AU Basketball travels to the Bahamas

RunInRed

The years of unprecedented attrition is due to Barbee either: 1)Mis-jusging his signee's playing abilities or 2) mis-judging his signee's character. Neither case is a good reflection on the coach.

3)....saw issues 1 and 2 but was desperate enough to take a chance that the players would..... improve enough to play SEC ball...and that living in a nice "closed" community like Auburn would help some of these guys get their lives on track.

Rolled the dice and lost in many cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to know when a player likes to light up when you only see them during recruiting visits...

An SEC head coach should have enough resources (spies) available to him that he gets a pretty good idea about the sort of kid he's recruiting. People love to talk, and they'll particularly talk to somebody who is willing to listen.

Hard to know when a player likes to light up when you only see them during recruiting visits...

An SEC head coach should have enough resources (spies) available to him that he gets a pretty good idea about the sort of kid he's recruiting. People love to talk, and they'll particularly talk to somebody who is willing to listen.

True but most of these guys play AAU correct? I am wondering if our recruiters are speaking to that coach. Seems that those coaches spend more time with the kids....

True but most of these guys play AAU correct? I am wondering if our recruiters are speaking to that coach. Seems that those coaches spend more time with the kids....

There is one AAU coach, Mark Komara, that our recruiters cannot talk to. We are on the same footing as every other school with the other 99 gazillion AAU coaches in the country.

Got to watch these guys play a few pick up games last Saturday in the arena and spoke with some of the coaches. I think this Bahama trip is one of the best things to happen w our program in awhile. The extra time in together will do wonders and we should see this team 'gelled' more so than in past seasons because of it. I'd be surprised if more programs do not start taking advantage of trips like this.

I think we just need 1 or 2 ballers to come on and leave a positive impact in order to really get the ball rolling for AU basketball. Need a spark.

The coaches left a big impact on us... really nice people who really love Auburn.

Archived