2013 Fall Camp - Practice 21 (Tues, Aug 20)

RunInRed

Sounds like Tuberville could be great

? NOT SURE IF SERIOUS.... He's on the scout team and apparently threw 3 ints to Ford

Sounds. Like. Tuberville. Could. Be. Great.

O. K. Then. Are you having a stroke? Lol

Could.

Could.

COULD be great.

You got it now?

You. Aren't. Making. Any. Sense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question.

With both T. Reed and M. Adams wearing #1, how are we going to be able to tell them apart on special teams?

Will they wear a special facemask?

Do i just need to look for the name on the back of the jersey which is hard to see from the upper deck?

Quick question.

With both T. Reed and M. Adams wearing #1, how are we going to be able to tell them apart on special teams?

Do i just need to look for the name on the back of the jersey which is hard to see from the upper deck?

Yeah. Gus will need to address that in short time. I heard MA is wanting Trovon to switch up some during games so he can get some PT on offense. Kinda like the ole twin switch-a-roo. :)

Quick question.

Maybe a special Orange face mask???

Quick question.

Maybe a special Orange face mask???

One jersey should be about twice as large as the other one. The big one is Adams.

In my decade + of posting here I haven't been one to unnecessarily worry or whine, but this run of D injuries/dismissals to key players and some important guys (e.g. Frost) taking 1 step forward, 2 back, makes the D appear cobbled and pasted together for at least September. So fwiw, I'm, er, really REALLY worried about our pre-October defense (i.e. before Lawson & co can get rid of the deer in headlights look).

Gusball needs to hang a bunch on each opponent in the first 3 or 4 and...this is the hard part...zero fumbles w/ Nick staying away from int.s.

(Remember my prediction that Carl's first notable play will have an antsy official using the new anti-Clowney tackle rule. :big: )

Not gonna go negative nancy until I see the product on the field on Aug 31; Garrett should be back then, Jones was not a starter so hopefully Kam steps up, Frost is still learning, the good news we have an experienced senior in front of him in Jake. Two highly regarded freshman will available not to mention Eguae, Owens, and Delaine to provide depth until Dee gets back......guess I am more optimistic than some.

Sounds like Tuberville could be great

? NOT SURE IF SERIOUS.... He's on the scout team and apparently threw 3 ints to Ford

Sounds. Like. Tuberville. Could. Be. Great.

O. K. Then. Are you having a stroke? Lol

Could.

Could.

COULD be great.

You got it now?

You. Aren't. Making. Any. Sense.

No1curr

Not gonna go negative nancy until I see the product on the field on Aug 31; Garrett should be back then, Jones was not a starter so hopefully Kam steps up, Frost is still learning, the good news we have an experienced senior in front of him in Jake. Two highly regarded freshman will available not to mention Eguae, Owens, and Delaine to provide depth until Dee gets back......guess I am more optimistic than some.

I agree. Injuries are just opportunities for others to step up. This will provide the depth to get meaningful reps in practice and snaps in games. I'm not all that worried about that. As for Frost, any time you have a brand new defense, some guys pick it up faster than others. The light will come on and he will be a good one.

Also, keep in mind how pathetic our D was the last 4 years. It won't take much at all to be better! I am cautiously optimistic about the D this year. I don't expect them to be great by any means, but I expect them to be better, (decent/mediocre would be a major improvement)

I agree. Injuries are just opportunities for others to step up. This will provide the depth to get meaningful reps in practice and snaps in games. I'm not all that worried about that. As for Frost, any time you have a brand new defense, some guys pick it up faster than others. The light will come on and he will be a good one.

Also, keep in mind how pathetic our D was the last 4 years. It won't take much at all to be better! I am cautiously optimistic about the D this year. I don't expect them to be great by any means, but I expect them to be better, (decent/mediocre would be a major improvement)

Both Gus and Angelo talked about the D-Line getting down and playing hard at the pad level. That is not what we saw last year. I think Garner will be happy against WSU. They don't run much so D-Line can come a little harder and use their speed on Outside with some penetration up the middle. Holland is healthy and playing well Mckinsey looks good we have Frost as solid backup with potential to be great. DB's need more depth thank you Mister Ford for stepping in but starters are all strong we just need some young guys to step up and add depth. We have at least 9 quality O-Line so we will wear other team out. I think we will surprise WSU with how well we play against them. I think they are an ideal first game for us. So If I am right and we hammer them lets not get to carried away as part of my optimism is based on how we match up with them.

Decent/mediocre D with an explosive O and we can win a few games, with an upset or two.

Decent/mediocre D with an explosive O and we can win a few games, with an upset or two.

Decent / mediocre D would be a massive improvement over last year's weekly contest to see who could suck the most.

Mediocre was be a massive upgrade. If we're 6th or 7th in the SEC in total defense... that would be the best defense we've seen in 5 years.

Actually, it can win championships (hello 2010!).

With the defense being largley the same group as last year (plus the freshman), I surely hope a step in the right direction comes. CEJ isnt exaclty convincing.

I will admit it. Frost has now become an enigma for me.

With the defense being largley the same group as last year (plus the freshman), I surely hope a step in the right direction comes. CEJ isnt exaclty convincing.

Do I think we will be better on D than last year? Absolutely. Do I think we will be the best we can be before our best injured defensive players are back at least to 90%? No.

Just glad our first two games are not against SEC level teams. Gives the new players a chance to grow. Currently, we are missing Dee Ford, Demetrius McNeil, potentially Justin Garrett, and Johnathan Jones. One of those down is enough. Imagine 2010 without Nick Fairley, Josh Bynes, and TSharvin Bell.

With that said, yes we will beat WASU. Our offense will overpower them. But do not expect the first game D to be the D for the year. It will not be pretty at times since our key leading tacklers will not be 100%, or not playing at all. The youngters need time to grow and learn, but they have the basic talent to excel before the year ends.

Archived