Bama Message Board reactions to Iron Bowl

jmcrosson

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the second time I have looked at one of their forums. It is amazing that most of their comments are one liners. They sure do turn on their own very quick....Saban, McCarron, their kickers........

I know there's no shortage of pompous arrogant Bama fans. But, after this loss, I think they've been far more humble and accepting of defeat than in past Iron Bowls. I've gotten more friendly texts from Bama fans than ever, 'good game,' and 'yall deserved it,' and, 'go win it for the SEC.' I even got one War Eagle.

Not unlike some in here. Some just like to eat their own.

I have seen more of this over the past two weeks than the past two years. At one point, I thought I was on AL.com. That was scary. What's worse is I caught myself getting caught up in some of the drama and turning on some in this forum. I apologize to AU Cav and look forward to the next game. This season has been more of a success than I could have imagined. War Eagle and eat MO Tigers.

I know there's no shortage of pompous arrogant Bama fans. But, after this loss, I think they've been far more humble and accepting of defeat than in past Iron Bowls. I've gotten more friendly texts from Bama fans than ever, 'good game,' and 'yall deserved it,' and, 'go win it for the SEC.' I even got one War Eagle.

Same here. I haven't gotten a War Eagle, but most bama fans have been saying good job and we deserved it. There are still some of them that are saying that they beat themselves. I just say "bama never loses, they always beat themselves" then ask them if they saw any of the mistakes AUburn made too. That usually shuts them up. WAR EAGLE!!!

I had one tell me last night, he hoped Auburn played for the National Championship

I had one tell me last night, he hoped Auburn played for the National Championship

Yeah, my father-in-law called me last night and wished us luck and actually said "War Eagle and that he thought that was one of the greatest Iron Bowls he has ever seen and that he has seen them all since '72" He also said that he thought Saban might really be headed to UT. I just agreed said War Eagle and hung up. He is by far the biggest bama FAN that I know. He is not one of the obnoxious ones. Here's to hoping the bandwagon fans fall off the wagon and quit following CFB. War Eagle!!!

Fun read. I must go take a shower now.......

I've had nothing but good wishes/texts from my UA friends. A couple are pulling for us to win the SEC & go on to the NC game and keep the BCS crystal in the state.

Funny thing is that the words r*** t*** usually crawl up my back like nails on a chalkboard, but between yesterday and today they sound like music to my ears. I think it's the pain in their voices when they're saying it now. War Eagle!!!

Ok. Reading through that was a hilarious recap of the game.

I am still amazed that we lost the turnover battle and won.

It depends on if you count missed field goals and failed 4th down conversions as turnovers. If you do, we didn't just win the turnover margin, we ran away with it.

The last play of the game was a turnover, I don't care what anyone says!

This was a game for the ages.

A lot more civility from their side, and there should be.

The Bama alums I know have been civil and respectful of our rivalry.

Now, we all can all go back to being "US" again. War Eagle

My favorite line in there:

"Now I have to listen to all the barners at work tonight. A couple of them are my managers. "

Bammers working for Tigers, imagine that <<<<<sarcasm

My sister's a bama fan, cousin as well. He's the biggest I know. Said verbatim "No words for that. Auburn is the most destined team I've ever seen. Congrats on the greatest Iron Bowl win of all time!"

Something's different about this one. Can't put my finger on it. Just a lot less hatred and a lot more "you guys won it, now take the rest" feel to me.

Page 46 - "Now I have to listen to all the barners at work tonight. A couple of them are my managers."

Well, of course they are.....

Archived