Stephen A. And Skipp giving to Danny Kannell

tigerwings

Kannell is clueless. Clemson has better athletes than AU, HA! Clemson O is tougher to defend than AU's?? Do what??

I watched that yesterday and almost went through the TV to get to Kanell. Why in Hades would BSPN put an admitted FSU homer (as he said at the end, "once a Nole, always a Nole) to OBJECTIVELY analyze the game is beyond me. Let's see. we got Heath Evans, Takeo Spikes, who else....? I'm sure they'd be glad to offer their input!!

I wrote of Kannell's comments almost immediately. He has Nole goggles on. I was more amazed by Skipp and Stephen A. laying out fact after fact and how passionate they were with us being an amazing team.

I wrote of Kannell's comments almost immediately. He has Nole goggles on. I was more amazed by Skipp and Stephen A. laying out fact after fact and how passionate they were with us being an amazing team.

I was EXTREMELY surprised with SAS and Bayless. I agree with them about as much as I do our current President.

Yeah Skip jumped on our bandwagon about a week or so after the TAMU game even though he tried to claim a horsecollar on that second to last tackle by Frost on Johnny Football, saying Manziel was robbed of a chance to beat us by that not being called.

It's going to be 4 weeks of fsu has more talent, our offense is one dimensional, and our defense is suspect. No use in being thin skinned about it - we've been debating many of the same concerns amongst ourselves, and hearing exactly the same issues for 2 months from exactly the same "experts".

It's worked out pretty well so far.

It's going to be 4 weeks of fsu has more talent, our offense is one dimensional, and our defense is suspect. No use in being thin skinned about it - we've been debating many of the same concerns amongst ourselves, and hearing exactly the same issues for 2 months from exactly the same "experts".

Well said. That suspect defense and one dimensional offense have served us well so far. As they stated, Auburn doesn't disguise what they're gonna do: We will show up, we WILL run the ball. We just dare you to stop us.

I agree with you guys, let all the "experts" keep saying how Auburn has no chance, has inferior athletes, can't throw, is lucky to be here . . . blah, blah, blah. And let's see what happens when we get the game on the field. I'll take our schedule and our endurance and resiliency over the course of this season over FSU all day long. FSU is a good team, but they haven't played anyone like us yet.

AU knows what it is like to be punched in the mouth and keep comin'. We know what it is like to go to the wire, to the last second, FSU doesn't.

I can't wait! WDE!!!

I love hearing the nay-sayers condescending analyses of Auburn. Its like manna for the soul as an Auburn fan. Whether its the game day crew all picking against us most every week or Herbstreit emphatically stating that Ohio State is just a better team than Auburn and thus deserves to go to BCS CS, or people like Robert Smith saying Auburn doesn't compare to the better teams in the country because they're too one dimensional. It just feeds the fire in the heart of the Auburn team. Listen to Will Herring's call prior to the IB again. That's what will carry this Auburn team

I love hearing the nay-sayers condescending analyses of Auburn. Its like manna for the soul as an Auburn fan. Whether its the game day crew all picking against us most every week or Herbstreit emphatically stating that Ohio State is just a better team than Auburn and thus deserves to go to BCS CS, or people like Robert Smith saying Auburn doesn't compare to the better teams in the country because they're too one dimensional. It just feeds the fire in the heart of the Auburn team. Listen to Will Herring's call prior to the IB again. That's what will carry this Auburn team

Exactly!!

Football traditionalists have a very hard time accepting AU offensive style. The traditionalists, Holtz, Palmer, Stallings and Nutt all said that Auburn had to be more balanced to beat good teams. After the Bama game Danielson changed his mind, after SECCG Palmer and Nutt changed their minds. Holtz is now saying the Auburn O-line is virtually unstoppable but still not giving full credit to the offensive scheme. I truly believe Gus's Offense won't be fully accepted by the football elite until we beat FSU and have success with it again next year. Frankly I don't care if they accept it or not it's fun to watch and it puts wins on the board.

We should get used to these type things from the media. There's a FSU love fest going on right now. The strength of schedule doesn't seem to effect their argument - or at least most of them. I just read one somewhere else about how we allow so many yards and FSU doesn't; How we average less points than FSU, etc. Don't worry about the fact that we beat 5 teams playing in bowls on New Years eve or after. It doesn't matter - I'm sure Duke has comparable linemen opn both sides of the ball.

One more thing (Then rant over, sorry). The Bama and Missouri games are all of a sudden is being dismissed. Our so called one dimensional running game racked up around 800 yards against the top two defenses in a league of great defenses. "FSU has great playmakers". Fine. We don't? Sheesh. And in both games we threw TD passes. Not bad for one dimensional.

We should get used to these type things from the media. There's a FSU love fest going on right now. The strength of schedule doesn't seem to effect their argument - or at least most of them. I just read one somewhere else about how we allow so many yards and FSU doesn't; How we average less points than FSU, etc. Don't worry about the fact that we beat 5 teams playing in bowls on New Years eve or after. It doesn't matter - I'm sure Duke has comparable linemen opn both sides of the ball.

One more thing (Then rant over, sorry). The Bama and Missouri games are all of a sudden is being dismissed. Our so called one dimensional running game racked up around 800 yards against the top two defenses in a league of great defenses. "FSU has great playmakers". Fine. We don't? Sheesh. And in both games we threw TD passes. Not bad for one dimensional.

Georgia defense was going to shut us down. No

Alabama's exalted run defense was going to shut us down. No

Missouri's vaunted run defense was going to shut us down. Didn't happen

Now hear that FSU's defense has the best athletes we'll face. I thought we already did that with Bama & Missouri? Keep beating that drum media-types

Don't forget Kannell also called us cocky before the SEC Champ game. He said our coaches and players wereoverlooking Mizzou and were more interested in lobbying for a title shot. Just take what he says with a

grain of salt.

To me, would I love to have shown more of a lock-down defense? Sure. Would I love to have seen more dependability in passing if we got behind or, if for nothing else, for insurance - if somehow our run-attack is shut down? That'd be great.

We ain't perfect and we are what we are. I can understand why we're underestimated. But I know we have superior coaching, big game prep, momentum, and an attack that's impossible to simulate and prepare for. I wouldn't bet my house on this game, but I like our chances. We're pretty darn scary.

I watched that yesterday and almost went through the TV to get to Kanell. Why in Hades would BSPN put an admitted FSU homer (as he said at the end, "once a Nole, always a Nole) to OBJECTIVELY analyze the game is beyond me. Let's see. we got Heath Evans, Takeo Spikes, who else....? I'm sure they'd be glad to offer their input!!

Got a funny image when I read this of Takeo coming across the table and flattening Danny Kanell (kinda like Terry Tate office linebacker) and then standing over him questioning who was weak

Well said. That suspect defense and one dimensional offense have served us well so far. As they stated, Auburn doesn't disguise what they're gonna do: We will show up, we WILL run the ball. We just dare you to stop us.

N

No team can stop our offense, many have tried but all have failed. We beat ourself against LSU but by the 4th quarter they were ready to quit. War Eagle

I actually agree with the line. It doesn't really have anything to do with whose going to win the game. It is about how the public is going to bet on the game, and everyone thinks Florida St. is going to take us apart. But to say Clemson's offense is tougher to defend than Auburn's????? are you serious. Danny Kannell should have his tongue cut out.

Archived