An Aggie Needs Help (please read)

hqsi99

After the Auburn/Tex A&M game I saw a lot of posts on here about how awesome the A&M fans were. I grew up in Texas as an Aggie fan, but moved to Alabama and became a lover of Auburn. I also have a son who suffers from some pretty serious health problems. My wife and I are fortunate enough to have good insurance and enough disposable income to cover what insurance cannot, but not all are so fortunate. We are also fortunate that while my son's health problems are serious, he is not in any immediate danger of dying.

All of that to say that I was quite touched by this story on an Aggie message board:

Aggies,

In 2001 a group of students pulled off one of the greatest fund raising efforts to help people in need that we Aggies have ever seen. One of those students at the time was Kourtney Rogers '03....she worked ardently to pull off RWB Out. Her efforts were rewarded with a trip to NYC to hand deliver a check to the relief funds setup for the Sept 11th tragedy.

Kourtney is now Kourtney Gruner '03 and her husband Gus is an Aggie as well. This wonderful Aggie family has been delivered dire news and they need our help.

Their 17 month old son Otto has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer that will not allow him to be here much longer. This news is terrible and devastating....

As we've seen in the past, Aggies rise to an occasion when things are dire.

I know the holidays are upon us, and times are rough for some....but I ask you....I BEG you....if you can offer up anything to help the family in this time of need, you can do so at the link I'm placing at the bottom of this post.

What good will money do you ask? Financial burdens of medical treatment are huge as we know, but if you knew you had limited time with your child on this earth you wouldn't want to have to worry about jobs, bills, etc that comes with day to day life.

If you have the ability to help, and that help can be put to more time the parents spend with Baby Otto, I ask that you participate.

I thank you for your time reading this, and ask that you pray for comfort, wellness, strength, and that the family can enjoy the time they have left with their child.

I donated what I could, and I hope others will do the same: https://www.giveforw...assistance-fund

Archived