Tre Mason Career Rushing

AUTUmike

Oh what could have been as far as all time yards with Dyer. 2 years and no bowl game in the 2nd and look where he got.

Tre Mason >= What Dyer could have been

Disagree as far as talent goes. Tre is talented and his character far exceeds that of Dyer(as far as what I know of both). However, Dyer was something special on the field. If Dyer was running behind this line we have now (without CAM), he would definitely be in the Heisman discussions. jmo

cam is the reason dyer got his yards in 2010. dyer is slower than trey and breaks far fewer tackles. he is heavier but don't run better. look where he is now. dyer was our rb in 2010 by default. he did well again in 2011 but not a game breaker. the comparisons to lattimore were always laughable. I wish him well but did not miss him.

That's what I was trying to say.Cam enabled Dyer to run the way he did just like Marshall enables Tre to run the way he does. I do believe that Tre runs harder or with more heart than Dyer ever did. Dyer hit the 1k yrd mark again in '11 just like Tre did in '12 behind lines that were not so great. Dyer has been out of the system for a couple of years now, I would expect everything to be off.

Regardless, I am stoked with our stable of backs. We are going to running the ball well for quite a while.

Anyone else notice that 4 out of the top 13 were coached by Gus?And he has only coached here for 3 3/4 seasons.

Part of the reason for that is that the older RBs on that list didn't play as many games as they do now. Brooks & Cribbs played in an era of 11-game regular seasons. No conf championship games plus, neither of them ever went to a bowl game either due to probation or from playing on teams with crappy W/L records. The 1980 team rivaled the 2012 team for sheer ineptitude.

Lets just say if Dyer was still on the team the carries would be split pretty close to 50-50 instead of like 85% for Mason and the rest to CAP and Grant.

The Tre-heavy split has only happened in the last two games. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it feels like he was getting closer to 50% of the carries iearlier in the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Mason passed Stacy Danley and Michael Dyer with his 164 yard performance against UAT on Saturday. He is now the 10th all-time leading rusher in school history and he is only 66 yards away from O-Mac.

Mason passed Stacy Danley and Michael Dyer with his 164 yard performance against UAT on Saturday. He is now the 10th all-time leading rusher in school history and he is only 66 yards away from O-Mac.

Please come back, Tre. Pretty please?!

Consider the fact that, if you were to continue on your 2013 pace for 2 more games this season and 13 games next season, you would be the 2nd all-time leading rusher at RBU. Add a 14th game in 2014 and you're 109 yards closer to number one.

Now, let's project the same at your average over the last 6 games, or the 2nd half of the 2013 season. That's 133.67 yards per game. That easily puts you at number 1. Ahead of Bo. Yes, Bo Jackson.

How does "most yards ever at RBU" sound? Just something to think about, buddy.

Archived