Anyone think we could have a letdown?

AUHansel

I know that UT isn't that good, and we killed them the first time, but I'm still worried. I've been worried every game, but this one a lot more than others. They beat UGA, after UGA beat them at their place the year before. Most teams don't like when they get beat at home, and they have a chance to embaress us now. I know that they have had injuries, and will probably be playin with clausen, but anyone think that it will be a closer game? UT tends to play teams close, no matter who they play(except us but they did have 6 turnovers). With all this BCS mess, will we be focused on the goal at hand? I'm just gettin worried because no one seems to be worried about this game. A lot of people are takin this like a practice game. I have confidence in our team, but I've been let down before.

Let me let you in on a little secret. I am from Oak Ridge (15 min. from Knoxville). I went there for T-giving. My parents do not have cable so I listened to all the radio shows, and wow. They think they are going to the Sugar Bowl. They are convinced that they will win because Tennessee "plays best when the chips are down". I also heard UT radio broadcasts where coach Tuberville's name came up. Not bad stuff. Just that he's going to Florida to spite Auburn for what happened a year ago. UT people are on a different planet. I think that Auburn is the best team in the country, and there aren't many people here or any where that believe otherwise (except the polls). That being said, the best team in the country does not lose to a team like Tennessee. It just won't happen. I am not cocky, I am confident. These guys know what they're doing. They will do it. And they will do it well.

I am worried also. Tennessee has a good team, regardless of how they played. We have to be focused on order to win. Our team cannot think about the BCS because if we don't win it won't matter.

Let me say this....seeing Tenn. performance the last 2 games, auburn could win easily with a letdown which is a good thing. When auburn is having a letdown they are equivalent to vandy or kentucky right? Well there ya go :)

If we do happen to lose, which bowl would we go to? I've heard no talk of that possibility. If we still get a BCS berth, maybe we should tank it to get more money for the SEC> HAHA War Eagle...rocky top has no chance on the 4th.

worry warts,

i hope your life is in control and your worry doesn't go beyond football. get a grip people. if we loose then we loose and all auburn fans can say we have had a very successful season. i would take a dozen of these seasons without a national championship to show for it verses mediocracy envolving player pay-out allegations, coaching changes, players involved in shootings, etc...

if we win let's celebrate and look forward to the sugar or orange bowl.

war damn eagle! not "worry" eagle!

depends on your definition of letdown

I was letdown by our performance against Bama but we still won.

Tenn can hang with us for a while but hopefully we can pull away early and put 40+ on the board. With their D I know we can, but if they control time of possession and limits our offensive touches, they can be a turd that won't flush

I was watching one of the news stations here in Birmingham yesterday and one of the players (can't remember who) said something along the lines of "It looks like we are gonna have to win by 80 points to get respect..."

I don't know what that means though... I do think that Tuberville and company will try their best to convince everybody that Auburn belongs in the National Championship.

My guess is there are about as many people in Oklahoima that think UT can Beat AU as there are those in Alabama that think Colorado can beat OU.

IMHO UT has a better chance of beating AU than Colorado does against OU. Now UCLA may give USC a pretty good game.

All Auburn can do is play our own game and hope for the best from Colorado and UCLA

I would like to take this opportunity to add my "NO" to the others. :big:

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

There can NOT be a "let down". We must win. The obnoxious :ut: teacher down the hall has agreed to watch my last class so I can leave for Atlanta early on Friday. She wants me to sing "Rocky Top" in my best operatic voice everytime they score. I DO NOT WANT TO SING! actually , I WILL NOT sing ..... but :au: must win to shut her up for the rest of the year. By the way, she says our first win was a "freak" accident!

There can NOT be a "let down".  We must win.  The obnoxious  :ut:   teacher down the hall has agreed to watch my last class so I can leave for Atlanta early on Friday.  She wants me to sing "Rocky Top" in my best operatic voice everytime they score.  I DO NOT WANT TO SING!  actually , I WILL NOT sing .....  but  :au:   must win to shut her up for the rest of the year.  By the way, she says our first win was a "freak" accident!

127816[/snapback]

Let me guess...Hmmmm...Does your teacher friend have a son that plays linebacker for the viles? :D

I am worried also.  Tennessee has a good team, regardless of how they played.  We have to be focused on order to win.  Our team cannot think about the BCS because if we don't win it won't matter.

127725[/snapback]

Where have I heard this before..........Oh yea every single week from YOU. I bet you sit around in the dark and worry about Auburn losing the 2011 season game against Ball State don't you?

I was wondering when this post would come. I think Hansel just copies and pastes the same "worried" post before each game, only changing out the names of the opposing teams.

There is NO WAY we lose to UT. They almost lost at home to Vandy and Kentucky.

I was wondering when this post would come.  I think Hansel just copies and pastes the same "worried" post before each game, only changing out the names of the opposing teams.

There is NO WAY we lose to UT.  They almost lost at home to Vandy and Kentucky.

127828[/snapback]

Taxman...i've only posted like two worried post this season. But you've got to know that UT is gonna be as ready as they can be. After losing like they did at home, they want to play us again. I know that it is very unprobable, but it still could happen.

UT is capable of playing much better than they have the past two games, but if we play our game it won't matter how good they play because we are better. If we played our game, we would beat any team in the nation. war damn eagle :au:

UT is capable of playing much better than they have the past two games, but if we play our game it won't matter how good they play because we are better. If we played our game, we would beat any team in the nation. war damn eagle :au:

127866[/snapback]

AMEN!!!!

Letdown? Not a chance. This is the one game we have been striving for since spring training. Making it to this game was our ultimate goal at the beginning of the season. I don't see how our players and coaches would take this game lightly, especially with all that is at stake. We feel like we still have something to prove, and there is no doubt in my mind we will make a statement on Saturday night!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Archived