Toughest Remaining Schedule in Top 10?

Builder

That is surprising because the OSU schedule is garbage.

Michigan on the road is always tough plus tOSU likely has to play by far the best team they see all year in the Big Ten title game versus Mich. St. That game would not be a gimmie.

Michigan on the road is always tough plus tOSU likely has to play by far the best team they see all year in the Big Ten title game versus Mich. St. That game would not be a gimmie.

Wisconsin is better than Michigan State. And State hasn't even played Michigan and Nebraska so I don't think it's a shoein they make it to the title game.

Wisconsin is better than Michigan State. And State hasn't even played Michigan and Nebraska so I don't think it's a shoein they make it to the title game.

You're right. They are noy a shoein but giuven that MSU has by far the best D in the Big Ten I like their chances of getting there.

Here's an interesting comparison of teams' SOS to date versus remaining games:

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/10/29/5042440/the-real-world

Our schedule actually stays about dead even (27th to 23rd), while Bama's goes from 43rd to 28th. That sounds about right. Bama still has to play LSU and us, and don't sleep on MSU. Poor MSU has three losses, but all to top 20 teams. Unfortunately they play USCe & TAMU before getting Bama, so they may be pretty tired and beat up by then.

An Affineur I presume? :yes:

From an ESPN article:

In: The chances of Alabama, Oregon and Florida State finishing the regular season undefeated. According to ESPN researcher extraordinaire Chris Fallica, Alabama has a 66.2 percent chance to win its remaining regular-season games, followed by Florida State (63.2 percent) and Oregon (55.1 percent). And Fallica's number crunching shows that FSU (54.7 percent) actually has a better chance of entering the bowls undefeated than Bama (54.3 percent). Oregon is at 45.5 percent. The conference title game opponents are based on the highest teams in the standings.

Out: Ohio State's chances of finishing the regular season unbeaten. Of the top four teams in the BCS standings, the Buckeyes had the lowest probability of surviving the regular season without a loss (48.4 percent) and entering the bowl season without a loss (26.1 percent). Fallica also calculates that there's a 10.3 percent chance that all four teams are undefeated on Championship Saturday, Dec. 7.

http://espn.go.com/c...an-moment-truth

Another analysis:

• Chances there are still seven undefeated FBS teams on December 8 (after conference title games): 0.007% (or 1-in-14,000)
  • Chances Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Baylor and Ohio State are undefeated on December 8: 0.83% (or 1-in-121)
  • Chances that Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Baylor, Ohio State and Florida State all have at least one loss on December 8: 7.7% (or 1-in-13)
  • Chances that there are no undefeated teams in FBS on December 8: 2.4% (or 1-in-41)
  • Chances that Alabama is undefeated in regular season then loses SEC championship game: 12.5% (or 1-in-8)
  • Chances that Oregon is undefeated in regular season then loses PAC-12 championship game: 4.4% (or 1-in-23)
  • Estimated chances of a one-loss team in the BCS Championship Game: 38.9%

It's all based on a bunch of guesses and opinions.

Here's an interesting comparison of teams' SOS to date versus remaining games:

http://www.footballs.../the-real-world

Our schedule actually stays about dead even (27th to 23rd), while Bama's goes from 43rd to 28th. That sounds about right. Bama still has to play LSU and us, and don't sleep on MSU. Poor MSU has three losses, but all to top 20 teams. Unfortunately they play USCe & TAMU before getting Bama, so they may be pretty tired and beat up by then.

Good stuff thanks for sharing.

I would say there's a 0% chance all seven teams remain undefeated since Miami and Florida State play each other.

Fresno State is also undefeated.

I would say there's a 0% chance all seven teams remain undefeated since Miami and Florida State play each other.

:yes:

As is NIU.

Archived