Lane Kiffin Fired

BamaGrad03

Didn't take long after the ASU game....fired him on the plane...but LK was not Hayden's guy so it's no surprise.....and remind me...how did he ever get hired there anyway?

Didn't take long after the ASU game....fired him on the plane...but LK was not Hayden's guy so it's no surprise.....and remind me...how did he ever get hired there anyway?

Six others had already turned the job down.

I hate this. Another twenty (20) years with him as USC's coach would've been great. I wish that Mike Shula was still at UAT!

Six others had already turned the job down.

;D

Probably more if we knew the facts. Then again, the life of a big time coach with about 60 schollys is not going to be good. When will USCw be able to sign a full class again?

I find it interesting that everyone piles on Kiffin but no one is mentioning that he had to coach under sanctions and reduced scholarships. Pete Carrol left a mess and ran to the NFL and Kiffin took on the job of cleaning it up. It reminds me of what happened to Mike Shula.

I find it interesting that everyone piles on Kiffin but no one is mentioning that he had to coach under sanctions and reduced scholarships. Pete Carrol left a mess and ran to the NFL and Kiffin took on the job of cleaning it up. It reminds me of what happened to Mike Shula.

Yeah, he did come in with impending sanctions but this is his 4th season and the program seems to be going downhill faster. It was going to happen now or later.

Keyshawn Johnson mentioned Kirby Smart as a candidate. No way!! Pat Haden is not going to hire a coach with no major D1 head coaching experience. Herm Edwards seems to have emerged as the media's popular choice.

The same way Gene Chizik got hired at Auburn?

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see them take a coordinator. I do, however, think it will be an offensive minded coordinator. Someone like chad morris comes to mind. If it is a defensive guy, I wonder what john chavis thinks about coaching a traditional program like USC? I could also see them going after some of the coaches that beat them this year. As a matter of fact, we know Todd Graham at Arizona State has ZERO problem leaving a program high and dry...

sanctions or not, his team is looking awful and recruiting is taking a hit. USC is trying to avoid getting in a deeper hole than what it is in now.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see them take a coordinator. I do, however, think it will be an offensive minded coordinator. Someone like chad morris comes to mind. If it is a defensive guy, I wonder what john chavis thinks about coaching a traditional program like USC? I could also see them going after some of the coaches that beat them this year. As a matter of fact, we know Todd Graham at Arizona State has ZERO problem leaving a program high and dry...

Chavis seems to be content to be a coordinator. I seem to recall him stating something to that effect at one point.

Chavis seems to be content to be a coordinator. I seem to recall him stating something to that effect at one point.

Hmm good to know. Todd Graham still wouldn't surprise me though? Especially the way he left Pitt.

I think now that the worst of the sanctions has already happened, they'll be able to get a top flight established HC. I really hoped Kiffin could do JUST well enough that he'd stay hired and keep that sleeping giant dormant for a few more years.

Boo frickin hoo for Lane. Not only are Vol fans laughing, pretty much everybody else is too. I'm not sure I know anyone who actually likes that guy.

USCw has had their Fran, now they need to look for a mike price or mike Shula to cover the next 4 years.

But to complete the coaching sequence, I think Sabear will be too old to move out there then... 67 years old.

Archived