Don't you love the Huntsville Times?

MrMoJo

This isn't on al.com but was in the Huntsville Times sports page today by Sports Editor John Pruett. A couple of days ago he wrote about Auburn winning the SEC and being "content in the knowledge that Auburn did all it could do", and go to the Sugar Bowl.

Today, he included an email from Scott Graham of Helena that said," I liked your article about AU should be content in being 12-0 and going to the Sugar Bowl. That's the reason I like AU fans-second place is good enough. Thank you for reminding them." Only a weasel uses someone else's email to express their own opinion.

This is the same paper that has the AP voter who is a Bama beat writer that is voting Oklahoma #1. Besides the whole sports department giving us the finger, they are laughing in our face the same time. I'm afraid by the time this is over, we are going to be the laughing stock of the SEC.

First of all, Mr. MoJo, take it easy or else I'll sic Mrs. MoJo on you. Remember you're supposed to have less stress.

:) = Good for Mr. MoJo

:angry: = Bad for Mr. MoJo

Secondly, who gives a crap what these Bama :homer: s think of us anyway? If we get left out, we get left out. Sure it will suck, but what we need to do is win our games and let the chips fall where they may. If we end up 13-0, I really don't give a rat's azz about what ANYONE else thinks.

I'm afraid by the time this is over, we are going to be the laughing stock of the SEC.

126430[/snapback]

By starting the season 11-0? YEah, definately the laughing stock of the SEC :blink::rolleyes:

SCWarEagle,

Thanks for reminding me.....I really am back to my old ways. An old grumpy sumbitch. Think I'll do something exciting like take a shower or eat a carrot. Gawd, it's hard to do a complete 360....but i'll promise I'll be a good boy on thisw board in the future. Time to do something constructive like checking out the 2004 SI web swimsuit issue..,.I might have to pop a nitro pill :)

MoJo, settle down and be content in the fact that Mr. Scott Graham of Helena is eating his words today, plus no matter how hard the our local fish wraps try to discriminate against us, they have to invent something good to write about their weaker team in west al.

Our local paper is the Anniston Star. It is owned by a bammer grad (I think), so the sports page is normally 3 articles about the mighty tide to 1 for our better team. A story I've told before on here, but it is worth repeating.....

Two years ago, on Jan 2, the day after Auburn beat Penn St, and bammer stayed at home, the top of page bold print headline on the sports page was about Washington State's (Mike Boogie Down Price's old team) loss to whoever in the Rose Bowl. In the lower right corner in small print they put a small story about AU winning. After tolerating years of this type of bias, I cancelled my subscription that day, and have not read it since. I also sent in a nasty letter as to why I cancelled. Don't know if it was published or not, because I refuse to look at that rag ever again.

Doesn't matter what the Bammer's think. The other day on Sports radio I heard several UAT fans gloating on how they kept AU from going to the National Championship game. Boy how times have changed. I love it.

The national precption of how weak Bammer is cost us. Auburn was SUPPOSE to beat UAT at home (Jordan Hare West) worst than 8 points.

Thirty years ago they would be throwing up in the streets because they lost at home to the Barners. They hang on moral victories. DO WE OWN BAMMER NOW!!!

Archived