Toughest Remaining Schedule in Top 10?

Builder

Out of the top 5 undefeated and Auburn, Florida State has the cupcake sched. Auburn has the toughest sched followed by Oregon then Baylor. Alabama has the 2nd easiest schedule I think Ohio State is tougher then Bama's. Alabama played Va Tech and Texas A & M early and nothing since they get a struggling LSU before a red hot Auburn.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have the toughest remaining schedule out of any teams.

Ark-Tn-UGA-Bama

If UT plays us the way they played uAt, this will not add to the sos.

How UT plays against us has no effect whatsoever on our SOS.

you kidding yourself if you think we have the toughest schedule left. Ark 3-5 (will prob. lose the rest of their games), Tenn 4-4 (will lose 2 maybe 3 more), GA 4-3 (will lose 1 maybe 2 more), Alab. (prob. undefeated going into Iron Bowl, we need them to be if we beat them).

Bama will be the only ranked team, GA may be ranked inside 25 at end of season.

For us to have any shot we need Mizz to win out and Bama. Also need 2 of the undefeated teams to lose. Ohio St and FL St have cupcake schedules. I don't think we have any shot at BCSCG. Lets just enjoy each week and hope we keep getting better and Next year Preseason AU will be top 5 or 10

you kidding yourself if you think we have the toughest schedule left. Ark 3-5 (will prob. lose the rest of their games), Tenn 4-4 (will lose 2 maybe 3 more), GA 4-3 (will lose 1 maybe 2 more), Alab. (prob. undefeated going into Iron Bowl, we need them to be if we beat them).

Bama will be the only ranked team, GA may be ranked inside 25 at end of season.

This is correct. Baylor has the toughest schedule. They play 3 ranked teams plus an emerging Texas. Bama has a tougher schedule than us too since they have to play 2 top 12 BCS teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have the toughest remaining schedule out of any teams.

Ark-Tn-UGA-Bama

Yeah -- I wonder whether it wouldn't help us out significantly if they beat Mizzou this week.

Ark-Tn-UGA-Bama

Yeah -- I wonder whether it wouldn't help us out significantly if they beat Mizzou this week.

You're telljng me that if UT rolls over and continues to play like they didagainst uat it has nothingto do with our sos. If that's the case we should play all cupcake games and win by 40 or 50. The way they play their opponent absolutely affects the sos. If it didn't the SEC would notbeconsidered the strongest conference.

Ark-Tn-UGA-Bama

You're telljng me that if UT rolls over and continues to play like they didagainst uat it has nothingto do with our sos. If that's the case we should play all cupcake games and win by 40 or 50. The way they play their opponent absolutely affects the sos. If it didn't the SEC would notbeconsidered the strongest conference.

No, I was agreeing with you that UTk won't help our S0S if they continue to play that poorly. What I was wondering was whether it would help us in terms of SOS if they beat Mizzou. I know it would help us in the short term. But if Mizzou still manages to win the East, even with a UTk loss, I'm not sure it would help us. My question is whether we should be pulling for Mizzou the rest of the way, or whether we should pull for UTk against Mizzou and for USCe to win the East.

I am only thinking through which possibility improves our SOS the most.

I would not count out Lsu beating bammer. If this happens, things could get really interesting. Our best interest is for bammer being 11-0 when we end their streak. We still have to have Oregon & FSU to lose a game. If let's say, FSU loses a game with a 12-0 Oregon team still out there, we should be the team to play Oregon for the NC. This would make for an interesting scenario.

I would not count out Lsu beating bammer. If this happens, things could get really interesting. Our best interest is for bammer being 11-0 when we end their streak. We still have to have Oregon & FSU to lose a game. If let's say, FSU loses a game with a 12-0 Oregon team still out there, we should be the team to play Oregon for the NC. This would make for an interesting scenario.

You're forgetting about tOSU. There's almost no chance we would jump them if they remain undefeated (for 2 full seasons, no less). Of all fan bases, ours should be able to sympathize with them more than any. If there are 3 undefeated teams at the end of the season, they will be the ones left out.

