Jungle Jam/Midnight Madness

kickinwang

So according to a few not so subtle hints from Coach Barbee on twitter, actor/comedian Mike Epps will be the "host/MC" for the event. It'll be October 4th at 6pm.

Having Epps doesn't really do much for me, but I'm sure it won't hurt bringing in some people.

Now that we have 2 actual point guards and a little more height, I am getting ready to actually see what we look like. I think there may be some improvement this season. But then, I thought that before.

We looked better against the two teams from Bahamas (not sure about the quality of those teams) in addition we actually have some point guards and we seem to have a little team chemistry. I am hoping we are decent this year. Last year I had convinced myself we would be competitive. This year I want to think we might be good but I am afraid to.

I was one of Barbee's strongest supporters but I have slowly jopined the group that thinks this is a make or break year for him. Solid team and players stay he gets another year. Players continue leaving and team doesn't improve he is probably gone.

I would like to see team improve for a variety of reasons first and foremost I love Auburn and I allways want us to play well, second is to increase crowd size and hence help recruiting, and third to make me feel better about originally being in coaches corner.

• 1 month later...

Denson posted on twitter the other day that they've had some great practices and that he thinks they're "going places, don't believe me? Just watch." Wondering what places we'll be going to...

Guess we will just have to watch some of the games and see....I'm always optimistic before a season starts.....and I'm glad the players feel that way. It sure would be a shame if they were as defeatist as some folks posting on AU boards.

It was a glorified pep rally. Not a lot of newsworthy stuff gonna come out of it. Saw a few highlights, read a few quotes from Barkley. Nothing big.

Archived