What is remarkable about this class.....

AEAugirl

1. We signed a TOP class again....without ANY ONE WAIVERING. In fact, I read that none of them outside Lawrence took OVs to anywhere but Auburn. No threats of flips, no waivering. SOLID. ALL OF THEM. I can't remember that happening before. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

2. On signing day the majority of the class was wrapped up aside from a few....one a BIG need we got in VERY late on and won and two that we felt would go our way. One did, one did not. Aside from Smith who really was a NEED, the other two were icing.

3. This coaching staff went head to head with Bama and won two jewels from the state and flipped two of their recruits. Don't say Gus has gotten beat by Saban because of ONE player. Bama had Tre Williams penciled in and yet Gus and DC was able to lock him in and HE NEVER WAIVERED. We took a long time (admitted) Bama fan and IMO the top RB in the nation and made him an AU man.....and from then on he told Bama to pound sand. Tre Williams is one of the top LB in the nation and he wouldn't buy Saban's bill of goods. All in a Bama hotbeds with Bama homer coaches I am sure in their ears daily.

And they pretty much did it in less than a year.......after coming in and in less than a month signing their first stellar class .....all while taking a very broken group of young men and making and molding them into champions that we will remember forever.

Impressive.

Imagine what they will do this year....... :)

Very true. Thanks for posting.......

Taking a 3-9 team to a national championship in one year does your recruiting for you.

Recruits aren't dumb they see how talent was taught up in under a year

Saben has found that to keep the masses happy just win at something (ie largest aday game crowd or a mythical NSD championship) so he goes after stars, even though they bring a lot of attitude problems and don't turn out so well (Yeldon vs Tre). Gus he goes after the players that he sees fits his system and has great character. He did try to get a local to commit this year but really if you look Evans really did not fit his system. I trust what Gus and his coaches are doing. We beat uat last year with what we had and we will do it again

While I appreciate your post, I'd call this a very good class rather than a great one. Going by the ranking services it was the 6th or 7th best in the SEC, which is not great. I know, 7th in the country, but we don't play the whole rest of the country we play in the SEC.

But it was a very good class and I do think our coaches are still doing the best they can. And I'm glad to see people actually doing the best they can in the employ of Auburn University. Unfortunately I really don't see that a whole lot...and I'm not restricting my view to the Athletic Dept though I am looking at a few positions there too.

As for Evans; when I was his age I wanted to get away from home...but not so far away I couldn't see Mama and Daddy often. It didn't surprise me he chose bama.

GREAT post. I just don't put much stock in stars. That's why I say GREAT. There is something about the cohesion of like-minded (and "hearted") players that raises the star level of the whole team, in which there is no "I"...which quite often pops up in the middle of many 5 stars who, having never played a day of college football, nevertheless believe the press. GREAT summation, AEAugirl!!

Gus went head to head with Saban and won. Evans was a loss but we picked up the better need and fit for our team in Tre. 1st full year and we are off to the races with an SEC crown and an NC appearance. Our offensive will be at least as good, defense will be better and special teams will show dramatic improvement. WDE

Splitting the states top recruits should tell you all you need to know.

Well not everything...Bama got the top recruit from about a half dozen different states in addition to Alabama. Which brings me back to one of my favorite subjects...the need for AU to widen it's recruiting territory.

JMO but AU has the potential to be a distination school ...especially on offense and we don't need to settle for just getting the best players from Alabama, Georgia and Florida after bama, dawgs, gators and 'noles have picked over the crop. .

We got our LB in TW. He was our number 1 and for a reason. This kid is a leader before he even gets on campus. He got his 5th star and we never heard about him or from him. He is the most impressive recruit in this class. Evans would have been great, I would rather have Tre.

Splitting the states top recruits should tell you all you need to know.

Well not everything...Bama got the top recruit from about a half dozen different states in addition to Alabama. Which brings me back to one of my favorite subjects...the need for AU to widen it's recruiting territory.

