2015 3* QB Lamar Jackson (Louisville signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A. I agree with Mikey about the LB situation. We need more solid LBs.

B. I love the way we are recruiting the QB position, mixing "pro style" passers with some mobility with pure athletes who can also throw. We are creating multiple options and increasing depth. It's brilliant!

C. I know we're very good at derailing threads.

D. Lamar looks like a good athlete. We have several good options for DTQB this year. We will sign a good one. My first pick is Gibson.

A. I agree with Mikey about the LB situation. We need more solid LBs.

B. I love the way we are recruiting the QB position, mixing "pro style" passers with some mobility with pure athletes who can also throw. We are creating multiple options and increasing depth. It's brilliant!

C. I know we're very good at derailing threads.

D. Lamar looks like a good athlete. We have several good options for DTQB this year. We will sign a good one. My first pick is Gibson.

I'm glad this was the last post I read before leaving the office. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...

So with recent news on other commitments, I'm glad we've got our foot in the door with Lamar Jackson.

:dunno: Did an/other of our QB targets commit elsewhere? Or were you referring to TQ's ligament?

So with recent news on other commitments, I'm glad we've got our foot in the door with Lamar Jackson.

:dunno: Did an/other of our QB targets commit elsewhere? Or were you referring to TQ's ligament?

Was referring to Jason Smith. No, he's not officially out of the fold, and yes, he is/was likely destined to be a WR, but he is/was going to get a legit shot at QB. And that might affect how we recruit the position.

Was referring to Jason Smith. No, he's not officially out of the fold, and yes, he is/was likely destined to be a WR, but he is/was going to get a legit shot at QB. And that might affect how we recruit the position.

Ah, cool, thanks.

• 2 months later...

Lamar is a 4 Star on Rivals now. Someone please update the OP. He was a 3 Star when the original post came out. Thanks.

Interested in why he has jumped past Kai on the coaches list at QB as reported by E.

His 40 time according to 247 is 4.78/4.79. Not that fast. I watched his film and honestly he looks faster than this. He does throw a pretty good ball.

Kai on the other hand is a little taller, and is faster 4.6 40. He throws a pretty good ball too.

I wonder if we are backing off Kai because:

a. we think he is committed or a silent to FSU or MD

b. we have not backed off but Kai has lost some interest in AU

Kai seems like a pretty elite athlete.

Lamar is a 4 Star on Rivals now. Someone please update the OP. He was a 3 Star when the original post came out. Thanks.

Interested in why he has jumped past Kai on the coaches list at QB as reported by E.

His 40 time according to 247 is 4.78/4.79. Not that fast. I watched his film and honestly he looks faster than this. He does throw a pretty good ball.

Kai on the other hand is a little taller, and is faster 4.6 40. He throws a pretty good ball too.

Got this link per E answering a similar question of mine as to why Lamar jumped ahead of Kai. After watching LJ out run most of the other team I have to question his 40 times in the original post.

Composite rankings are down right now. We go by the composite here.Last time I checked the composite when it was up LJ was a 3*. If that's the case when composite comes back up then title will be reverted back to a 3*.

Answered the rest of your post in the Kai thread.

• 1 month later...

LJ is indeed still a 3* on the composite so editing the title back.

Will we pick the heat back up on this guy, with Francois probably going to FSboo? Or are we done at QB with TQ?? TIA

It looks like we'll only sign 1 QB for the 2015 class.

I hope we wait for next years recruits at this point. Lots of talent out there and great local talent, including Pass.

It looks like we'll only sign 1 QB for the 2015 class.

I hope we wait for next years recruits at this point. Lots of talent out there and great local talent, including Pass.

I agree, we have more pressing needs at other positions.

This years QB class is fairly underwhelming. I had rather sign an extra 3* LB or S than get another one of these QB's.

Will we pick the heat back up on this guy, with Francois probably going to FSboo? Or are we done at QB with TQ?? TIA

Still TBD. There has been talk of TQ still struggling with his elbow and Jonesy posted this on another forum FWIW.

Queen will likely have the surgery once he's enrolled

Still TBD. There has been talk of TQ still struggling with his elbow and Jonesy posted this on another forum FWIW.

Queen will likely have the surgery once he's enrolled

Another surgery? I thought that's why he was not performing at his highest, bc he was recovering from surgery already.

I don't remember whether it was in this thread or the Francois thread, but somebody asked awhile back why we'd flirt with another QB when we already had so many other guys "in the fold". We've also heard over and over again that Jason Smith will get only a cursory look at QB before being moved to WR. And a lot of folks are also saying that we don't even need Francois, much less Jackson.

Now it's possible that we'll enter 2015 with Jeremy Johnson, Sean White, Tyler Queen coming off of elbow surgery and... ? That's not enough, folks.

Reminds me of when people didn't want us recruiting Russell Wilson because they were worried that Zeke Pike might start shopping around.

Sheesh.

I don't remember whether it was in this thread or the Francois thread, but somebody asked awhile back why we'd flirt with another QB when we already had so many other guys "in the fold". We've also heard over and over again that Jason Smith will get only a cursory look at QB before being moved to WR. And a lot of folks are also saying that we don't even need Francois, much less Jackson.

Now it's possible that we'll enter 2015 with Jeremy Johnson, Sean White, Tyler Queen coming off of elbow surgery and... ? That's not enough, folks.

Reminds me of when people didn't want us recruiting Russell Wilson because they were worried that Zeke Pike might start shopping around.

Sheesh.

+1. They want to come...sign them up!

Another surgery? I thought that's why he was not performing at his highest, bc he was recovering from surgery already.

He never had surgery. Dr. Andrews originally decided against it a few months ago.

It is amusing to see people on this Board wringing their panicky hands about the QB depth chart years from now. As if Gus & Co. won't be recruiting QBs between now and then. Some college football fans would be better off not following the recruiting process.

Archived