2014 4* RB Darrel Williams (LSU signee)

im4au

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked him up. SEC East teams like him. I think I counted 5 SEC schools with offers. 6'1 200lbs. FL and GA offered but I think they might finished at RB for now. I think AU might be hesitant to take a RB at the moment with Roc still out there but I'm not a coach what do I know. If you find film please post link.

I've love to see us sign Roc Thomas, but if Roc commits else, I'd hate for our statf to keep waiting until it's too late to sign Darel Williams.

Doesn't stop running. Makes me think of Darrin Mcfadden in the wildcat at Ark.

Article from 4/24/13 about his recruitment. Mentioned Auburn had been looking at him even then.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/04/despite_rough_season_ehrets_da.html

Williams, 6 feet and 208 pounds, picked up scholarship offers from Tulane, Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana-Monroe but has seen an uptick recently.

He received an offer from Georgia two weeks ago and also has one from Mississippi State, which he will visit next month. LSU, Florida, Georgia Tech and Auburn, among others, have shown interest and could offer Williams by the end of the summer.

Williams said he really enjoyed his trip to the Bulldogs' Athens campus, which he made before attending the Nike Football Training Camp in Atlanta.

"It was great," said Williams, who projects as a running back at the next level. "We sat down and talked about how they ran their offense. I like how they run their offense and how they use their running backs

Along with his visits, Williams has had a good camp season, impressing at the Atlanta NFTC. He ran a 4.18-second 20-yard shuttle that tied for the ninth-best time of about 200 camp participants.

He runs like another Williams...Carnell Williams, remember how he ran? His whole body was moving around (head, shoulders, arms, waist and legs). IMO, that's who Darrell Williams reminds me of.

Would he jump at a LSU offer? If he does they'll possibly lose Fournette to uat (they probably will anyway), then Roc would come home to AU.

Would he jump at a LSU offer? If he does they'll possibly lose Fournette to uat (they probably will anyway), then Roc would come home to AU.

Perhaps we are trying to force the dominoes to fall.

I like the look in this kids eyes. He just has that stare, not sure what to call it. Like he has something to prove.

Seems to have all the moves, good speed, good cutback ability. The thing that really stood out to me is that he followed his blockers, and allowed the play to develop, then attacked at full speed. If the play broke down, he got creative and made things happen. Also, in most of those clips, it took more than one guy to bring him down.

I like Roc, but if the coaches feel that this kid deserves an offer, I'm all for it. I think they may be trying to send a subtle message to Roc that the boat may be leaving the dock soon, and he better get on board or be left standing on the beach.

Go Gus and company, bring the players YOU want to the Plains! In the world of recruiting, it's not always best to "let the stars be your guide".

Seems to have all the moves, good speed, good cutback ability. The thing that really stood out to me is that he followed his blockers, and allowed the play to develop, then attacked at full speed. If the play broke down, he got creative and made things happen. Also, in most of those clips, it took more than one guy to bring him down.

I like Roc, but if the coaches feel that this kid deserves an offer, I'm all for it. I think they may be trying to send a subtle message to Roc that the boat may be leaving the dock soon, and he better get on board or be left standing on the beach.

Go Gus and company, bring the players YOU want to the Plains! In the world of recruiting, it's not always best to "let the stars be your guide".

That would be another great move by this staff. Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I love the way this staff doesn't wait around.

Anyone else notice his HS team went 0-9 last year? His reaction in an interview when the record was brought up was that he was working hard to improve. When asked a leading question that would let him put the blame for the poor record on his teammates he replied that the whole team had worked hard and was working harder now to get better. Watching his highlights one can only wonder how a team with him at running back could go 0-9. I think it's also interesting that in these days of HS kids moving around to get on a loaded team he's staying put.

I like the look in this kids eyes. He just has that stare, not sure what to call it. Like he has something to prove.

It's the 'Eye of the Tiger' get him to the plains and turn him loose. :)

It's the 'Eye of the Tiger' get him to the plains and turn him loose. :)/>

diga-diga-diga-diga-diga-diga-diga-diga-----

DANT! DANT-----DANT-DANT!! DANT DANT-DANT!!! DANT-DANT-DUNNNNNNNN N N !!

That's the Beavis and Butt-head version^^^^

I saw Survivor at Six Flags in Atlanta in 1987 maybe '88. They were not in their prime by any means by then but it was a good show. I'm not sure how serious we are about this offer but as we have seen time and time again, if the kid isn't hungry it doesn't matter how many stars you have. To succeed in the SEC you have to work, and work hard. I like that we are getting attention from the 4*-5* kids. They are ranked that high for a reason. But there are many kids at schools that are not Football Factories and if your team goes 0-9 I doubt you are getting much publicity.

No inside info but Williams is visiting AU tomorrow. I say offer him. Just don't think Roc is going to AU. Like I said no inside info just my gut feeling.

I hope your wrong here.

No inside info but Williams is visiting AU tomorrow. I say offer him. Just don't think Roc is going to AU. Like I said no inside info just my gut feeling.

I'm with you wdeWDE, if the bammer depth chart doesn't bother Roc then signing this Williams won't be a threat to him. We can't afford to be held hostage by Roc and should build this class and recruit as if we know he isn't coming IMO. Then if he does, great. If not, adios amigos, we got this.

Archived