D.J. Fluker and 4 other SEC players took benefits with SABAN VIDEO NOW

jared52

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Five Southeastern Conference football stars violated NCAA rules by receiving extra benefits prior to completing their collegiate careers, a Yahoo Sports investigation has found. The benefits – which in some cases came from multiple individuals – were conveyed to University of Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, University of Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray, Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State University defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Mississippi State wideout Chad Bumphis.

Fluker, Bray and Cox are all currently on NFL rosters. Bumphis was recently released by the Miami Dolphins. Couch is a senior starter for the Volunteers this season.

The identities of these players were revealed in a web of financial and text message records belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive end Luther Davis. The records were turned over to Yahoo Sports by a source with ties to the NFL agent community who alleged that Davis was acting as an intermediary between several high-profile college football stars and multiple NFL agents and financial advisers.

Simms, Schaffer, Phillips and Rowan each confirmed giving money to Davis – but each said they had no knowledge of, and did not instruct Davis to provide benefits to players. Jernigan declined comment.Brahmbhatt declined comment through his attorney. Another agent who was listed on a travel itinerary in Davis' records, Isaac Conner, said Davis was a point of contact to reach multiple SEC players but denied any knowledge of Davis' financial dealings.

A defensive end for the Crimson Tide from 2007-10, Davis acted as a "concierge" between budding NFL draft picks, agents and financial advisers following his college career, five sources told Yahoo Sports. Davis signed with the Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2011, but has not been on an NFL roster since being released in training camp prior to that season.

All told, the records show agents and financial advisers moved at least $45,550 to Davis between September 2011 and December 2012. During that same timeframe, records also show at least $12,700 in cash, airfare, living expenses or other receipts moving from Davis to the five players. In addition to that amount, Yahoo Sports also obtained a line-item invoice of 49 transactions from February 2013 that Davis emailed to Fluker's onetime financial adviser Hodge Brahmbhatt. Within the email, Davis listed $33,755 in expenditures under the subject line "D.J. Fluker Invoice."

If proven by the NCAA, the transactions could violate Bylaw 12.3.1.2, which prohibits athletes from receiving benefits from agents or marketing representatives. Like the highly publicized NCAA case against the University of Southern California and Reggie Bush, a violation of that bylaw could retroactively nullify a portion of each player's eligibility, including Fluker, who was an All-American at offensive tackle during Alabama's 2012 national championship season. It could also raise additional issues for Tennessee and Mississippi State, which are both currently on probation until the summer of 2015 for previous rules violations in their respective football programs.

"Mississippi State constantly educates our student athletes about agent related issues," the school told Yahoo Sports in a statement. "We've also worked closely with the Mississippi Secretary of State's office in recent years to strengthen the Mississippi Uniform Agent Act. As always, we will do our due diligence to evaluate any potential concerns."

Tennessee officials declined comment. Alabama and NCAA officials were contacted Wednesday morning and had no immediate comment.

More here: http://sports.yahoo....-202513237.html Some pretty deep investigative reporting.

The Alabama Compliance Department has already completed their investigation and came to the conclusion that not only did Fluker not take money, there's consideration in The Vatican to consider him for Sainthood.

I'm sure the UA Compliance Dept will conduct an in-depth--which to them would mean about an hour--review and determine that nothing was done illegally and UA and Fluker are in the clear.

More about Fluker

http://sports.yahoo....-061758341.html

This itinerary receipt listed a same-day round trip flight Luther Davis purchased for D.J. Fluker slated to take place on Dec. 9, 2012. The flight's destination of Baltimore is approximately 40 miles from the offices of Jade Management and the home of Jade financial adviser Hodge Brahmbhatt.

Multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that Brahmbhatt briefly served as Fluker's financial adviser. On Dec. 12, 2012, Hodge's brother Nash Brahmbhatt – also a Jade employee – sent Davis a $3 million insurance quote from Lloyd's of London, and a message indicating an effort to get Fluker protected against injury.

On Dec. 26, 2012, text records show a phone number tied to Davis informing a phone number tied to Fluker that "Hodge" had deposited $5,000 into Davis' account for Fluker. On Jan. 7, 2013, Fluker and Alabamacaptured the BCS national championship in a 42-14 victory over Notre Dame

Any one remember when Fluker's Twitter account was "hacked" ...

Yea I took $ n college so wat. I did wat i had to do

Agents was tryin to pimp me so I pimped them. Cast da 1st stone.

BT6cveb_CEAIJu_XN.jpg

I wonder how long it will take ESPN to put out a hit piece on Auburn to distract from this stuff with Fluker. I found it to be more than just coincidence that ESPN put out that piece on the synthetic marijuana use at AU on the same day USA Today released that story about the NCAA president (damn, forgot his name), which included his time at LSU when there were charges of grade changes for football players---who just happened to be coached by none other than one Nick Saban.

I don't know if the bama, tennessee, and state programs will be able to weasle out of this one... the paper trail is pretty indefensible. Even more interesting that it was masterminded by a former bama player...

Strike one national championship... and they were on probation at the time.

The part that tickles me so much is how rabid their fans are about the fact that Auburn is doing this stuff. They are so sure of it. And then this story breaks....I hope that something comes of this.

Archived