Comments about Al Borges

jaydubb121

With the SECCG quickly approaching I think it would be fun for everyone to mosey on over to the Classics Forum and read, in its entirety the thread about the hiring of Al Borges.

It seems like most people were willing to give CTT and CAB a shot but some of you need to order some extra large napkins to wipe all the egg off your faces.

Regardless of the outcome Saturday( :au: 42 :ut: 0) I think anyone with half a brain would declare the hiring of Al Borges a rousing success.

Don't you?

Check out the Classics Forum, it's a good read. (Thanks WT!)

Thanks, jaydubb. I enjoyed reading all that again. I didn't jump on the Borges Bandwagon (my Bandwagon days are over, thanks to T. Bowden), but was among the wait-and-see group. Should we send a box of napkins to Raven Tiger? ;)

It is a GREAT laugh to read that post in the classics forum. Some were even calling for Coach Tuberville's HEAD for bein' so STUPID as to hire AB.

I am thankful that Coach Tuberville KNOWS what he is doing.

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

I haven't gone back and read it yet and I don't remember posting. But, I do remember going... :huh: because all the talk had been about 2-3 guys and it was a done deal for one of them. Then, all of a sudden, Al Borges was our new OC.

My whole thinking was just pleeeease let it be someone who knows how to use all this talent we have.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I wasn't a member then, but I remember thinking the same thing, "huh?"

I wasn't calling for Tommy's head, but I was at a loss. The article in ESPN on JC this week said he pretty much thought the same thing.

Now. I just got finished reading it again and thank God I didn't post. :D

Seriously, I'm stunned at how so many just went off the deep end about this hiring. Some normally rational posters were out on the ledge, ready to jump...or push CTT off that ledge.

I think Southlink had the classic post in that thread.

"Wouldn't it be funny if Borges gets y'all to the Sugar Bowl", or something of that ilk.

You know.......I have supported CTT through his entire career at AU.......I know he has made questionable decisions and great decisions. I am not sure which of the two, the hiring of Borges was. BUT, I am not going to jump on CTT's ass because he hired this guy. If he believes that Borges was the best fit for this program then WE as AUBURN MEN and WOMEN need to give this man our full support. CTT is much more knowledgeable about HIS system and what he believes is best for AU, than any or us on this board. SO, until Borges proves that he is not a good OC....He has my full support and I look forward and expect a great great things from his offense next season......

I know most people wanted Spence or Montgomery and we kinda got blind-sided by this decsion, but lets try to be more POSITIVE about this hire. Hell, he might even be the best thing that ever happens to AU's offense.......

WAR DAMN EAGLE......FOREVER & ALWAYS!!!!!!

MStigerinAU....congratulations on having the best post on that topic!

And here's to Southlink for apparently being able to see the future!!

Watch this guy lead Auburn to the Sugar Bowl.....

Thanks Jaydubb for reminding me that this topic was over there!

seriously, God forbid any of us question CTT's hiring practices - especially after hiring Hugh Nall and a HS QB Coach to run our offense in 2003. I mean, that went over GREAT!

Seriously, no one had more egg on their face then Tuberville after last season. I have never seen such an inept offense with so much talent in my life. Teams KNEW what play we were running every time. We had to bring in a consultant to help with our offense . . .a CONSULTANT!

If any of us ever hired one of our buddies to work with us and they performed that badly - we would either have been fired, OR not ever been given a chance to hire someone again . .

Anyone know, without looking, who said this?

Feb 14 2004, 01:24 AM IP: 65.3.39.83 | Post #73| 

Watch this guy lead Auburn to the Sugar Bowl..... 

SouthLink!

WTG Dude!

I can remember me calling one of my college buddies and us having conversations that went something like "Indiana? We just hired the OC from Indiana?"

I'll proudly eat crow.

I've also email CTT and asked him to forgive me for doubting him on this hire. I got a "War Eagle" back from him.

The passion with which we all look at this situation is a good thing,...I guess.

It is good to remember that we are talking about men with families. I feel confident

that Coach Tuberville is doing his best, EVERYDAY, to do what is BEST for Auburn. He is HUMAN and will make mistakes.

I am thankful he is OUR Head Coach. :au:

Archived