2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The posibarner in me is hoping that Garner is working his magic behind the scenes on the defensive line recruits. There are small clues that something interesting is going on even though nothing is being made public. The main clue is I would have expected us to accept Jauntavious Johnson's commitment by now (or have significantly turned up the heat) if coaches were at all concerned about interior line recruiting. I would also expect to see a parade of defensive lineman coming through Auburn on visits if things were unsettled. We can't be putting all of our eggs in the Trent Thompson basket, so something else has to be cooking.

The posibarner in me is hoping that Garner is working his magic behind the scenes on the defensive line recruits. There are small clues that something interesting is going on even though nothing is being made public. The main clue is I would have expected us to accept Jauntavious Johnson's commitment by now (or have significantly turned up the heat) if coaches were at all concerned about interior line recruiting. I would also expect to see a parade of defensive lineman coming through Auburn on visits if things were unsettled. We can't be putting all of our eggs in the Trent Thompson basket, so something else has to be cooking.

1) "Posibarner"= fantastic. I fully expect it to become a thing.

2) Great points all around.

"Posibarner" is very much a thing already (it's all over the Rant), and I can't take credit for it. And after I wrote the above I found a totally unsubstantiated rumor that Payne is leaning Auburn. There's also Norton out there who's recruitment has gone silent since he decommitted from Fl St (right after Big Cat). As far as defensive ends go, now that Lewis is off the table, I have no idea what Garner is working on, but I'm going to assume that he has it under control. I feel happier that way.

"Posibarner" is very much a thing already (it's all over the Rant), and I can't take credit for it. And after I wrote the above I found a totally unsubstantiated rumor that Payne is leaning Auburn. There's also Norton out there who's recruitment has gone silent since he decommitted from Fl St (right after Big Cat). As far as defensive ends go, now that Lewis is off the table, I have no idea what Garner is working on, but I'm going to assume that he has it under control. I feel happier that way.

Ahh. This is the only board I come to. So thanks for bringing it with you.

That's nice to hear...

The Jauntavius Johnson part is incorrect. He has had a take for at least 5 months now. It's on JJ to commit and nothing to do with the staff accepting it. The heat has been on him for a while also.

The Jauntavius Johnson part is incorrect. He has had a take for at least 5 months now. It's on JJ to commit and nothing to do with the staff accepting it. The heat has been on him for a while also.

Well then, I guess I can panic now.

I wouldn't He's always been up there on the staff's board with the big 3 DTs.

........or he may already be a silent commit.

........or he may already be a silent commit.

No inside info on this but I'm guessing this is the case. Just waiting on the right time to pull the trigger. IMO.

Latest updates added on post #2.

I love the time lines of the 2 OPs. Remember folks. When WEAU makes a letest updates post like the one above, scholl down to the bottom of the post # he says to see the update.

Question: With Edwards decomitting and in the past Alkinsion and possibly Sullivan concerned about a crouded rouster and lack of oppertunity, are either Alkinson or Sullivan canidates for Safety?

Question: With Edwards decomitting and in the past Alkinsion and possibly Sullivan concerned about a crouded rouster and lack of oppertunity, are either Alkinson or Sullivan canidates for Safety?

None of the LBs , Stars, and Safeties are pigeon holed for any specific position in this class. Most can play anywhere in those positions and will end up wherever it helps the team the best. With that said the staff's rough draft idea is Monty and Sully at Star.

4* LB Joshua McMillon

@Joshua_McMillon: My Commitment Day August 22nd Whitehaven High School At 1 Pm. #Michigan #Bama #Auburn #OleMiss

4* LB Joshua McMillon

@Joshua_McMillon: My Commitment Day August 22nd Whitehaven High School At 1 Pm. #Michigan #Bama #Auburn #OleMiss

All Bammer.

• 2 weeks later...

“@Rivals: Most #Rivals250 Commits -#SEC

#Bama 14

#SCar 9

#TAMU 9

#UGA 7

#LSU 6

#Ark 4

#UT 4

#AU 3

#UF 3

#MissSt 3

#OleMiss 2

#Mizzou 2

#Vandy 2

#UK 1”

I know most people will disagree with me, but I believe that this shows how much work we still have left to do in this recruiting class. While I believe that we have a solid class and we are further along than any Auburn recruiting class that I can remember, we still don't have that top tier talent that the other schools have at this point. Arkansas has more top 250 players than we do currently! Even though we have a top ten class, I still believe that this class has the potential to be so much better. Here's hoping that we have another great season, as well as some of our lower rated players.

"@Rivals: Most #Rivals250 Commits -#SEC

#Bama 14

#SCar 9

#TAMU 9

#UGA 7

#LSU 6

#Ark 4

#UT 4

#AU 3

#UF 3

#MissSt 3

#OleMiss 2

#Mizzou 2

#Vandy 2

#UK 1"

I know most people will disagree with me, but I believe that this shows how much work we still have left to do in this recruiting class. While I believe that we have a solid class and we are further along than any Auburn recruiting class that I can remember, we still don't have that top tier talent that the other schools have at this point. Arkansas has more top 250 players than we do currently! Even though we have a top ten class, I still believe that this class has the potential to be so much better. Here's hoping that we have another great season, as well as some of our lower rated players.

Isn't this the point where some of our faithful post "We'll be fine" ?

So far the offensive recruiting looks good if we can keep what we've got and land a top flight receiver. DL and LB need shoring up and the number of players out there at those positions that can "shore up" a class is dwindling. We can hardly expect to flip five or six top prospects.

So far the offensive recruiting looks good if we can keep what we've got and land a top flight receiver. DL and LB need shoring up and the number of players out there at those positions that can "shore up" a class is dwindling. We can hardly expect to flip five or six top prospects.

Mikey, are you saying we're OK with the LBs in this class? :whistle:

Mikey, are you saying we're OK with the LBs in this class? :whistle:

Are you reading impaired? From my second line, above: "DL and LB need shoring up..."

Archived