Early Bowl Projections from ESPN

BigSammyK

I think we will play Oklahoma in the Cotton or less likely Wisconsin in the Capital One.

Ugh. I've seen enough of Wisconsin as well. I would love to see us play someone new!

This times 1,000. I cringe every time I hear "vs. Wisconsin in the Capitol One Bowl"

I have to think AU vs Clemson is not likely at all. With the importance money plays in these selections, they'd have to know that both fan bases would be a bit weary after playing each other 4 years in a row, which would hurt ticket sales. As much as I'd like to get some revenge, I like so many others am tee-totally burnt out on Clemson. Maybe in another 5 years or so.

Wrong, an Auburn/Clemson Sugar bowl would sell out in a heartbeat. Same with an Aub/Clemson CFA bowl.

If we got notre dame, ohio state, or Miami I would line up twice to see it!

Sorry, I still see Wisconsin or Oklahoma.

I've wanted a piece of Bob Stoops for, I dunno, maybe 9 years or so?

Oklahoma would be awesome. Also, Ohio State. I've wanted to play them since 2006.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want an undefeated Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl, since I believe it's going to be FSU/Oregon in the National Championship Game. I would LOVE to be Urban's only loss.

I'd like Auburn for a change to bowl against some overrated, national attention team we oddly have not played in a bowl before...like Notre Dame or Miami.

Oklahoma as an at large in the Sugar is your best hope of that happening. Miami will loss a couple more.

Neither the Cotton or the Capital One are BCS bowls. I strongly feel that if we win 9 or 10 games, we should get a BCS bowl game.

9 win Auburn will not get to a BCS Bowl. LSU, TAMU, or SCar would get it over us in that case.

I want an undefeated Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl, since I believe it's going to be FSU/Oregon in the National Championship Game. I would LOVE to be Urban's only loss.

Not possible to play an unbeaten tOSU in the Sugar. If they are undefeated they have an auto bid to the Rose Bowl as the Big !) champs if they are not 1 or 2 in the BCS. The only way we could be their only loss is if we get to play them in the BCSNCG. If we get them in the Sugar then they will have 1 loss already. I think the chances of getting tOSU at that point are remote also since the Orange Bowl has the first at large pick this year. I would be shocked if they did not pick a 1 loss tOSU in Miami.

Not possible to play an unbeaten tOSU in the Sugar. If they are undefeated they have an auto bid to the Rose Bowl as the Big !) champs if they are not 1 or 2 in the BCS. The only way we could be their only loss is if we get to play them in the BCSNCG. If we get them in the Sugar then they will have 1 loss already. I think the chances of getting tOSU at that point are remote also since the Orange Bowl has the first at large pick this year. I would be shocked if they did not pick a 1 loss tOSU in Miami.

Dang... some pundit had it on their early list and got me all excited.

Dang... some pundit had it on their early list and got me all excited.

Yea they don't fact check anymore since Twitter was released they just type and post.

Mr. Hairy Palm has updated us to the Chick Fil A bowl.

http://www.cbssports...owl-projections

With 1-4 playoffs. Still got us to Music City.

His quote, "South Carolina still projects as the only SEC team to have fewer than three losses and the choice to replace Alabama in the Sugar Bowl."

This guy is a joke...

With 1-4 playoffs. Still got us to Music City.

His quote, "South Carolina still projects as the only SEC team to have fewer than three losses and the choice to replace Alabama in the Sugar Bowl."

This guy is a joke...

I know... He's not smarter than 5th grader.

There's still a lot of season left, but I'm wondering why anybody would have UCF going to the Sugar Bowl when Louisville is still ranked higher than them in the BCS poll...

How great would it be for us to beat bammer....fsu to lose to fl....the ducks fall to stanford and some how meeeechigan upset tosu

Memo:

Florida is mediocre at best and will get destroyed by FSU.

Michigan has no chance against tOSU.

I'm pretty sure I'm aware of this...I'm only stating the teams left on their regular season schedule that could have any chance of beating them even if its slim....I would just love to see 5 or 6 1 loss teams and have complete chaos

I prefer to see FSU and Oregon in the championship. Although, I would love for AU to be there, if there were 5 to 6 one loss teams the very partisan polls will take UAT (regardless of our victory over them). If UAT has a second loss (i.e. LSU) I would be happy to jump in the battle of one loss teams.

There is zero factual basis for this. A one loss UAT would not be picked over a one loss AU SEC Champ.

I doubt any team would get in to the NC game coming off a loss.

Right. If we get sugar we get ACC FSU or Clemson. If we get Cotton, think Oklahoma. If capital one, Wisconsin. This all assumes win vs Tenn and Ga which won't be easy.

FSU would have to lose the ACC to play us in the Sugar. If they win it they automatically qualify for the Orange Bowl. We would get Clemson or another auto bid team like UCF/Fresno

There's still a lot of season left, but I'm wondering why anybody would have UCF going to the Sugar Bowl when Louisville is still ranked higher than them in the BCS poll...

If UCF wins the conference, it doesnt matter where they rank. They will automatically qualify for a BCS game. AAC still has an auto bid. And since they beat Louisville, they're looking good to win the conference.

That's just him saying how the bowls woulsd be right now if we were using the 2014 playoff model. It's interesting in next year's model in the BCS bowls it projects as

SEC 3

Big 12 3

ACC 2

Pac 12 2

Big Ten 1

Archived