Top performances for Auburn to win

Budapesttiger

Who do you think needs to have the best performance for Auburn to win tonight?

I say on the O side:

Reese Dismukes

Nick Marshall

These two will be responsible for making the offense go. It will have to go because FSU will score a lot too.

I say n the D side:

Dee Ford

MLB - Holland / Frost

We absolutely have to pressure Winston. The MLB position has to be able to fill gaps and cover the pass.

War Eagle

I think our special teams will have to be special today and they will be making a difference for us. Steven Clark, Cody Parkey and Chris Davis and the returners.

It's going to take a total team effort. OFFENSE. DEFENSE. SPECIAL TEAMS. NO OFFENSIVE TURNOVERS. Hard for me to single out individuals.

Well using this thread's standard, if Tre has his "BEST" performance tonight he'll have run for over 303 yards which translates to an Auburn win unless FSU has a couple pick/fumble 6s, gets the ball a LOT on O AND scores a TD fairly quickly every time it gets the ball.

So, I'll go with Tre as my answer.

It's going to take a total team effort. OFFENSE. DEFENSE. SPECIAL TEAMS. NO OFFENSIVE TURNOVERS. Hard for me to single out individuals.

In Tre's words, it's going to take 'Wefense'.

1) No turnovers and penalties

2) Put pressure on blabber mouth Winston

3) Maintain assignments on defense; Tackle well; Don't give up too many big plays on defense

4) Don't go away from what has gotten us here...RUN...RUN..RUN

5) Capitalize on FSU turnovers and mistakes

Nick obviously

Also the whole O-Line as well. These few weeks FSU has probably learned about our blocking scheme.

On D I say the D-Line. FSU's O-Line isn't great in pass protection so it'll be a key match

Make Winston eat that new turf and keep him guessing on where the next sack is coming from.

Pound their D-Line until they lay down and we run off 10 yards a play.

Win the Turnover battle.

Never let up.

Personally, I think the key to winning this game is the running game exhausting FSU's defense. Those big boys haven't played in several weeks, so if Mason, Marshall, Grant, Louis, and CAP can pound the ground, they will run at will in the second half, which they will probably need, because FSU is going to put points on the board.

Lawson , Ford, Adams D-line needs to dominate and these guys can do it.

Personally, I think the key to winning this game is the running game exhausting FSU's defense. Those big boys haven't played in several weeks, so if Mason, Marshall, Grant, Louis, and CAP can pound the ground, they will run at will in the second half, which they will probably need, because FSU is going to put points on the board.

Plus they have not played late in many of their games because they've sat out the 4th quarter. We keep it close...we win..the end. lol. We just have to keep pounding the ball no matter what. That does several things: Wears down FSU defense, keeps their offense off the field and set us up to win the game in the 4th quarter.

I just don't think they can handle our OLine or even the blocking from our HB/TE and WRs. Nobody has been physical with them all hear. I think it will take them time to adjust to that. Don't get me wrong..i respect them but i just hope that the time it takes them to adjust to our offense...we're up by at least 10-14 points by halftime.

Assuming of course, that the usual favorites bring their normal A-game performances .. Dee, Tre, Nick, Jay, Gabe, Cody, Clark, Reese, etc (honorable mentions)....

It would be game changing if Carl Lawson and Montravis Adams both exploded into the national perspective tonight. Not saying they haven't already to some degree, to those who follow SEC football, but if they can manage to showcase their talents tonight it could be a very special night for the team.

Aside from the obvious ... (Running/tempo)(Pass Rush)...I think Therezie will need to step up big in this game.

I'll say the DLine. Get pressure on JW and make him uncomfortable in the pocket. Make him throw it before he wants, before their long patterns can develop.

on offense:

- OL generates push; Move the LOS down field and make them work for stops against the run.

- Nick Marshall: good reads and smooth handoffs/keeps; eliminate fumbles.

on defense:

- defend the middle of the field. Do not let FSU pick up easy chunks of yards over the middle of the field. Passing and rushing.

- DL gets pressure to give the CBs outside some help. Make Winston and receiver timing be off

Chris Davis and the secondary will make the difference of winning and losing.

Our LB's are going to give up dumb yards up the middle and the d-line will keep pressure but mostly contain Jameis (think like when we played aTm)

Don't think FSU stops our running game to be honest. Marshall will be fine in the passing game and I think Coates will have at least one big play no ones been able to cover him all year

IMO we played the best football in the A&M game. Mistake free and penalty free with on the mark passing. I think in addition to the Dline getting pressure on JW, the secondary has to play great and prevent the long pass plays. I think Nick and Tre will move the ball and I think Nick will be more effective passing the ball. Let's wipe Winston's cocky smile off.

Archived