If only collegefootballnews.com could control the

GoAU

I like the formula collegefootballnews.com used to calculate who the top BCS teams were - but then again there's a really good reason I agree ;) Honestly their formula makes alot of sense to me.

Heres the link:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/5_...ve_Thoughts.htm

Scroll down a bit and see what you think.

:au:

That's a great assessment of the BCS. Couldn't agree with the author more that the unintended consequence of matching up the (allegedly) top two teams for the NC leaves the other non-title BCS games as glorified exhibitions. Last year the bowls lucked out in matching up the AP's 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. This year, assuming all the top teams win out ... you have 1 vs 2 in the Orange Bowl, and the Sugar Bowl gets #3 AU against ...? one-loss #4 Cal or #5 Texas? ... no; Undefeated #6 Utah or #8 Boise St? ... no; #7 UGA, again? ... no; #9 Louisville in the sure-to-be-named Irony Bowl? ... no; We have to drop all the way to #10 2-loss Miami to get a match. Ouch. That's just plain wrong. As rotten as it is for the Sugar Bowl & AU, it's even worse in the Fiesta Bowl where undefeated Utah might be facing a 6-5 Syracuse team if Pitt loses to USF this weekend. Double Ouch.

Archived