Does Auburn officially "own" Alabama now?

cadillacattack

Does Auburn officially “own” Alabama now? I mean, what’s the definition I should use?

It’s a moderately impressive streak we’re on….. 3 straight wins over a hated rival, 4 out of the past 5, five straight on their home field, and a positive outlook for the foreseeable future…… I feel like we should be charging rent at Jordan-Hare West.

It’s a real biotch to know you’re going to get spanked by your rival, especially when you’re reminded of it year ‘round – is that the definition of owning an opponent? Or, maybe it’s when you force them to claim “moral victories” to feel worthy, is that the definition of “owning” your rival? Hey, I’ll bet we could start pimpin’ Bama out as a homecoming opponent…. now THAT would definitely constitute ownership, right?

Bammers are so predictable when you discuss this with them. When you begin to discuss the past 5 years and the subject of ownership, it’s like the cartoon when Mr. Peabody dials-in the Wayback Machine…. living in the past glory, grasping and flailing at memories gone by, as if The Bahr will suddenly resurrect the program that once was. :D Boy, they really hate that, too.

It was looking like FSU owned the Gators until last weekend, but that was only at Doak-Campbell. I like it better when we humiliate the Bammers at both venues – home and away. I’d like to beat them like a rented mule every time we play them, but that’s just me.

Personally, I wouldn’t categorize it as “owning” them yet….maybe after two or three more wins. Not to count chickens before they’re hatched, but if we assume the NCAA sanctions continue to leave Bama with a hangover, there’s a strong chance we will be favored next year at home too.

Four in a row might be “owning,” but I just don’t know….. maybe it should be 5 in a row….. or six. Six is good, but seven is my lucky number, and it’s not wise to mess with karma.

Does Auburn officially “own†Alabama now?  I mean, what’s the definition I should use?

It’s a moderately impressive streak we’re on….. 3 straight wins over a hated rival, 4 out of the past 5, five straight on their home field, and a positive outlook for the foreseeable future…… I feel like we should be charging rent at Jordan-Hare West.

It’s a real biotch to know you’re going to get spanked by your rival, especially when you’re reminded of it year ‘round – is that the definition of owning an opponent?  Or, maybe it’s when you force them to claim “moral victories†to feel worthy, is that the definition of “owning†your rival?  Hey, I’ll bet we could start pimpin’ Bama out as a homecoming opponent…. now THAT would definitely constitute ownership, right?

Bammers are so predictable when you discuss this with them.  When you begin to discuss the past 5 years and the subject of ownership, it’s like the cartoon when Mr. Peabody dials-in the Wayback Machine…. living in the past glory, grasping and flailing at memories gone by, as if The Bahr will suddenly resurrect the program that once was.  :D  Boy, they really hate that, too.

It was looking like FSU owned the Gators until last weekend, but that was only at Doak-Campbell. I like it better when we humiliate the Bammers at both venues – home and away.  I’d like to beat them like a rented mule every time we play them, but that’s just me.

Personally, I wouldn’t categorize it as “owning†them yet….maybe after two or three  more wins.  Not to count chickens before they’re hatched, but if we assume the NCAA sanctions continue to leave Bama with a hangover, there’s a strong chance we will be favored next year at home too. 

Four in a row might be “owning,†but I just don’t know….. maybe it should be 5 in a row….. or six.  Six is good, but seven is my lucky number, and it’s not wise to mess with karma.

125631[/snapback]

Ah yes, another Auburn post about Coach Bryant.

I would say that Auburn has Alabama's number right now. UAT has gone through some troubles, while Auburn has too. But in a different way. Next years game will tell the tale. If Auburn can continue it's winning ways with a new QB, new RBs, new DBs, and several other positions, then WAR DAMN EAGLE! I think Bama will be in the hunt next season. We will have to see.

Before Bryant became the coach at UA, Auburn had more victories than Alabama. During the Bryant years UA won significantly more games against AU. Since Bryant's departure as coach Auburn has won the most games. In other words, things are returning to the way they should be with Auburn owning the 21st Century Alabama.

2000 ... W

2001 ... L

2002 ... W

2003 ... W

2004 ... W

After Bryant's last win against AU, Alabamna had won 12 more games in the overall series than AU. After Saturday's game the overall record is now 30 to 38 ... an difference of 8.

Enjoy the 21st Century and let the history buffs re-write their history any way they care to.

War Eagle!

yeah if we were to level the all-time series in the next 15 years, that would be ownership. i'm kinda partial to the rent not own answer myself. only a moron would argue that auburn's got a nice 5 year lease on the tide right now, but we don't have a 10 year run or anything which is kinda the gold standard in this rivalry right? beat 'em next year and shula is feeling the heat, just as bill curry.

Does Auburn officially “own†Alabama now?  I mean, what’s the definition I should use?

