? I assume that base has been covered ?

I am sure it has. We will not take 3 RBs. If we take another RB that likely means KP is in dire straits academically.

man our RB situation is going to be jam packed next year, but will open up the following year with 3 guys' eligibility expiring

*assuming Tre Mason stays for his senior year

I'm very curious about the impact these running backs will have in their first year at Auburn. CAP/Grant/Barber/Ford are all solid and I don't know if any freshman will come in and take the majority of the carries from that group

I'm very curious about the impact these running backs will have in their first year at Auburn. CAP/Grant/Barber/Ford are all solid and I don't know if any freshman will come in and take the majority of the carries from that group

Maybe not, but none of them have the natural gifts that Roc has. Not that they aren't gifted because they are. But IMO Roc is just on a different level with his ability to stop/start, juke folks and/or run slap over them. I still can't believe Bama slow played him like that. Just another sign that there could be a storm brewing in T'Town IYAM. Lots and lots of smoke...

Maybe not, but none of them have the natural gifts that Roc has. Not that they aren't gifted because they are. But IMO Roc is just on a different level with his ability to stop/start, juke folks and/or run slap over them. I still can't believe Bama slow played him like that. Just another sign that there could be a storm brewing in T'Town IYAM. Lots and lots of smoke...

I know I'm stating the obvious but CAP and Grant will be gone in 2 seasons so someone like Darrel Williams should see that by his 2nd year (if he redshirts then he is still eligible for 4 more), when he would realistically be getting solid reps, the depth chart will be more manageable for him.

Have we stepped up the recruiting efforts on Williams? Just wondering given the suggestion elsewhere on this sight that Pettway may have work to do.

BTW, the starting QB in the Prattville playoff game was Josh Moore, a 9th grader. Remember that name...with a bit more size he could be a fun one to watch.

Archived