***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Who is going to be harder to sell him or his girlfriend?

I have no clue but she definitely needs to be sold as much as him.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. She's transferring too. That's why she is taking the OVs with him.

Maybe our superior soccer program will be what wins the day with the stidhams!!! WAR DAMN!!! elite 8 baby.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's visiting & will get here Thursday.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you are right E.  Could be the most important visit of Malzahn career. I don't think there is another football player out there that could make that great a difference in our 2017 season. IMHO

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, autan said:

Keeping my fingers crossed that you are right E.  Could be the most important visit of Malzahn career. I don't think there is another football player out there that could make that great a difference in our 2017 season. IMHO

right about what? He was always going to official I thought.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, Auburn women's soccer team is ranked 16th while Texas A&M's is ranked 57th. Maybe she'll be impressed and want to be a part of a winning team. We can use all the help we can get with his girlfriend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

For what it's worth, Auburn women's soccer team is ranked 16th while Texas A&M's is ranked 57th. Maybe she'll be impressed and want to be a part of a winning team. We can use all the help we can get with his girlfriend.

thats what I am saying!!! hope the Hopper is on board and closes the deal for us. LORD KNOWS Gus cannot do it by himself on elite qbs...... WAR DAMN SOCCER!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. She's transferring too. That's why she is taking the OVs with him.

Has Tyler Queen ever fully recovered from his 2 shoulder surgeries or is he damaged goods too after all these past 2 seasons? He played momentarily last week but only handoffs and one safe run to the sidelines. Will he be a healthy/viable contributor or backup next season or has he sustained major damage like Shawn supposedly has done?

15 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Has Tyler Queen ever fully recovered from his 2 shoulder surgeries or is he damaged goods too after all these past 2 seasons? He played momentarily last week but only handoffs and one safe run to the sidelines. Will he be a healthy/viable contributor or backup next season or has he sustained major damage like Shawn supposedly has done?

As i posted in another thread I unfortunately don't see TQ ever taking a snap at QB for AU in a competitive game. A couple connectesds agreed FWIW.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

thats what I am saying!!! hope the Hopper is on board and closes the deal for us. LORD KNOWS Gus cannot do it by himself on elite qbs...... WAR DAMN SOCCER!

The GF is not a starter at Baylor. I don't think Coach Hopper is going to lie to her about her chances of seeing the field at AU. I also doubt Hopper will be giving a precious scholarship away to help the football team, so GF would have to walk on and pay her own way here. At A&M she wouldn't have to pay out of state tuition, at the very least. I think our best chance to get help from GF is if she falls in love with the campus, town and university in general. That's more likely to happen than us getting help from the soccer angle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The GF is not a starter at Baylor. I don't think Coach Hopper is going to lie to her about her chances of seeing the field at AU. I also doubt Hopper will be giving a precious scholarship away to help the football team, so GF would have to walk on and pay her own way here. At A&M she wouldn't have to pay out of state tuition, at the very least. I think our best chance to get help from GF is if she falls in love with the campus, town and university in general. That's more likely to happen than us getting help from the soccer angle.

If Jarrett Stidham is on the line, Jay Jacobs better make our head coach offer his girlfriend a soccer scholarship. Heck, you create a Gus Malzahn scholarship if you have to! We better be doing everything legally possible to get this kid to sign

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

If Jarrett Stidham is on the line, Jay Jacobs better make our head coach offer his girlfriend a soccer scholarship. Heck, you create a Gus Malzahn scholarship if you have to! We better be doing everything legally possible to get this kid to sign

Is this a joke

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Has the girl friend visited AU before?

Not that I'm aware of. But one good look at our campus will help.

A&M campus is lame, it looks like military barracks. It's not nice. Rarely a tree in sight as well. 

I don't know how things work behind the scenes, but seeing as football probably covers the deficit that women soccer brings to the AD, I imagine the power brokers will have say in that matter. I love AU, but I highly doubt they wouldn't find a way to appease both him and his GF, if she is truly the x factor. So,I seriously doubt she will be paying her own way here. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5

IF Stidham signs in early December, could he participate in bowl practices? 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't know how things work behind the scenes, but seeing as football probably covers the deficit that women soccer brings to the AD, I imagine the power brokers will have say in that matter. I love AU, but I highly doubt they wouldn't find a way to appease both him and his GF, if she is truly the x factor. So,I seriously doubt she will be paying her own way here. 

Would bringing in Kendrill Briles seal the deal?

6 hours ago, DAG said:

In Tuskaloser it's OK to have a prospect's mom "house sit" for four years at a salary in excess of 40K a year and free rent. Maybe one of our deep pocket boosters has a condo he needs a sitter for? GF should be good at that job.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beagle34 said:

I'm sure it would influence his decision---hard to say how much.

There was a lot of talk on this board about that at one time.

WDE!

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

IF Stidham signs in early December, could he participate in bowl practices? 

Better yet, could he just put on Sean's jersey and play the game as Sean's proxy? ??

• Like 4

3 hours ago, beagle34 said:

The talk seems to have simmered with all of the baylor drama and gus's ineptitude to evolve. chances are slim and none.