It’s a real biotch to know you’re going to get spanked by your rival, especially when you’re reminded of it year ‘round – is that the definition of owning an opponent?  Or, maybe it’s when you force them to claim “moral victories†to feel worthy, is that the definition of “owning†your rival?   Hey, I’ll bet we could start pimpin’ Bama out as a homecoming opponent…. now THAT would definitely constitute ownership, right?

Bammers are so predictable when you discuss this with them.  When you begin to discuss the past 5 years and the subject of ownership, it’s like the cartoon when Mr. Peabody dials-in the Wayback Machine…. living in the past glory, grasping and flailing at memories gone by, as if The Bahr will suddenly resurrect the program that once was.   :D  Boy, they really hate that, too.

It was looking like FSU owned the Gators until last weekend, but that was only at Doak-Campbell. I like it better when we humiliate the Bammers at both venues – home and away.  I’d like to beat them like a rented mule every time we play them, but that’s just me.

Personally, I wouldn’t categorize it as “owning†them yet….maybe after two or three  more wins.  Not to count chickens before they’re hatched, but if we assume the NCAA sanctions continue to leave Bama with a hangover, there’s a strong chance we will be favored next year at home too. 

Four in a row might be “owning,†but I just don’t know….. maybe it should be 5 in a row….. or six.  Six is good, but seven is my lucky number, and it’s not wise to mess with karma.

125631[/snapback]

125636[/snapback]

One line in a 6 paragraph post doesn't make it a post about Bryant. Funny that his name was the only thing you noticed there, though. :poke:

I noticed it because of this......

Well...if I saw bama fans hurling oranges AT PEOPLE...i would call them idiots too instead of making the official Auburn excuse for them : "Auburn throws stuff too...so can we!"

Hmmmm....broken record maybe?

"Alabama plays rammer jammer...so we can too....but its wrong when they do it." - Carolina Tiger

"Alabama fans were arrogant for a long time...so we can be jerks about our season. But it was classless when they do it." - TitanTiger

"We threw oranges from the 60th row. Yeah they could have really hurt someone. But bama fans throw cups. Its only stupid and classless when they do it" - Almost everyone on this thread

"Alabama talked about Coach Bryant for a long time. They dont bring him up like they used to...but as long as we keep bringing him up and joking about how he's dead...it means they are still obsessed with him" - Auburn fans

Look at the time. BamaGrad makes a post at 8:04 saying that it's you guys that won't let him go, and two minutes later an Auburn fan makes a post that includes Bryant. Very sad.

Look at the time.  BamaGrad makes a post at 8:04 saying that it's you guys that won't let him go, and two minutes later an Auburn fan makes a post that includes Bryant.  Very sad.

125698[/snapback]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOkay. :rolleyes:

Does Auburn officially “own” Alabama now?  I mean, what’s the definition I should use?

It’s a real biotch to know you’re going to get spanked by your rival, especially when you’re reminded of it year ‘round – is that the definition of owning an opponent?  Or, maybe it’s when you force them to claim “moral victories” to feel worthy, is that the definition of “owning” your rival?  Hey, I’ll bet we could start pimpin’ Bama out as a homecoming opponent…. now THAT would definitely constitute ownership, right?

Bammers are so predictable when you discuss this with them.  When you begin to discuss the past 5 years and the subject of ownership, it’s like the cartoon when Mr. Peabody dials-in the Wayback Machine…. living in the past glory, grasping and flailing at memories gone by, as if The Bahr will suddenly resurrect the program that once was.  :D  Boy, they really hate that, too.

Personally, I wouldn’t categorize it as “owning” them yet….maybe after two or three  more wins.  Not to count chickens before they’re hatched, but if we assume the NCAA sanctions continue to leave Bama with a hangover, there’s a strong chance we will be favored next year at home too. 

Four in a row might be “owning,” but I just don’t know….. maybe it should be 5 in a row….. or six.  Six is good, but seven is my lucky number, and it’s not wise to mess with karma.

125631[/snapback]

125636[/snapback]

Bear Bryant Bear Bryant Bear Bryant Bear Bryant

Uh oh! Yet another post about Coach Bryant!

#1 former uat coach that had the ugly-stupid hat is dead.(For those that still do not know this fact) :big:

#2 I don't know if we "own" them just yet, BUT, we definately OWN that smaller stadium at the smaller school in west al. :D

#3 Who cares about uat? WE have bigger fish to fry. WE have beaten uat for the third year in a row. (4 out 0f the last five)...Let's concentrate on beating UT for the third time in two years. :D

Before Bryant became the coach at UA, Auburn had more victories than Alabama.  During the Bryant years UA won significantly more games against AU.  Since Bryant's departure as coach Auburn has won the most games.  In other words, things are returning to the way they should be with Auburn owning the 21st Century Alabama.

