Ronnie Brown speaks out

woods1110

Tigers haven't forgotten Burnett

By A. Stacy Long

Montgomery Advertiser

The quote sticks out two months later, reminding the Auburn Tigers that a 34-10 win over Tennessee apparently wasn't impressive enough.

Tennessee linebacker Kevin Burnett provided some of the fodder that will fuel Auburn in Saturday's Southeastern Conference Championship Game.

The third-ranked Tigers (11-0) already have national-title hopes to bolster and a league crown to reach, but they also feel they have some convincing to do.

"I don't think we have anything to prove to him," Auburn cornerback Carlos Rogers said. "I don't know what he was thinking. Once we play this game, we'll see what he has to say."

Burnett's name was highlighted long before the Vols (9-2) wrapped up their trip to Atlanta and his quote distributed throughout the Auburn locker room.

In the moments after the Tigers' win at Neyland Stadium on Oct. 2, Burnett seemed to come away unenthused about the Tigers.

"The best team out there today was UT," Burnett said in the next day's Nashville Tennessean.

Almost two months later, Auburn running back Ronnie Brown doesn't act like he needs to be reintroduced to Burnett's challenge.

"He'll get a chance to prove that this week," Brown said after his eyes perked up and a smirk crept across his face.

No, Burnett is no stranger to the Tigers.

"He's had a big mouth all year," Auburn center Jeremy Ingle said. "That's the way he is. There (are) certain people like that -- who can't cope with the fact that they got beat on a certain day.

"That's fine. We have guys on our team like that. He'll have his shot again."

Burnett's quote followed a six-turnover night for the Vols, including a league record-tying four interceptions by Auburn safety Junior Rosegreen.

The first three turnovers led to 17 first-half points for the Tigers, who sprang to a 31-3 halftime lead and muzzled a pro-Tennessee crowd of 107,828.

"That's exactly how you can sum it up," Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said. "That was a game that was a lot closer than the score because of, No. 1, the turnovers and the other was big plays.

"That was one of those games where everything we did worked and everything they did didn't work," Tuberville said. "Fortunately, in that game, it all went our way."

Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell threw for 252 yards and two touchdowns, while Brown and Carnell Williams combined for 152 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

Tennessee finished with 40 pass attempts -- its season high until last week against Kentucky -- and only 107 yards rushing.

"In the second half, we were completely out of what we would have liked to do," Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer said. "After the score got to where it did, we kind of had to go with the throwing game. Consequently, we didn't do very well."

Brown even had the signature moment with his 9-yard touchdown run in the first quarter.

Brown ran through Tennessee's Jason Allen in a scene that resembled a water balloon's attempt to stop a cement wall.

"He ran over me," Allen said. "I'm pretty sure that opportunity will come again. He's not going to back down; I'm not going to back down, either. He made a heck of a play."

Both are looking for a sequel.

"Hopefully, he'll get a chance again, like Burnett," Brown said.

"Good luck to him."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5...uburnett30o.htm

"Good luck to him"...Ahhh I Love It....

War Damn Eagle!!! Knock their helmets off again RB!

Guest Tigrinum Major

"...a water ballon' attempt to stop a cement wall."

Classic.

Jasonnnnnnn, Kevinnnnnn! Ronnie and Carnell want to know if you want to come out and play!

now what number is kevin again?  i want to be sure to keep an eye out on him

128583[/snapback]

128586[/snapback]

thanks man, i'll be sure to watch him get run over once again :D

128583[/snapback]

128586[/snapback]

Kevin Burnett is #2. Jason Swain is #1.

Guest Tigrinum Major

128583[/snapback]

128586[/snapback]

Kevin Burnett is #2. Jason Swain is #1.

128601[/snapback]

I hate when I am so sure about something that I don't check my facts and then I am proven wrong. You are 100% correct. My bad.

All the poll math yesterday fried my brain...

I like how our players arent talking the same crap that tenn. is talking. Instead, they challenge the tenn. players to back it up.

Archived