UT QB not traveling to ATL

Streyeder

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer is still recovering from a broken collarbone and will not travel with the No. 15 Volunteers to the Southeastern Conference championship.

Junior Rick Clausen, who started the last two games, will start Saturday against Auburn in Atlanta.

Schaeffer, who shared quarterback duties with fellow freshman Erik Ainge, was hurt Oct. 30 at South Carolina.

"He's not 100 percent. He hadn't practiced in a month anyway, so I don't know how much of a factor he would have been at all," coach Phillip Fulmer said Thursday.

Ainge, who separated his shoulder a week after Schaeffer was injured, also will not play.

http://si.cnn.com/2004/football/ncaa/12/02...r.ap/index.html

News a couple of weeks ago was that he was practicing the week of the Vanderbilt game. Even if he weren't goint to play, he's still a member of the team and should be there on the sidelines in street clothes cheering on his teammates.

Seeing as his name came up with the club fight, I wonder if that had anything to do with it? Hmmmmmm.

Seeing as his name came up with the club fight, I wonder if that had anything to do with it?  Hmmmmmm.

128524[/snapback]

Yeah, go ahead and get his one game suspension over with and he will not have to miss any next year. :thumbsup::thumbsup::yes::yes:

Archived