Want to apologize to all for the Rashaan Evans fiasco

austudnt23

The store was closed last Friday afternoon. The last truck leaving was the beer distributor picking up his unsold beer and after that it was locked. What, how or who may have intervened between then and now, who knows?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

may have been sold and re-opened with new owner. we need a lawyer on here to trace the transaction and see if there is a turd booster involved!

Here's the problem: There would be nothing illegal about some bamzo giving A.Evans the money to do whatever. Breaking NCAA rules is not breaking the law and the NCAA doesn't have subpoena powers. The only way things come to light is if somebody involved gets mad and sings his head off.

The only reason bammer got slammed in the Albert Means case is because in Tennessee it's illegal to bribe a public official and they bribed Means's high school coach. That brought matters into the courts. I'm afraid even the bamzos can learn from past mistakes so they probably won't do that again.

agree, but it would still likely make national news.

may have been sold and re-opened with new owner. we need a lawyer on here to trace the transaction and see if there is a turd booster involved!

Here's the problem: There would be nothing illegal about some bamzo giving A.Evans the money to do whatever. Breaking NCAA rules is not breaking the law and the NCAA doesn't have subpoena powers. The only way things come to light is if somebody involved gets mad and sings his head off.

The only reason bammer got slammed in the Albert Means case is because in Tennessee it's illegal to bribe a public official and they bribed Means's high school coach. That brought matters into the courts. I'm afraid even the bamzos can learn from past mistakes so they probably won't do that again.

The store was closed last Friday afternoon. The last truck leaving was the beer distributor picking up his unsold beer and after that it was locked. What, how or who may have intervened between then and now, who knows?

Last Friday afternoon there was a thread here about the store being possibly sold. This was because of the retweet from LaDarius Owens that said the store was sold and cleaned out. The original person that tweeted that info ( that Owens only lol'ed too) later admitted he was not a local and only passed on info. A local that posts here, like jordanharehaint, went by the place last Friday afternoon to check this out and said the store was in fact open. He said the shelves were only partially stocked, no beer or wine, but that the place was open. Unfortunately that thread was deleted probably because someone was posting personal info about the Evans and back taxes and the estimated value of their home.

I have no first hand knowledge of the situation, only what I am reading here. Mikey do you live locally and saw it closed? The more I read about this situation the more I think people are just repeating what was bad info to start with.

Last Friday afternoon there was a thread here about the store being possibly sold. This was because of the retweet from LaDarius Owens that said the store was sold and cleaned out. The original person that tweeted that info ( that Owens only lol'ed too) later admitted he was not a local and only passed on info. A local that posts here, like jordanharehaint, went by the place last Friday afternoon to check this out and said the store was in fact open. He said the shelves were only partially stocked, no beer or wine, but that the place was open. Unfortunately that thread was deleted probably because someone was posting personal info about the Evans and back taxes and the estimated value of their home.

I have no first hand knowledge of the situation, only what I am reading here. Mikey do you live locally and saw it closed? The more I read about this situation the more I think people are just repeating what was bad info to start with.

That was my thread and here is some more info on that. I had put up the thread, with the Owens retweet of the DyeHardAU tweet, to see if someone local could check it out. One of our own AUF posters, TrumanCrockett, said he lived close by and was going to walk over there. He also tweeted DyeHard that he would check it out. He did just that and reported back in the thread that yes, the shelves looked pretty bare.

At some point in the process DyeHardAU, the originator of all this, tweeted back to Truman Crockett (paraphrasing) to yes check it out but he didn't know for sure if it was fact. He said this after he had already said the store was sold. When I saw that I decided to delete the thread until we knew more information.

What Mikey is posting is subsequent to all this and would be new information.

That's true Mikey, it would be perfectly legal. But if the truth did include some bam it would put a whole different light on the recruitment and the failed attempt to continue the orchestrated circus post commitment.

I could be totally wrong about this as I am not a lawyer nor a real estate agent, but if the store was sold, wouldn't this be recorded in the Lee County Courthouse, and wouldn't the public have access to those records? Since Evans sold beer (and probably wine) in the store and had to have a liqour license, would that license be transferable to a new owner, or would the new owner have to apply for a license? Maybe that's why the beer was removed this past Friday, or beer distributors may pick up unsold beers after a period and then re-stock with fresher beer. I don't know, just speculating.

