2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

I thought y'all said Auburn would not bring Jovon back because of some agreement AU had with the NCAA.

y'all?

Auburn will not be bringing Jovon back per numerous sources. Not worth listing him unless there's a major change.

Never know. Have to see how it plays out. It's part of 'cruiting...

Don't think so in this case. I believe Auburn made an agreement with the NCAA to not bring him back.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought y'all said Auburn would not bring Jovon back because of some agreement AU had with the NCAA.

And that was 100% true at the time. Then the old staff left, things changed, the new AU staff petitioned the NCAA and was granted approval to recruit Jovon again.

Unless he pulls a shocker on signing day, I see no way Trent will be wearing AU orange and blue in 2015. I'd love to be wrong though.

Wonder if we might get any commitments after this weekend.

Not likely. But national signing day will be a hoot. I've already got a vacation day scheduled.

What's the latest on Adonis Thomas? I saw he got a UGA offer. Is he going to visit or is AU not in the mix?

Thomas is committed to bammer. It's unusual for kids that commit this late to flip. My guess is Thomas is solid to Tuskaloser.

What's the latest on Adonis Thomas? I saw he got a UGA offer. Is he going to visit or is AU not in the mix?

Not likely. Looks like Holland is the last LB in this class.

Are we looking at losing any of our current commits to grades? I know Holland has issues, and I am certain I've seen on here that with the new rules, you never go after more than 1 who may not make it in.

So just wondering if Holland is the only maybe NQ of our current commits/potential commits?

Are we looking at losing any of our current commits to grades? I know Holland has issues, and I am certain I've seen on here that with the new rules, you never go after more than 1 who may not make it in.

So just wondering if Holland is the only maybe NQ of our current commits/potential commits?

Holland, McGriff, and Key

So would we take all 3 knowing they may not qualify? With how tight this class is getting, it seems like a shame to possibly sign all 3 but not actually have any enroll.

Total hypothetical question. Say we sign all 3, and none qualify, would those 3 spots then become open for EEs next season? Or, would we just lose those spots? Im not exactly sure how the new rule works.

So would we take all 3 knowing they may not qualify? With how tight this class is getting, it seems like a shame to possibly sign all 3 but not actually have any enroll.

Don't know. I don't work on the staff. The staff should have a good feel for them before they let them sign
Total hypothetical question. Say we sign all 3, and none qualify, would those 3 spots then become open for EEs next season? Or, would we just lose those spots? Im not exactly sure how the new rule works.
If recruits sign then they count to a 25 limit even if they don't enroll.

Don't know. I don't work on the staff. The staff should have a good feel for them before they let them sign

I get that. But my question is if they dont enroll, do those spots become EE spots for the next season?

I get that. But my question is if they dont enroll, do those spots become EE spots for the next season?

First we need to clarify what you are asking. Are you asking if they become EE spots where EEs count in place of the signed enrolled player? The answer to that is no. If you asking if it just opens up a spot on the 84 limit for an EE to come in then possibly. A staff can do that or give it to a walk on.

Lastly if you asking do they not enrolling open up more spots for either the current or next 25 signing limits. no.

Only for the player that originally signed. If they can clean up their grades by January and qualify then, they can use the slot they originally had, thus counting back as an EE. If the same guy doesn't qualify, the slot is lost. No other player can use it.

Archived