2014 4* RB Darrel Williams (LSU signee)

im4au

Based on how Gus has been handling recruiting then I think he may very well move on. I expect he may leave a couple of spots come end if January for a select few of the big dogs.

I think he is so confidant in his system that he believes he can win with guys, even if the recruitniks have them lower down the ranking. It's not like this guy isn't good. He is very good and could be very productive in the Gus O

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No inside info but Williams is visiting AU tomorrow. I say offer him. Just don't think Roc is going to AU. Like I said no inside info just my gut feeling.

We have offered. It's just not commitable yet. I on the other hand feel genuinely good about Roc for the forst time in this cycle. He and Sean White have hit it off and getting his cousin Blair would only be a positive.

Based on how Gus has been handling recruiting then I think he may very well move on. I expect he may leave a couple of spots come end if January for a select few of the big dogs.

I think he is so confidant in his system that he believes he can win with guys, even if the recruitniks have them lower down the ranking. It's not like this guy isn't good. He is very good and could be very productive in the Gus O

Gus only moves on if plan B is close to plan A in the staff's eyes. Example it looks like the staff has not found a plan B they feel good about yet at C hence still recruiting Casher.

I like the look in this kids eyes. He just has that stare, not sure what to call it. Like he has something to prove.

It's the 'Eye of the Tiger' get him to the plains and turn him loose. :)

I agree completely. The eyes say he's hungry, and has a chip on his shoulder.

No inside info but Williams is visiting AU tomorrow. I say offer him. Just don't think Roc is going to AU. Like I said no inside info just my gut feeling.

We have offered. It's just not commitable yet. I on the other hand feel genuinely good about Roc for the forst time in this cycle. He and Sean White have hit it off and getting his cousin Blair would only be a positive.

That's what I was thinking as well E. With Roc and White hitting it off, certainly seems to only bode well for our chances thus far.

I believe we are recruiting Williams as an athlete. If so, shouldn't affect Roc's status at all. TIFWIW, I think Roc winds up on the Plains!!

I believe we are recruiting Williams as an athlete. If so, shouldn't affect Roc's status at all. TIFWIW, I think Roc winds up on the Plains!!

Read that too but I am not sure Williams would go to a school to be an athlete while he is LSU's #2 choice at RB if they miss on Fournette.

Read that too but I am not sure Williams would go to a school to be an athlete while he is LSU's #2 choice at RB if they miss on Fournette.

if that's the case, i want him. let Roc be our 1a, but Williams can be our 1b. 3 stars be damned!

Who said we should pass on Roc? Certainly not me. I love Roc but just believe we are being short sided if we wait on him and him alone. The fact he wants to play at bammer says he isn't afraid of competition. Therefore if we add another back/ATH it won't affect him either. All I was trying to say is take this kid!! Roc isn't going to care. But for him to be #2 for LSU says he can play football to me.

I think we lead for Roc now. No telling what happens if the LA RB chooses LSU. I think there it may be close to 50% - 50% on if he ends up at LSU or Bama. If Roc is real close to his cousin and the cousing signs with AU and if Sean grows his relationship with Roc, then this can only be good. There is a lot up in the air right now on Roc, but he will definitely be worth the wait.

***PLEASE STOP SUMMARIZING PREMIUM SITE PAY CONTENT. IT IS AGAINST AUF RULES***

Roc is our #1 choice and while I think he will go to uat, Gus and staff have made it known to Roc that he is "the RB they want".

As other have pointed out, the coaches do not like being played and will drop a kid if they know he is a lost cause or is playing them (see a few from last years class before signing day). They must feel that Roc is at least listening to them at this time. While I would like for us to move on from Roc, this staff will remain on Roc until the end (or until they are pretty sure of his intentions).

They get paid to do this. They know that Roc is a game changer at RB and they are willing to take the risk (for now).

I'm with you wdeWDE, if the bammer depth chart doesn't bother Roc then signing this Williams won't be a threat to him. We can't afford to be held hostage by Roc and should build this class and recruit as if we know he isn't coming IMO. Then if he does, great. If not, adios amigos, we got this.

I agree and if people are concerned if Roc's feelings might get hurt and what that might do, there is a way he can prevent that. Roc can commit to AU. Moving forward after this year, I think we will be getting our fair share of 5* RBs from now on.

I still find it interesting that 23 has been pretty adamant about the likelihood Roc ends up at AU. I find it even more interesting given the recent swell of sentiment that he seems to be UAT-bound. I understand that Fournette is their #1 choice and that Roc would be @ UAT if they don't get Fournette, but I still think 23's optimism is odd.

I was a bit skeptical as to why we would not go after DW hard and let the ROC lottery play out however. Then I watched ROC's video... ok yea he's worth the wait. But DW is 6'1 200 and good speed and power. Can't we have both?? Im must admit, I like BIG BACKS and I can not lie!

E - how many running backs is the staff looking to sign this year. Thanks.

Not E, but I have seen him state that we are only looking to take one RB this year, but will take two if one of those guys is Roc. Not sure if this changes with DW coming into the picture. Pettway is a GREAT looking RB, and we were ready to call it quits once he committed, but you can't turn down a 5* back like Roc if he wants to play at AU. Probably the same feeling about DW. He looks very talented, and is a very balanced RB. Pettway is our bruiser, Roc or DW would be our all-around back. Personally, in the SEC, I don't think you can have TOO MUCH talent at RB. I hope we sign at least two of Pettway, Roc and DW. I would honestly be okay if we signed all three, but Gus hasn't called me to ask my opinion yet.

E - how many running backs is the staff looking to sign this year. Thanks.

2 but would be ok if we only get Pettway.

There is mutual interest between the coaches and DW. He understands that the coaches have recruited Roc for a while. I wonder if we would take DW as an athlete if Roc signs with us. That may be a stretch with Tuitt (sp?), but I could see it under certain circumstances.

There is mutual interest between the coaches and DW. He understands that the coaches have recruited Roc for a while. I wonder if we would take DW as an athlete if Roc signs with us. That may be a stretch with Tuitt (sp?), but I could see it under certain circumstances.

It's a possibility.

It's a possibility.

Yes it is and Dar-W would not be a Slot anyway. If not a RB I would think Safety?

Archived