Still #3 in BcS

jaydubb121

Well, here's the skinny:

If we all win out and the computers stay the same, we'll have to pick up 34 votes from OU in the AP and 27 in the coaches poll to overtake them. If the computers move a little, like USC taking a couple more of the computers from OU, then we'd need less. For instance, if another computer moves USC from second to first over OU, then we'd need about 25 votes in the AP to overtake them. If two computers switched, the number goes down to 22 in the AP.

Basically, it's still a big long shot without USC or OU losing. But, if OU looked really bad but scraped by Colorado and USC destroys UCLA and Auburn pounded Tennessee, it might create just enough movement to do it.

We'll just have to see.

i am confident auburn will be in the orange bowl come next week after oklahoma's near scare with colorado and a substantial victory over tennessee at the ga dome.

for all that are going to the game this weekend i envy you!

war eagle! war bruins! and war buffalo!

I registered on soonerfan.com to talk with those idiots, er..fine folks. I get e-mails from the administrator from time to time and today there was one about ordering Orange Bowl tickets. It started off something like, "A win over Colorado automatically puts us in the Orange Bowl. Order your tickets early..." I couldn't read anymore.

The major difference this week was the computers finally taking OK off #1. If a couple of more do this, maybe one or two put AU #2 and we can overtake them in the polls, who knows.

If everyone wins out, I am holding out hope that the AP and coaches will seriously look at the gravity of their vote and take that into consideration. If nothing else, make the margin even slimmer to give us the outside shot at the split title if OK beats USC (a better bet would be that the NCAA goes back in time and calls the USC/ND game at the end of the first quarter IMO).

Hang in there gang.....It ain't over YET ! ! !

WAR EAGLE.....O N E at a time. :au:

guys save your breath. quit hoping.

Unless Oklahoma loses, we are going to the Sugar, that is the only way.

its unfortunate but is also the reality! so....

I say GO BUFFS!!

Tiger dog is right. Unless OK or USC gets beat we will not be in the Orange Bowl.

It wouldn't matter if we beat UT 90-3. Doesn't seem fair, but the odds of us placing second in two polls are out of sight. Right now, the Auburn football is gunning for an SEC championship ring. Thats one matter that we should be able to control. The BCS.....we can't..

Remember OKIE lost to K-State last year when they were supposed to kill them. The score was the exact opposite. While it doesn't seem likely, it could happen.

I guess the Okie game will be over just before the SECCG starts? If so and if the game is close, you may see a bunch of empty AU seats because everyone will be watching the end of that game. If Colorado wins imagine how loud it will be in the GA Dome when they announce the score. Maybe the can put it on the jumbotron so everyone can watch.

I say GO BUFFS!!

Agreed. Jerry Palm on Finebaum said as much. He said OU must lose an AU must win big for us to move up to 2. I hope we can do it. But, I think this year will be the year that the BCS will be changed due to us. College football is setting a bad example when you can not just win a football game, you have to win with "style points". I think it is bad for football when a win is not a win. Here AU is on the verge of going 12-0 and it will be tarnished by not getting to play for the MNC due to agendas and style points. The system must change.

I say GO BUFFS!!

Agreed. Jerry Palm on Finebaum said as much. He said OU must lose an AU must win big for us to move up to 2. I hope we can do it. But, I think this year will be the year that the BCS will be changed due to us. College football is setting a bad example when you can not just win a football game, you have to win with "style points". I think it is bad for football when a win is not a win. Here AU is on the verge of going 12-0 and it will be tarnished by not getting to play for the MNC due to agendas and style points. The system must change.

127302[/snapback]

The only way that we will go to the OB is if OU or SC, period. That doesn't seem like promising prospects.

AU Left Out

I say GO BUFFS!!

127302[/snapback]

So what if the BCS is changed due to Auburn getting the BCS shaft. The BCS gets changed every year to CORRECT the bugs. This system is faulty and no amount of tweeking will fix it. It needs to be scraped.

Archived