More smack from the volz

bammanmr

Vols believe running games equal:

KNOXVILLE - Auburn tailbacks Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown have gotten plenty of headlines this season, and for good reason: Between them, they've accounted for 1,799 yards and 19 touchdowns. Williams is fourth in the league in rushing; Brown is sixth.

Tennessee tailback Gerald Riggs has something to say about that. Along with Cedric Houston, those two Vols have racked up 1,729 yards and nine touchdowns. Houston is fifth in the league; Riggs is eighth.

"It does challenge us, because if you look at the numbers, it's basically identical," Riggs said. "All they have is two more wins than we do. That makes all the difference in the world. Everybody'll sit there and blow smoke and say you're the greatest thing since sliced bread."

When the Tennessee coaching staff started reviewing Auburn film the second time around, they were looking for some weakness the Tigers might have developed over the last two months.

No dice, head coach Phillip Fulmer said.

"In studying Auburn the first time we played them, I thought they were just a great football team and didn't have any weaknesses," he said. "Here we are at the end of the season getting ready to play them again, and I see an even better football team."

While not that inflamatory of a statement, why would you give the team that has 'tagged your plow' the last 2 times, even more motivation??

I guess phat phil is letting burnett teach the 'press conference 101' class there on the hill.

The ONLY stat that matters is 34-10!!!!!

Eat that Riggs and Houston!

Between them, they've accounted for 1,799 yards and 19 touchdowns. Williams is fourth in the league in rushing; Brown is sixth.

Tennessee tailback Gerald Riggs has something to say about that. Along with Cedric Houston, those two Vols have racked up 1,729 yards and nine touchdowns. Houston is fifth in the league; Riggs is eighth.

"It does challenge us, because if you look at the numbers, it's basically identical," Riggs said.

Yeah, Riggs, they are identical except for the part where they are TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moron.

The main difference, is our defense shut both of them down to a combined 98 yards...while Carnell alone against Tenn. ran for 95.... and last time i checked it was still 34-10....

:au: Wow, I have never hated UT but these clowns are pushing me over the hill!  I'll be breathing fire by game time, literally!  :au:

128486[/snapback]

Easy there, TigerWalkin! I don't want MooseAU to have to carry you home after the game!

Fulmer is a great coach and I feel sorry for him...I'd hate to have players that ran their mouths like that, even if they did so and won. It's that much worse when they do it and then get cut, rolled, and smoked.

WDE :au:

Maybe it's just me, but this doens't sound like much smack. I think they guy is just saying they can play footall too. I know Burnett has been talking but I haven't seen anything to totally piss me off. Nothing like what Rex Grossman said about our defense the last time we were getting ready to play for an sec title. Pompous a$$.

only problem: rex was right; riggs is wrong. sorry gerald, no nfl scout is ever going to tell you that you or cedric houston as on the level of caddy and ronnie. why should the college media be any different? and yeah, i believed rex when he claimed that the scout team defense stopped the offense more frequently than we did.

Archived