2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

Do the chances of getting at least 1 out of the 2 Clemson 5* WR that unofficially visited this weekend look possible? Also; with the McGriff decommitment with 7-8 spots left is there any recent news during the dead period?

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the chances of getting at least 1 out of the 2 Clemson 5* WR that unofficially visited this weekend look possible? Also; with the McGriff decommitment with 7-8 spots left is there any recent news during the dead period?

With McGriff out, you gotta think AU takes two WR's. One Wideout (Slayton or Cain) and one Slot (Ray Ray or Godwin)

I think we get two of the four... And just maybe pending how all the chips fall, maybe even a 3rd.

With McGriff out, you gotta think AU takes two WR's. One Wideout (Slayton or Cain) and one Slot (Ray Ray or Godwin)

I think we get two of the four... And just maybe pending how all the chips fall, maybe even a 3rd.

We were already taking two before this, so 3 is my bet at this point.

Could someone please educate me with what is going on with "Jovon" I keep seeing that Auburn will not be bringing him back. I do not understand this. I thought he was our 5 star juco RB. Also, I see various players we have a commitment from with a couple of 4 star ratings and a couple 3 star ratings. Some are listed at 3 Star recruits and have half of the recruiting services with them as a 4 star rec & the other half as 3 star recs.

Please shed some light on this for an old cuss who needs to be brought up to speed on things like this!

Could someone please educate me with what is going on with "Jovon" I keep seeing that Auburn will not be bringing him back. I do not understand this. I thought he was our 5 star juco RB. Also, I see various players we have a commitment from with a couple of 4 star ratings and a couple 3 star ratings. Some are listed at 3 Star with about half ratings of 3 and the other half as 4 star.

Please shed some light on this for an old cuss who needs to be brought up to speed on things like this!

I don't understand any of this. Jovon is already enrolled and with the team. Nowhere has there been anything said about him not being part of the team. In fact, in the AU Football forum there is a post regarding his already present leadership role. This is just as odd as all your random Ole Miss hate postings.

As far as ratings, there is a 247 only and a 247 Composite based on an average of the big 4 services. We chose to go by the Composite score when referring to a recruits star power.

Could someone please educate me with what is going on with "Jovon" I keep seeing that Auburn will not be bringing him back. I do not understand this. I thought he was our 5 star juco RB. Also, I see various players we have a commitment from with a couple of 4 star ratings and a couple 3 star ratings. Some are listed at 3 Star with about half ratings of 3 and the other half as 4 star.

I don't understand any of this. Jovon is already enrolled and with the team. Nowhere has there been anything said about him not being part of the team. In fact, in the AU Football forum there is a post regarding his already present leadership role. This is just as odd as all your random Ole Miss hate postings.

As far as ratings, there is a 247 only and a 247 Composite based on an average of the big 4 services. We chose to go by the Composite score when referring to a recruits star power.

He's referring to the first few pages of this thread. There was a lot of talk about the staff not pursuing Jovon.

This is also up there around page 6 where WarTiger says he hopes UF keeps Muschamp for a long time because of all the talent he is missing out on...lol

He's referring to the first few pages of this thread. There was a lot of talk about the staff not pursuing Jovon.

This is also up there around page 6 where WarTiger says he hopes UF keeps Muschamp for a long time because of all the talent he is missing out on...lol

Oh the ones from a year ago... Gotcha!

The clemson kids were on official visits. Not unofficial. Also what kind of news are you asking about?

We were already taking two before this, so 3 is my bet at this point.

It may end up that way if the 3rd is the best overall player available but it's not planned. Javarius Davis could definitely fit that bill.

Is the Clemson 5* WR really interested? Or is this an attention ploy?

LMAO. If it was an attention ploy the visit would not have been secret til he left. Yes he's interested just not likely enough to flip.

E, thanks for answering my question on Twitter.

Which leads me to this, how many commits are signing tomorrow? How many spots are opened for current, non-committed players?

Either I can't add or I don't understand the recruiting counting system, both are probably true.

Thank you kind sir!

I think the people here who track that kind of thing have all said 28, so I'll believe 29 when I see it. They've been right the last couple of years.

Oh the ones from a year ago... Gotcha!

Sorry about this my friends. I should look closer to the dates posts are made. My bad all of the way. I tend to be a skim reader, but now I have to really watch this. When you get old and ornery like me, you tend to do what has worked for you over the years. 15 years ago, I could skim read and tell you every word that I read. Not any more folks...This is what old age will do for you!

Anyone know where the sudden extra spot came from?

I have a "through the grapevine" answer, but I suppose I shall follow the "no link/no rumors" rule so I can stick around until tomorrow.

I have a "through the grapevine" answer, but I suppose I shall follow the "no link/no rumors" rule so I can stick around until tomorrow.

Did the grapevine tell you Elijah Sullivan?

Did the grapevine tell you Elijah Sullivan?

Negative. My grapevine isn't that well connected!

The only possible way we would have signed 29 is if the staff changed their minds about putting Ike Powell on scholly as planned. If he goes on Scholly before January 2016 then he counts in this class.

Archived