Frustrating

dans4au

Ticketmaster sold a limited (no idea how many) number of BCS Championship tickets this morning at face value. They went on sale at 1000 Central. I had five people plus myself calling and I was also trying to buy online. Got thru about 1005 and was told they sold out within 30 seconds. WTF? That is complete BS. No one else even got through. I'm sure all the tickets were sold to ticket broker who will jack the prices up. I guess I'll keep looking, but I just can't see paying over 1K for a $325 tickets. War Eagle anyway.

The free enterprise system is a great thing

I don't mind the free enterprise system, but I've bought things from Ticketmaster before and nothing happens in 30 seconds. They must have only had 2 pair for sale....lol

Prices are down 35% from last year. I think the cost of Pasadena is keeping people away or people in Cali are just buying them. This will be a good $5000k trip with tickets included and a moderate hotel stay

It's called Spinner bot software...the damn brokers all use it. It's their way of making a living, and it sucks.

I knew there had to be something like that being used. Those tickets should only be available on the phone to keep the sharks for getting them all. I know Ticketmaster doesn't care. Truth be told, people working at Ticketmaster probably own the Ticket retailers that jack up the prices. Another example of the man trying to keep me down...lol

We paid $1450/ticket in 2010. Ended up being a good deal as the broker we got them from offer is $2900/ticket if we sold them back to him. (We didn't). But the demand goes up quick.

These ticket prices are RIDICULOUS!! I wish EVERY state had scalping laws and this kind of CRAP wouldn't happen. The freaking tickets are $325 to $385 and the scalpers out there with the insane prices all but keeps the regular guy from even thinking about going. This just sucks! Venting done now...

These ticket prices are RIDICULOUS!! I wish EVERY state had scalping laws and this kind of CRAP wouldn't happen. The freaking tickets are $325 to $385 and the scalpers out there with the insane prices all but keeps the regular guy from even thinking about going. This just sucks! Venting done now...

Couldn't agree more AUZoom

Yeah I have even tried on Craigslist but they turned out to both be scams. Just not sure why they just don't sell tickets to the public. I have used Stubhub in the past but no way I'm paying over $100 in service fees on top of an overpriced ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

With the size of the stadium and the fact that two southern teams are playing in the game, my guess is that they will be selling for face value outside the stadium. There are literally thousands on the ticket websites and they do not seem to be selling a whole lot at those ridiculous prices.

Archived