So, Sir Charles wants two things next year...

VA Tiger

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn to switch to Nike and Barbee to return.

Wow. Just wow.

#incrediblefutility

I am a huge Barkley fan, but he is an idiot. Entertaining idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

Honest question out of curiosity... Can a university bring in a secondary sponsor for just one sport (I.e. Nike for basketball and Under Arrmour for everything else)?

Honest question out of curiosity... Can a university bring in a secondary sponsor for just one sport (I.e. Nike for basketball and Under Arrmour for everything else)?

Absolutely not. Such a deal is for all sports. No exceptions.

Sure you can. It's business and everything is negotiable. I doubt UA or nike or Adidas or others would agree but it's possible. If the football team continues the rise then AU could simply tell them (whenever negotiations come back up ... Which I think is a few years away) take it or leave it.

If the basketball program really, actually suffers because of the shoes the AU team is wearing then it is killing us at the turnstile. UA gave some decent money but so would others.

Absolutely you can. Baylor wears Nike for football, Adidas for basketball, Nike for women's basketball, and Under Armour for baseball. I don't know how they do it, but they do it.

Sure. Our swimming and diving teams don't wear Under Armour. They actually wear a brand called Arena Swimwear. Our track teams wear Under Armour uniforms, but they wear Nike track spikes.

Regardless of what CB thinks, I think it would be great for the basketball program.

Wow. Just wow.

#incrediblefutility

I am a huge Barkley fan, but he is an idiot. Entertaining idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

That's kinda harsh calling Charles an idiot. He might be opinionated, but he's actually very intelligent.

Messed up you're calling the single most famous athlete to come out of Auburn, an idiot.

Wow. Just wow.

#incrediblefutility

That's kinda harsh calling Charles an idiot. He might be opinionated, but he's actually very intelligent.

Messed up you're calling the single most famous athlete to come out of Auburn, an idiot.

well what intelligent things does he ever say? Every time he opens his mouth it is some crazy off the wall thing. He is not stupid but he cannot get past the race issue. It clouds his judgement and makes him look foolish.

Wow. Just wow.

#incrediblefutility

well what intelligent things does he ever say? Every time hr opens his mouth it is dome crazy off the wall thing. He is not stupid but he cannot get past the race issue. It clouds his judgement and makes him look foolish.

Race? What's the last racist thing he's said? You can't still be talking about the Turner Gill thing???

Turns out, Charles was dead on balls accurate in his feeling towards Chizik and Gill. To be honest Gill could've taken AU to the BCS in 2010 too.

Wow. Just wow.

#incrediblefutility

Bo just gave you the finger.

One of the great things about having Russell was the shoes didn't come with the package. ;)

Wow. Just wow.

#incrediblefutility

well what intelligent things does he ever say? Every time hr opens his mouth it is dome crazy off the wall thing. He is not stupid but he cannot get past the race issue. It clouds his judgement and makes him look foolish.

Race? What's the last racist thing he's said? You can't still be talking about the Turner Gill thing???

Turns out, Charles was dead on balls accurate in his feeling towards Chizik and Gill. To be honest Gill could've taken AU to the BCS in 2010 too.

my two cents...

Gill wouldn't have hired Malzahn, likely wouldn't have gotten Cam on the Plains, & doubt he would have done well in any Iron Bowls. We'd have an entirely different staff here now than the one which presides. uat would likely have an additional title over this span of time. There is a good reason Gill is coaching at Liberty now. He had the same record at Kansas that Chizik had at Iowa State. Honestly, I never understood how his name got mentioned for the AUburn job bc, His record at Buffalo was almost a joke. That would have been an awful hire for the program IMO.

Wow. Just wow.

#incrediblefutility

well what intelligent things does he ever say? Every time he opens his mouth it is some crazy off the wall thing. He is not stupid but he cannot get past the race issue. It clouds his judgement and makes him look foolish.

I have also heard him say, on TNT, when he saw Dirk Nowitzki play in HS, he asked him how much money it would cost to get him to go to Auburn. I read a SI blurb where Barkley was talking about Auburn players smoking pot back in his day. Ish like that makes him an idiot. I am sure both of those things happened, but you don't tell the entire world. Again, he is entertaining. He is smart. Being smart doesn't mean somebody isn't an idiot.

And the b ball program won't be successful until under armour is gone. It's crazy how you guys can't see that

And the b ball program won't be successful until under armour is gone. It's crazy how you guys can't see that

Look,in my day it was Converse and I don't understand the whole shoe thing. I assume it has been beaten to death here, but educate me, please, why a shoe line is so important to the success of a basketball program. If it bothers others, you can message me.

Nike runs the AAU camps. Nike hates schools that don't sign with them. Etc. etc.

Archived