Unbelievable!!!

Proud Tiger

I finally got an e-mail response from Paul Gattis, the bama beat writer for the Huntsville Times who votes Auburn #3. He offered no rationale for his vote but said his involvement as a voter in the AP poll had nothing to do The Times. He said he got a call last Summer asking him to participate and he agreed. He said no one at the newspaper even knew he was voting. Unbelievable!!!

He doesn't even see the perception this is creating that he is anti-Auburn. The paper will get this message soon when a lot of us cancel our subscription.

Ah come on...if you really took to heart what every sportscaster or announcer had to say, you'd have to cancel your cable service too.

Life's too short to get so worked up by such meaningless opinions...JMHO.

Mixed emotions...

On the one hand, everyone is entitled to subscribe/spend their money however they feel like...

On the other hand, do we want a system that encourages voters to follow the money & vote whatever yields the greatest profits for their paper? Or do we want a system where voters vote their conscience and aren't bought off by $$$?

If he honestly feels that Auburn is only #3, that's how he should vote. If he is merely anti-Auburn/pro-Bama, and can't vote objectively because of it, he shouldn't vote at all

Proud Tiger,

Be very careful of who you share your visions with.

Medicority will recognize genuis but will also try to drag it down.

Mooooo, there are a lot of cattle on this board....

You are welcome to mine, LegalEagle. They are starting delivery Monday in Norman, OK so I'm sure they will be in your town soon.

BTW-The guy voting Okla #1 is got to be a screwball.....how can you you ever not vote for USC #1? If Auburn isn't #1, there is no doubt that USC is top's. This guy's mind is warped.....

To follow up:

I sent Gattis and the publisher an email. The publisher sent me one back and the first sentence was: "I'm afraid that even beheading wouldn't temper the teapot at this point....."

Bob has a great sense of humor, I've always been afraid that what will happen is going to hurt him the most.

If he's that stupid that he can't figure out that by doing this he looks anti-Auburn, then he's dumb enough to where he shouldn't even have a decent job, much less vote for the best college football team in the country, which influences millions of people!

Let's show him wrong this weekend and try our best to convinve him to vote us #1!!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE VOLS AGAIN!!!!!

Archived