Greg Robinson

bigsixfive

Best of luck to you Greg. I will always be thankful for your huge contributions to this special season. I hope you get drafted by a great franchise and not one owned by Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not even anything to argue about. It was a hold but besides that op wasn't downing Robinson

Robinson played well all season. Like the rest of us, he is heartbroken now. Why would anyone, right after Auburn loses the BCSCG, bring up the fact that he was responsible for a holding penalty that stalled a drive? If it's an attempt at humor, it's weak. If it's an effort to get him to come back to Auburn and wait to go pro, it's weak. Those are best case scenarios for what would motivate someone to post something like the OP.

Let it go dude. It was obvious to everyone but you it was a joke and it was funny enough. Don't make it worse by blabbing.

That's not even anything to argue about. It was a hold but besides that op wasn't downing Robinson

Robinson played well all season. Like the rest of us, he is heartbroken now. Why would anyone, right after Auburn loses the BCSCG, bring up the fact that he was responsible for a holding penalty that stalled a drive? If it's an attempt at humor, it's weak. If it's an effort to get him to come back to Auburn and wait to go pro, it's weak. Those are best case scenarios for what would motivate someone to post something like the OP.

Let it go dude. It was obvious to everyone but you it was a joke and it was funny enough. Don't make it worse by blabbing.

I probably shouldn't even respond to this, but I don't always make wise decisions.

First, you do realize that you're responding to a post I made close to 12 hours ago, and that I've posted on this thread since then without raising the issue again. I'd say that fits the definition of letting it go.

Second, I'm not exactly humor impaired. I like joking around probably more than the next guy. In fact, I'm often criticized for joking around too much on the boards. I admit that the game didn't put me in the best of moods, and I always tend to be overly sensitive about criticism of our players and coaches.

I apologize to everyone, especially the OP, for my thin skin. I should never have engaged, and it is clear that the OP didn't have any ill intent. Again, I am sorry for not keeping to myself the fact that I didn't see any humor in the original post. My bad. Also, I apologize to you, tiger88 for my lame response to your initial post. It was uncalled-for.

I hope you, the OP, and everyone else is satisfied with this reply. As far as I am concerned, I'm happy to drop the subject.

Again, best of luck to Greg at the next level. War Eagle!

This is great for Greg and for AU, Total win-win. Heck, this is a major reason why he came here. Going in the 1st round benefits us all. Mission accomplished sir and we thank you for a heck of a season and for all you've put in on the Plains!

I probably shouldn't even respond to this, but I don't always make wise decisions.

First, you do realize that you're responding to a post I made close to 12 hours ago, and that I've posted on this thread since then without raising the issue again. I'd say that fits the definition of letting it go.

Second, I'm not exactly humor impaired. I like joking around probably more than the next guy. In fact, I'm often criticized for joking around too much on the boards. I admit that the game didn't put me in the best of moods, and I always tend to be overly sensitive about criticism of our players and coaches.

I apologize to everyone, especially the OP, for my thin skin. I should never have engaged, and it is clear that the OP didn't have any ill intent. Again, I am sorry for not keeping to myself the fact that I didn't see any humor in the original post. My bad. Also, I apologize to you, tiger88 for my lame response to your initial post. It was uncalled-for.

I hope you, the OP, and everyone else is satisfied with this reply. As far as I am concerned, I'm happy to drop the subject.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. It was a joke in very poor taste. Like you said the kid is probably heart broken over his holding call. Making a joke about it to try and get him to stay was weak like you said in the first place. Stand by what you said, it was right.

Great for G Rob. Will cheer for him on Sundays.

Who we got stepping in now?

Thats a good question. WIll they rotate Avery over to LT and let Patrick Miller start at RT. Or is Shon Coleman going to prove he has what it takes. Greg leaving gives Shon a HUGE opportunity. The entire AU Family will be pulling for him. He beat cancer. Working his butt off to win the starting LT spot should be easy for him.

Greg...you need to go to the Saints. The Saints need a pro-bowl class tackle to side up to another Auburn Tiger, pro-bowl class guard; Ben Grubbs. Since I am a native North Carolinian, my second team is the Panthers. I am sure Cam would welcome you with open arms!

I totally understand his decision. He has been a true Auburn man and he helped raise our team to the highest levels of college football. Now if only my Redskin team will draft him to protect RG3.

Thank you for a great season and for representing Auburn so well.

He is an absolute beast. Probably the most gifted to play left tackle at Auburn. Future pro bowler with hall of fame potential here. Love seeing guys like this come out early, will really help selling recruits on making it to the NFL. Number 9 on Kipers big board right now.

Have any of the draft experts indicated what position GR will be playing in the NFL. I have wondered if he could be considered for a guard position at the next level.

Have any of the draft experts indicated what position GR will be playing in the NFL. I have wondered if he could be considered for a guard position at the next level.

I haven't seen anything but OT. He's #9 on Kiper's big board.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. It was a joke in very poor taste. Like you said the kid is probably heart broken over his holding call. Making a joke about it to try and get him to stay was weak like you said in the first place. Stand by what you said, it was right.

Everyone knows he was pretty much gone, including the OP. There was no attempt to get him to stay, lol. His game doesn't need perfecting before going pro, much less due to a single holding call.

I would be shocked if he were anything remotely near heartbroken over the holding call. His play was one huge reason our O did so well.

I have a feeling he would chuckle if he read the thread title and OP.

Looking at how much the entire O-line improved from last year to this year under coach Grimes, I think that any position on the O-line is one that we will be able to replace/reload and not see a drop in production. As long as coach Grimes is teaching our lineman how to play the game, we will be cosistently producing first rounders.

War Eagle Greg, and thank you for representing AU.

Greg...you need to go to the Saints. The Saints need a pro-bowl class tackle to side up to another Auburn Tiger, pro-bowl class guard; Ben Grubbs. Since I am a native North Carolinian, my second team is the Panthers. I am sure Cam would welcome you with open arms!

Are they letting Greg choose where he wants to go? Cool! :) :)

Archived