2000 ... W

2001 ... L

2002 ... W

2003 ... W

2004 ... W

After Bryant's last win against AU, Alabamna had won 12 more games in the overall series than AU.  After Saturday's game the overall record is now 30 to 38 ... an difference of 8.

Enjoy the 21st Century and let the history buffs re-write their history any way they care to.

War Eagle!

125690[/snapback]

According to this site Stassen Football Data the current record is Alabama leading the series 37-25-1.

From 1892 thru 1957 It was Alabama 8-7-1

From 1958 thru 1982 it was Alabama 19-6-0

1983 thru the present it is Auburn 11-10

So yeah, yall do lead the series now for the first time ever over the last 22 years. ;):poke:

Enjoy it while you can. We will be back.

Yawn....We have been hearin' that from uaters for many years now. Please, try to come up with somethin' NEW ! ! ! :moon::big:

BamaBo's arithmetic needs help:

1892-1957 Auburn 12 Alabama 9 and 1 tie

1958-1982 Auburn 6 Alabama 19

1983-2004 Auburn 12 Alabama 10

Total Auburn 30 Alabama 38 1 Tie

1892-1957  Auburn 12    Alabama  9    and 1 tie

1958-1982  Auburn  6    Alabama 19

1983-2004  Auburn  12    Alabama  10

Total          Auburn  30    Alabama  38    1 Tie

125817[/snapback]

MATH? @ uat? Please, think before you post. :big:

One at a time!!! Beat the :ut: !!!!

WAR EAGLE!!! WHOO HOO!!! :homer:

I don't believe that the term "own somebody" is going to apply in this league anymore. Nobody could make a "run" every year like Bryant did during the 70's and 80's given the parity that exists now, not even Bryant.

As for Auburn's series with Alabama, it will remain close with the pendalum swinging each way every four or five years. Auburn is now on equal footing with them and they damn well know it. They fear it. Auburn will never be anybody's "Kicking boy" again and we know that! It's taken far too many years to get those stubborn teams (Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, etc.) to consent to play our home games at OUR PLACE, but since they have consented, a new found respect and a h ealthy fear has developed, along with Auburn pride. When I think back, it's Damn Ridiculous for anyone to be able to dictate to another school where they play their home games as Bammer did to us for so many years. That's what I thank Pat Dye for! It's made a difference and will continue to make a difference......

Finally, yes, I think Auburn will dominate Bammer for another year or so and then things will begin to even out again and it will be competetive again. They won't stay down long and they have such a following in this state that they will not want for talent. IF Shula survives, I predict h e will be an outstanding coach. He will or he will find himself gone. By that I don't mean he will have to win 10 games each year, but he will have to beat Auburn again soon as well as 3/4 of the other teams they play. There is a built-in destruction factor for in-state college coaches. They each HAVE to beat the other school most of the time or their jobs are gone. Both coaches at AU and UA can't possibly do that. There, I think I've answered a question I had even t hough it was vague.

Oh well, War Damn Eagle!

I voted rent to own - it ain't permanent but it sure is fun to act like it is!!! :big:

After all, what are we supposed to do, be completely gracious winners? Like that would make some bammer :homer: sit back and think, "Hmm - we won this year, but golly gee, the Auburn fans have been such gracious winners these last fifty years, maybe I will just forgo the typical taunting and rubbing it in for the next 364 days..."

PUH-LEEZE. :rolleyes:

Thanks Jenny, For pointing out the FACTS. Those uaters could NEVER-EVER be accused of havin' CLASS ! ! ! ! :D:P

We lack six more wins in a row before we own them. At least that is the standard they set. Have one 9 year win streak and you are officially someone's daddy.

1892-1957  Auburn 12     Alabama   9    and 1 tie

1958-1982  Auburn   6     Alabama 19

1983-2004  Auburn  12    Alabama  10

Total           Auburn  30    Alabama  38    1 Tie

125817[/snapback]

Don't jump on BamaBo. He's using that new math they teach down at UAT. And he ran out of fingers and toes after 20, so he had to use his bammer trained brain.

(just kidding to all of our resident bammers. just couldn't pass up the opportunity)

And incidentally, I voted for the last one.....rent. We don't own them now and probably never will. I see it pretty even from here on out.

Don't jump on BamaBo.  He's using that new math they teach down at UAT.  And he ran out of fingers and toes after 20, so he had to use his bammer trained brain.

125918[/snapback]

Actually, I can count to 21 without any problems as long as I stick my hands in my pockets. :blink::P:big:

Don't jump on BamaBo.  He's using that new math they teach down at UAT.  And he ran out of fingers and toes after 20, so he had to use his bammer trained brain.

125918[/snapback]

Actually, I can count to 21 without any problems as long as I stick my hands in my pockets. :blink::P:big:

125952[/snapback]

:P:P:P I guess you're right. Good one!!!

Archived