Bama Message Board reactions to Iron Bowl

jmcrosson

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Ryan Smith run into the kicker when the punter dropped the snap?

Yes but he touched the ball first so it was legal. He actually touched the ball before the kicker's foot. I have never seen that in my life and still have the kick get off.

Yes but he touched the ball first so it was legal. He actually touched the ball before the kicker's foot. I have never seen that in my life and still have the kick get off.

Okay thanks for the clarification!

I know there's no shortage of pompous arrogant Bama fans. But, after this loss, I think they've been far more humble and accepting of defeat than in past Iron Bowls. I've gotten more friendly texts from Bama fans than ever, 'good game,' and 'yall deserved it,' and, 'go win it for the SEC.' I even got one War Eagle.

Except for the hundreds who believe Davis stepped out of bounds and are petitioning the SEC to compel Auburn and the bad guys play an OT this week to see who represents the SEC West.

Funny thing is that the words r*** t*** usually crawl up my back like nails on a chalkboard, but between yesterday and today they sound like music to my ears. I think it's the pain in their voices when they're saying it now. War Eagle!!!

I cant say r*** t*** I have too many teeth!!! :hellyeah:

It was really funny when Vern said after the game that on the field goal try, Alabama did not have any athletes on the field - just fat linemen!

Reading through that thread, I was surprised at how few fans were on (is there another, bigger bama board?), and how little they know about football. They, just like us, have fans who were calling "ball game" when they missed a FG (with the score tied). Just like us, they hate the CBS crew and the number of commercials. But surprisingly, there were some very rational fans, including one who admitted Gus outcoached Nick (and only one guy tried to argue with him), and another who admitted Auburn wanted it more.

Don't know if you've heard this one or not, but please excuse if you have. A caller on Nashville sports radio, obviously a bammer, asked if the Auburn player (think it was Mincy) that took his helmet off should have been penalizied and given them a re-kick!! The anchors laughed him off the air, and said they were really getting desperate. The kid really thought he had something because of the Terrance Cody incident a few years ago, and asked what the chances were for a replay. SMH!!!

Don't know if you've heard this one or not, but please excuse if you have. A caller on Nashville sports radio, obviously a bammer, asked if the Auburn player (think it was Mincy) that took his helmet off should have been penalizied and given them a re-kick!! The anchors laughed him off the air, and said they were really getting desperate. The kid really thought he had something because of the Terrance Cody incident a few years ago, and asked what the chances were for a replay. SMH!!!

WOW. Some of them are getting desperate. Just like the guy who started the petition. Their lives must be pretty bad off if they are that worried about a football game. :) WAR EAGLE!

once the ball dropped to the ground, the kicker was fair game. Even if he had not touched the ball, there would have been no penalty.

This one cracked me up:

"The moment I started worrying about whether we were prepared enough to win the game was when I saw Auburn's sideline sewing machine. Now THAT is being prepared. It was at that moment that I sensed "these guys aim to win". When you bring a sewing machine to the sideline THAT is serious."

At least this one sees it:

"I no longer like the iron bowl. And no, it didn't just start because we failed to beat them tonight. It just pains me that we never beat auburn when they are a 9 win or better team. After YEARS of wanting to get the iron bowl away from Legion Field and into Bryant-Denny Stadium (in years that we host the game), it finally happens. But, when does it happen? In 2000 when we are bad. Then, we had to deal with that whole "hundred years to score on auburn in Tuscaloosa" mess. Not only did it take several games before we finally scored on them at home (our REAL home), it took even more games to finally defeat them at home. Then, when we do beat them at home, it is in years when auburn is SO bad, it is a wonder they can even put a team on the field. The best auburn team we have beaten in the last 20 or so years was probably 1994. They went 9-1-1. Since then, every barn team we have beaten has been either sub .500, or close to it. We have no problem thumping the bad auburn teams. But, boy, let them put together a half way decent team, and we are just unable to get the job done."

I saw more class from bammers this year than ever before. Of course there is still that Updyke fan base that is the scum of the earth. They never change.

Archived