JMO but AU has the potential to be a distination school ...especially on offense and we don't need to settle for just getting the best players from Alabama, Georgia and Florida after bama, dawgs, gators and 'noles have picked over the crop. .

That is all we need to do to maintain excellence. It is an easier sell, there is better players locally, you dont have the homesickness issue, etc. We are recruiting where we need to be recruiting.

I think we need to take Auburn high school back and we need to take Columbus back. We've missed out on some pretty good d linemen from Columbus think we're missing on a guy next class as well

I think we need to take Auburn high school back and we need to take Columbus back. We've missed out on some pretty good d linemen from Columbus think we're missing on a guy next class as well

Pro Bama coach at Auburn High does not help us there. I would rather us not re-playing the Evans recruiting saga again.

If a kid cannot make up their minds after all efforts have been exhausted, cut em loose. I can understand how difficult a decision it is for some, but no more agreements to have two coaching staffs at the same events, cancellations of meetings, travel, etc (unless there are very good reasons), and the general circus that Alan Evans created and is still creating.

Alan Evans is crying now because his business is suffering. Gee, ya think? Praising Bama supporters, calling Alabama the Capstone, flying Bama flags, etc and he is wondering why the Auburn fans are not supporting his business?

Rashaan is free to make his decision where he wants to go. Daddy and Momma have an obligation to support their son. But they do not have an obligation to flaunt it in the face of the Auburn family in the family's back yard. Face it, an Auburn graduate turning and yelling Roll Tide, is not an Auburn man or woman, they are two faced at best. Support your son's decision to play for a rival school, support him in his games, but you do not have to stick your finger in the eye of the Auburn family and then cry because they no longer support you.

It is not Rashaan that is causing the uproar, it is Alan Evans and his scheming that is causing all of the hullabaloo. He is asking for it and I think it is to get something out of the REC personally. The way he handled the recruiting process to the manner in which he is acting now, tells us all we need to know about Alan Evans.

Outstanding class. The team that just competed for the NC had an average star rating of 3.59...and an average finish in the recruiting ranks for 12th. This is an OUTSTANDING class my any measure. What matters is what happens now. Can we keep them in school and develop them....that is what will set us apart.

Outstanding class. The team that just competed for the NC had an average star rating of 3.59...and an average finish in the recruiting ranks for 12th. This is an OUTSTANDING class my any measure. What matters is what happens now. Can we keep them in school and develop them....that is what will set us apart.

Agreed!!

Pro Bama coach at Auburn High does not help us there. I would rather us not re-playing the Evans recruiting saga again.

If a kid cannot make up their minds after all efforts have been exhausted, cut em loose. I can understand how difficult a decision it is for some, but no more agreements to have two coaching staffs at the same events, cancellations of meetings, travel, etc (unless there are very good reasons), and the general circus that Alan Evans created and is still creating.

Alan Evans is crying now because his business is suffering. Gee, ya think? Praising Bama supporters, calling Alabama the Capstone, flying Bama flags, etc and he is wondering why the Auburn fans are not supporting his business?

Rashaan is free to make his decision where he wants to go. Daddy and Momma have an obligation to support their son. But they do not have an obligation to flaunt it in the face of the Auburn family in the family's back yard. Face it, an Auburn graduate turning and yelling Roll Tide, is not an Auburn man or woman, they are two faced at best. Support your son's decision to play for a rival school, support him in his games, but you do not have to stick your finger in the eye of the Auburn family and then cry because they no longer support you.

It is not Rashaan that is causing the uproar, it is Alan Evans and his scheming that is causing all of the hullabaloo. He is asking for it and I think it is to get something out of the REC personally. The way he handled the recruiting process to the manner in which he is acting now, tells us all we need to know about Alan Evans.

Yeah I'm done with the Evans stuff I'm thinking now we need to lay down the law as far as what it's going to be from here on out and there are too many d1.prospects coming out of Columbus every year. We should have a pipeline there instead of not even being in the running with them every year

Archived