Neither tOSU nor FSU have anyone on their schedule that should seriously challenge them, and Oregon has some challenges but will still be heavy favorites in their remaining games. But if the improbable happens and 2 of the 3 lose a game, and if AU wins out, including the SECCG, we will probably be the highest ranked 1-loss team. It's still conceivable, but I wouldn't bet next month's rent money on it.

It's all moot unless we win out. Just win, baby.

Ark-Tn-UGA-Bama

No, I was agreeing with you that UTk won't help our S0S if they continue to play that poorly. What I was wondering was whether it would help us in terms of SOS if they beat Mizzou. I know it would help us in the short term. But if Mizzou still manages to win the East, even with a UTk loss, I'm not sure it would help us. My question is whether we should be pulling for Mizzou the rest of the way, or whether we should pull for UTk against Mizzou and for USCe to win the East.

I am only thinking through which possibility improves our SOS the most.

Sorry 'bout that. Reading comp was never mystrong point.

this is where the seperation between pretty good and great comes in. and if we win those four then we have the sec championship game and then a bowl. WOW! talk about a murderers row...........

Ark-Tn-UGA-Bama

It's working for Florida State and Ohio State....

From an ESPN article:

In: The chances of Alabama, Oregon and Florida State finishing the regular season undefeated. According to ESPN researcher extraordinaire Chris Fallica, Alabama has a 66.2 percent chance to win its remaining regular-season games, followed by Florida State (63.2 percent) and Oregon (55.1 percent). And Fallica's number crunching shows that FSU (54.7 percent) actually has a better chance of entering the bowls undefeated than Bama (54.3 percent). Oregon is at 45.5 percent. The conference title game opponents are based on the highest teams in the standings.

Out: Ohio State's chances of finishing the regular season unbeaten. Of the top four teams in the BCS standings, the Buckeyes had the lowest probability of surviving the regular season without a loss (48.4 percent) and entering the bowl season without a loss (26.1 percent). Fallica also calculates that there's a 10.3 percent chance that all four teams are undefeated on Championship Saturday, Dec. 7.

http://espn.go.com/c...an-moment-truth

I thought that OSU was out of the running in playing for the NC. If they are eligible to play for the NC, things get much more difficult. IF we take out bammer and the rest of our SEC foes and win the conference championship, we will have given it our all. We will have to see where the chips fall as far as our chances to play in the NC. Next year is a whole different ball-game. Anyway, we play the hand we were given to our best, and let the other teams blink.

I thought that OSU was out of the running in playing for the NC. If they are eligible to play for the NC, things get much more difficult. IF we take out bammer and the rest of our SEC foes and win the conference championship, we will have given it our all. We will have to see where the chips fall as far as our chances to play in the NC. Next year is a whole different ball-game. Anyway, we play the hand we were given to our best, and let the other teams blink.

tOSU is eligible again this year.

From an ESPN article:

In: The chances of Alabama, Oregon and Florida State finishing the regular season undefeated. According to ESPN researcher extraordinaire Chris Fallica, Alabama has a 66.2 percent chance to win its remaining regular-season games, followed by Florida State (63.2 percent) and Oregon (55.1 percent). And Fallica's number crunching shows that FSU (54.7 percent) actually has a better chance of entering the bowls undefeated than Bama (54.3 percent). Oregon is at 45.5 percent. The conference title game opponents are based on the highest teams in the standings.

Out: Ohio State's chances of finishing the regular season unbeaten. Of the top four teams in the BCS standings, the Buckeyes had the lowest probability of surviving the regular season without a loss (48.4 percent) and entering the bowl season without a loss (26.1 percent). Fallica also calculates that there's a 10.3 percent chance that all four teams are undefeated on Championship Saturday, Dec. 7.

http://espn.go.com/c...an-moment-truth

That is surprising because the OSU schedule is garbage.

Archived