D.J. Fluker and 4 other SEC players took benefits with SABAN VIDEO NOW

jared52

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am shocked at Yahoo investigating. The way they fall all over Alabama I started comparing them to ESPN.

I got so sick of their fans saying that same tired line "Auburn will have to give the NC trophy back once they find out about how $Cam was paid."

How funny this is....

DJ also played backup in some '11 games also. The money trail may go farther than you think. They will have to forfiet any games in which he played. Just like USC they will vacate the 2011 and the 2012 titles. Emmit can't help them this time. To much evidence. UA will try to get some of the other teams to threaten to pull out if the NCAA does there job, but they won't find any friends. I think this time bama will pay again and spend the next 12 years scraping up the bottom which is where they need to be.

DJ also played backup in some '11 games also. The money trail may go farther than you think. They will have to forfiet any games in which he played. Just like USC they will vacate the 2011 and the 2012 titles. Emmit can't help them this time. To much evidence. UA will try to get some of the other teams to threaten to pull out if the NCAA does there job, but they won't find any friends. I think this time bama will pay again and spend the next 12 years scraping up the bottom which is where they need to be.

If there were a "Like" button on here i would be wearing it out right about now.

Don't get too excited. This is about Agents and DJ Fluker. uat may or may not have to vacate the BCSNCG victory for playing a illegal player. I'm betting not. I want the REC to go down. This Fluker deal is nothing in comparison to what the REC provides the players. This yahoo story has nothing to do with the illegal activities going on in Turdsarelosers.

Didn't USC have to vacate the 2004 title for the same reason? Can the bammers withstand the amount of NCAA scrutiny that we did?

They won't have to. They'll get a slap on the wrist, vacate the BCSNC and carry on.

If they have to vacate the NC, they will still claim it.

They would add one to the total.... 1 for the 2012 and 1 for vacating the 2012

Bill Battle: We have been aware of some of the allegations in today's story ...

Bill Battle (2/4): " and our compliance department was looking into this situation ..."

Bill Battle (3/4): "... prior to being notified that this story was actually going to be published ..."

Bill Battle (4/4): "... Our review is ongoing."

@MarkSportsStar

Battle says, "We diligently educate our ardent-athletes on NCAA rules compliance, and will continue to do so."

@YahooForde

If nothing else, it will at least get the NCAA investigators on the UAT campus. Once there, who knows what they'll find. I can see this being the end of Emmert's tenure if he refuses to investigate. I've been waiting along time for this article to come out and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy.

I hope Charles Robinson and Luther Davis go into witness protection soon. The Rec is already meeting on how to handle disloyalty.

I highly doubt it. The turds will somehow get out of this I really hope not but they will.

They may or may not, but there will be a great deal of negative press out of this. It will be a cloud over their heads for this season.

If there were a "Like" button on here i would be wearing it out right about now.

if also 2011... then it covers a period while on probabtion

I can see alot of decommitments in the future for that "#1 recruiting class". SEC coaches will be relentless in recruiting UAT commits and Saban's head will explode when explaining the meaning of a verbal commitment.

I highly doubt it. The turds will somehow get out of this I really hope not but they will.

They may or may not, but there will be a great deal of negative press out of this. It will be a cloud over their heads for this season.

I agree with that!

The agents giving money to entice players to sign with them is one thing, but John Phillips is an alumni and HIM giving money is a BIG deal! I mean, that is worse than a run of the mill agent, isn't it? Phillips is a booster, I would bet.

Some bammers are already claiming UAT can't be punished if the school didn't know about the player taking cash and benefits. Dream on.....

I say send in the NCAA to do a 6 month investigation to prove they didn't know about this or any other payments from anywhere.

UAT can't handle a real investigation.

Another comment was made that this has targeted just the SEC schools. Is it targeting or just where the better players tend to be?

Some bammers are already claiming UAT can't be punished if the school didn't know about the player taking cash and benefits. Dream on.....

I say send in the NCAA to do a 6 month investigation to prove they didn't know about this or any other payments from anywhere.

UAT can't handle a real investigation.

Another comment was made that this has targeted just the SEC schools. Is it targeting or just where the better players tend to be?

Tell them to go and talk to USC Trojan fans after Reggie Bush was found out.

Archived