Tide has answer to spoil Auburn's season

AuNuma1

B'ham News

Finally! Some actual football talk that's centered around actual facts instead of the tired "since Auburn's REALLY favored to win this, anything can happen and bammer could pull off the upset...remember 2001?" crap.

Here's something I didn't know. uat leads the SEC in time of possession with 33:26 per game. I think if they come anywhere near that, that would be huge for them. I mean, what's the best way to stop Auburn's offense? A: Don't let them on the field. Sounds simple, but easier said than done.

Which leads to the next key matchup in the fact that Auburn has only allowed one rushing TD in 10 games this season (to UK, but sure, we'll count it).

So how will uat keep Auburn's offense off the field when Auburn doesn't let teams run of them? Pennington says the big pass play is the answer for them. I can't wait to see it. He has YET to show he can throw it downfield and I don't think he's ever met Rosegreen or Rogers. Plus, no one really even knows if Pennington is going to be playing Saturday as his status has been hush-hush since postgame lswho...

Auburn will not win by 3 touchdowns like everyone thinks they will. I'll be as shocked as the next guy if we do but as bad as uat looks on paper right now, I have a feeling they're going to give us a game. I think their defense shows up big time for this game. There are several key matchups that are going to be fun to watch play out. I'm nervous about the game because Auburn has everything to lose but I also have no reason to believe that Auburn won't lay it all on the table as they've done the entire season.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I go to church with a couple of the players(Charlie Peprah, Brandon Brooks, Ramzee Robinson) and some of them, as well as one guy(former Bama Player) that attends the affluent church where I work has mentioned repeatedly that Spencer has cracked ribs. I noticed in the LSU game how he held his arm gingerly. Whether it is ribs or a shoulder or whatever it is all it is going to take is one shot to it to put him out of the game. :no:

Pennington did hit a 48 yarder against LS_Who, which led to a score and put Bamar up in the game. But even that didn't help them ultimately. And I hope and pray that we will HAMMER THEM!!!! :big:

I go to church with a couple of the players(Charlie Peprah, Brandon Brooks, Ramzee Robinson) and some of them, as well as one guy(former Bama Player) that attends the affluent church where I work has mentioned repeatedly that Spencer has cracked ribs. I noticed in the LSU game how he held his arm gingerly. Whether it is ribs or a shoulder or whatever it is all it is going to take is one shot to it to put him out of the game. :no:

123944[/snapback]

Somehow I got a gut feeling Pennington isn't hurt all that bad. He didn't go off against LSU looking like he was in a lot of pain and then came back in. You just don't do that with cracked ribs. ;)

Archived