possibly Sugar Bowl bound!

Altima

If AU takes care of UGA on Saturday, that pretty much secures us a spot in the Sugar Bowl! Win or lose against the turds, we will be 2nd in the SEC...

"If" we happen to lose to bammer:

Mizzu will probably add another loss to their record, from OMiss or TAMU... thus sending USCe to Atlanta. Either way, the representative from the East will have 2 or more losses.

Even if Mizzu were to win out and lose the SECCG, we would still probably be ranked higher in the final BCS poll... sending us to New Orleans as the 'at large'.

If we beat UGA and the turds, we'll be going to Atlanta. Should we win there, we will be the automatic bid from the SEC. Unfortunately, there is too much traffic in front of us (in the polls) for a birth in the BCSNC game.

Keep an eye on TAMU though... If they win out, that would put them at 10-2. With all the Johnny Football love, they could "possibly" jump the 2nd SEC team for the Sugar Bowl at large... I don't think it would happen, but it could.

Either way, the UGA game on Saturday is a HUGE game!

A - because it's the next game on our schedule.

B - because there's a lot riding on that game.

And I would LOVE to go into the bammer game with absolutely nothing to lose!!!

Regardless of if we win or lose to uat... if the SECe wins the Championship, they would go to the Sugar Bowl...

NOBODY from the East will come close to beating Alabama... just sayin.

Regardless of if we win or lose to uat... if the SECe wins the Championship, they would go to the Sugar Bowl...

Isn't that what they said last year too ?

Isn't that what they said last year too ?

No...? Nobody said that last year! UGA was a top 5 team... and it was hyped to be the game of the year (which it was).

We will be in the BCS title game. Accept nothing less!

Mizzou matches well against bama. Don't let the talking heads delude you

Mizzou is probably not going to be there... They will drop one either to Ole Miss or TAMU. USCe will represent the East. imo

We will play in the BCS championship and nothing less! Everyone one on this board should take an oath that we will be 11-1, 12-1, and 13-1. It is kind of like David and Goliath from the Bible with bammer playing the part of Goliath with us being David. One exception though.......David will have an AK-47 instead of a sling-shot!

The Sugar Bowl is not required to take any specific SEC team. They can select any SEC team they want, after the BCS Championship Game makes its selection. If Auburn wins out, including the SEC championship game, Auburn would most likely be the choice. If Auburn loses a game, for example to Bama, the Sugar bowl could select any of the remaining SEC teams.

If TA&M wins out, they might select TA&M just because Johnny Football would pull a higher viewership nationally, being his last college game and all. They could do that even if Auburn were the higher ranked team. Or, if Auburn lost the SEC championship game to a 2-loss Missouri team, they would likely take the 1-loss Bama.

Too many possible scenarios remaining. Auburn just needs to continue winning. The bowl selection process is something else.

We will play in the BCS championship and nothing less! Everyone one on this board should take an oath that we will be 11-1, 12-1, and 13-1. It is kind of like David and Goliath from the Bible with bammer playing the part of Goliath with us being David. One exception though.......David will have an AK-47 instead of a sling-shot!

only time will tell.

I hope for more, but after going 3-9 last year, the Sugar Bowl is plenty sweet.

I do think the Sugar would take our guys over Mizzou. The reason I say that.....the Sugar knows we travel well. They don't know how Mizzou would do.

Checklist for Mizzou...

#1 aggresive defensive line....check

#2 pass protection...... check

#3 rushing attack...... check

#4 deep threat......check

#5 fast pace......check

I think they can handle there own against bama. Worried they may slip against aTm in a crazy 100 point shoot out though.

Checklist for Mizzou...

#1 aggresive defensive line....check

#2 pass protection...... check

#3 rushing attack...... check

#4 deep threat......check

#5 fast pace......check

I think they can handle there own against bama. Worried they may slip against aTm in a crazy 100 point shoot out though.

Unfortunately, Mizzou would get CREAMED by bammer... As would every other team from the East. Mizzou has taken 'being fortunate' to the extreme this season. And to be perfectly honest, they're not all that great.

Their toughest games this year came when their opponents were desimated by injury... Had UGA and FLA been at full strength, the outcomes would've been different. Even against USCe, they got beat by Connor Shaw, on one leg! If he played the whole game it would've been a lot worse...

Sorry, I'm not a sunshine pumper, and I'm not stupid... Should Mizzou make it to Atlanta (which I dont think they will), they wouldn't stand a chance against the turds.

I wonder when Jerry Palm is going to change his music city prediction.

He now has us playing Michigan in the Gator Bowl as the #6 SEC team. He will have to change his predictions again after we beat UGA.

I wonder when Jerry Palm is going to change his music city prediction.

He now has us playing Michigan in the Gator Bowl as the #6 SEC team. He will have to change his predictions again after we beat UGA.

#6?!! Besides bama and Missouri, who else does he have ahead of us? SC? ATM? Who else?

Who is Jerry Palm? Never heard of him. Sounds like he needs to quit his day job......If his day job is predicting where SEC teams will play in bowl games at the end of this season!

Archived