Going Coast to Coast, (Why we are in SB.)

DKW 86

Saw a graphic today that said only 5 teams have done it.

1943 Army

1944 Army

1971 Nebraska

1972 USC

1999 FSU

Add 2004 #1 USC and #2 OU.

That's right. We had the misfortune of undefeated the same year the Top 2 both went Coast-to-Coast, a truly rare event in College Football.

That graphic was on the USC-ND game tonight. Those 5 teams started the year #1 in the AP Poll and stayed there all year. USC not Oklahoma can be added to that group if they stay #1.

That graphic was on the USC-ND game tonight. Those 5 teams started the year #1 in the AP Poll and stayed there all year. USC not Oklahoma can be added to that group if they stay #1.

126724[/snapback]

I understand that, but this is a very rare year in which both the #1 and #2 Teams both went CTC. Hard to defend taking that away from them.

If AU went CTC, I would fight anyone saying we didnt deserve a BCS shot.

What? Are you saying that just because USC started the season #1 they should stay there week in and week out if they win? I'm sorry but that's meesed and it should not be the case.

And auburn will go CTC :)

If you can take every team's A game then you stay there.

The only way to getknocked down is to lose or play very poorly.

Really, there should never be any preseason polls at all. That is really what is costinig us now.

Really, there should never be any preseason polls at all. That is really what is costinig us now.

126736[/snapback]

yep

i'm just really pissed off that we are going to go 13-0 and not win the National Championship

What if the Rose Bowl invites us to play Michigan so we can get a share? :P;):thumbsup:

If you can take every team's A game then you stay there.

The only way to getknocked down is to lose or play very poorly.

126736[/snapback]

If the preseason polls had not come out until October(like most people think they should) I still believe USC and Oklahoma would be #1 and #2. You can delay the AP and Coaches poll, but they are still going to pick the same teams at the top. I think AU would have started in the top 5 though. I still don't think it would have made a difference this year.

What?  Are you saying that just because USC started the season #1 they should stay there week in and week out if they win?  I'm sorry but that's meesed and it should not be the case.

Yeah, I agree with David. USC and OU were competing for the championship last year. Auburn was not. USC and OU have not lost so why should they drop. What would delaying the polls until October do, like tidefan said? I don't think it would have made a difference...sucks but that's the way it is.

Archived