I say let's lock this thread and close the subject. Hopefully if there was some shenanigans on the UAT side we had proof and filed a formal complaint. I'm sick of this kid and the verbal attacks on the AU fans. Let's focus on our team, players, and hauling in another great class for 2015.

I say let's lock this thread and close the subject. Hopefully if there was some shenanigans on the UAT side we had proof and filed a formal complaint. I'm sick of this kid and the verbal attacks on the AU fans. Let's focus on our team, players, and hauling in another great class for 2015.

Agree. The tinfoil hats are no longer effective against the black helicopters.

Good gravy, folks.

I could be totally wrong about this as I am not a lawyer nor a real estate agent, but if the store was sold, wouldn't this be recorded in the Lee County Courthouse, and wouldn't the public have access to those records? Since Evans sold beer (and probably wine) in the store and had to have a liqour license, would that license be transferable to a new owner, or would the new owner have to apply for a license? Maybe that's why the beer was removed this past Friday, or beer distributors may pick up unsold beers after a period and then re-stock with fresher beer. I don't know, just speculating.

Any property sold will have the new deed and any mortgage recorded in the county probate records and eventually will be reflected in the tax assessor's office with the new owner of record, although that will probably not happen until next year.

because someone was posting personal info about the Evans and back taxes and the estimated value of their home.

This is not considered personal information, it is public information. All you have to do is go to the online record search of Lee County Property Assessor and pull it up, which literally took me one minute. The tax assessor publicly states the assessed value of the property, that's not personal either.

Anything to do with property is considered public record....ownership exchanges, sales, tax information, etc. You choose to make that information public when you choose to own a property.

Just because it is a public record that is easy for you to look up does not make posting their tax situation on a public forum appropriate.

Oh ok, their PUBLIC information (not rumor on innuendo, facts easily proved and pertinent to the discussion of his store ownership) shouldn't be put on a PUBLIC forum.

Gotcha. Makes PERFECT sense.

23 keep up the good work....sometimes people will lie to people for their own perverted reasons, when a better approach would be to say nothing...that didn't happen in this case. However, I am glad we don't have those type of folks on our team....in this case, I believe that the father wanted the spotlight and wanted some payback or kickback...bottom line they played this deception game which isn't honorable and should have not said anything to anyone...that would have been much better for all involved except if you wanted the spotlight....now if this was a game to save his business, that is a shame because you should let your kids have their life...of course my opinion only of what happened...

It is what it is. It's a lesson on how you are supposed to handle recruitment between two heated rivals instate. This was created, and stirred, by the Evans household. End of story. How people reacted to it is their own personal reaction. While some can be considered over the top, it's just par for the course when dealing with social media. Over and out.

Oh ok, their PUBLIC information (not rumor on innuendo, facts easily proved and pertinent to the discussion of his store ownership) shouldn't be put on a PUBLIC forum.

It's really sad to me that you think recruiting is so important that you would look up a families current property tax situation, post it, and then feel like it is perfectly acceptable.

It's really sad to me that you think recruiting is so important that you would look up a families current property tax situation, post it, and then feel like it is perfectly acceptable.

I dont think that had anything to do with it. recruiting is important and a level playing is something that would be nice but we rarely enjoy.

When someone uses Auburn as a piece of landscape art to advance an agenda it's no longer about recruiting.

To kinda' summarize my statements about the store: At that point in time when a longtime friend of mine, also an Auburn professor, went by that store last Friday afternoon the beer distributor's truck was pulling out after picking up his stock. The shelves looked "pretty bare" and the doors were locked.

What happened between that time and now I don't know, but at about 2 O'clock last Friday the joint was locked up.

When someone uses Auburn as a piece of landscape art to advance an agenda it's no longer about recruiting.

This. Right. Here.

Scattershooting: Living in Texas, I hear Aggies talking about hiring other Aggies, buying from Aggies. A solid selling point for going to A&M--not just athletics-- engineers, vets, etc. U Texas does the samething. Who are you buying your insurance from? Been that way for years everywhere. Don't make a mountain out of-- just do not put yourself out there with hateful comments. How many Tuscaloosa players on Bama team? Honest question from a a Texan--their high schools any good?

Archived