2014 4* RB Darrel Williams (LSU signee)

im4au

If CAP has a Rudi Johnson type of year, than by all means good luck in the league. Mason I think knows be could probably benefit from Coach Russell and Gus's ability to get him in space. Hope they both stay for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASU finished last season on an up-note, and everything seems to be trending upward during the off-season. The team may be better overall, but it is going to be tough to win the division and meet Oregon in the PAC12 championship game-- ASU has games against Wisconsin, @Stanford, USC, Notre Dame in Arlington, Washington, @Utah, @UCLA, Oregon State, and Arizona. That's a pretty tough lineup.

• 2 months later...

Visiting for Iron Bowl

If true then it's probably because of the Kam Pettway grade issues Mikey and I have been told from people in the Prattville program. Williams is physical like Pettway

Visiting for Iron Bowl

If true then it's probably because of the Kam Pettway grade issues Mikey and I have been told from people in the Prattville program. Williams is physical like Pettway

I hope Pettway can't get his grades together. No offense to Williams but I like Pettway a little (a lot) more. I believe Prattville got eliminated from the playoffs so maybe he can hit the books a little more now.

I hope Pettway can't get his grades together. No offense to Williams but I like Pettway a little (a lot) more. I believe Prattville got eliminated from the playoffs so maybe he can hit the books a little more now.

Did you mean can? lol

Did you mean can? lol

Hahaha good catch. One day I'll learn to proof read. Yes CAN should've been the word.

Visiting for Iron Bowl

Not that it matters but Darrel Williams will be a consensus 4 star RB and ranked higher on every site in the end. He is having a great senior season.

One question I thought earlier: if the AU staff was happy with just Pettway. Then why are they not happy with just Roc if Pettway doesn't qualify?

Probably refers to E's comment about Williams being a bruiser like Pettway. The staff may feel a little better about their speed backs (especially with J. Ford if need be) but wants to make sure they've got some bulk there too

One question I thought earlier: if the AU staff was happy with just Pettway. Then why are they not happy with just Roc if Pettway doesn't qualify?

Here's what happens a lot. A staff (any staff, ours included) gets a good prospect to commit and then says "we're happy!" That way if they miss on another guy they really want nobody makes much of it. "We're happy with what we have" is a CYA statement. They seldom mean it.

Here's what happens a lot. A staff (any staff, ours included) gets a good prospect to commit and then says "we're happy!" That way if they miss on another guy they really want nobody makes much of it. "We're happy with what we have" is a CYA statement. They seldom mean it.

I agree.

The staff would be happy with just Roc but they would like 2 quality RBs with different styles if they can get them.

The staff would be happy with just Roc but they would like 2 quality RBs with different styles if they can get them.

El, how serious is this grade thing with Pettway and can it be salvaged?

That's was kinda my thought from the start. I suppose if u run a two different a styles at RB you need one of both in the cycle.

Good point. I like how this staff seems to always be proactive about covering their backsides in recruiting.

Archived