NFL Draft

Wareagletd

And interesting to me that Tre was listed at 5'-81/2" on the details last night...he was usually listed at 5-10 when he first got to AU....so how did he grow shorter?

You don't really believe NCAA press guides, do you? Listen to any college football broadcast for 15 minutes and they'll tell you if a guy is listed at 5'10" 220lb, he is probably closer to 5'8" 210. The numbers from the draft are real.

Was just making a joke....but some people here keep referring to Tre as a "power back" in their comments on this site. No doubt he is compact and hits hard for his size but the NFL is a different game. and guys Tre's size better plan to run around the defenders and not through them like he was able to do in college. Glad he is going to the big time...and nice that he should get a chance to run behind Robinson again.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness, the fanboyism and lack of logic on here can be overwhelming at times. Seems like there should be a category under each user's name indicating if they are blind homers or actually objective fans.

I love Tre's game, he's one of my all time favorites, but these guys have been studied and broken down for months by professionals. Sure, it's not an exact science but some on here seem to think they know more than the every single one of the 32 GMs in the NFL.

Johnny Manziel's Patriots scouting report leaked, its on deadspin, I totally recommend anyone to read it to see exactly how in depth they go. There might've been something come up there for Tre, in addition to his wrist, that NFL teams might've noted.

...Tre has the potential to be just as good as any guy drafted before him. He is going to an ideal situation with the Rams, good oline, does not have to be the guy right away, etc..Also this is an AU board, one should expect homerism - because fans want to see guys from their school excel....so don't be suprised when members here get behind Tre with passion, many here got to see him play weekly, maybe even saw him daily, personally I think he is at least the third best back in this draft....

Jameis Winston will pay for crab legs before AJ McCarron gets drafted.

Well Kevin Norwood was taken by the Seahawks. They have a really good shot at repeating so he may get another ring in the near future. AJ is still waiting. I think skipping out on the senior bowl is hurting him.

Well the Saints took Vinnie Sunsuri. Kinda surprised.

im not. i always thought he was an underrated player.

At this point it doesn't really matter if you are drafted or not. It is more beneficial to be able to pick the team you sign an UDFA deal with. He'll get several offers to choose from if he isn't drafted.

absolutely. That guy was a great team player. 100% effort every down, and I imagine every practice, workout, and meeting. He was a great leader for the team.

So Chris Davis isn't getting drafted

He'll sign as a Free Agent with somebody. It will be hard to catch on but not impossible. Chris can do it.

The best part about only having 4 players drafted is that it means we didn't lose many seniors! I am so proud of our guys I wish you many successful years ahead! War Eagle Forever!!!

The best part about only having 4 players drafted is that it means we didn't lose many seniors! I am so proud of our guys I wish you many successful years ahead! War Eagle Forever!!!

We have a lot of draft-quality players that will be on campus for the next couple years (I hope).

And interesting to me that Tre was listed at 5'-81/2" on the details last night...he was usually listed at 5-10 when he first got to AU....so how did he grow shorter?

You don't really believe NCAA press guides, do you? Listen to any college football broadcast for 15 minutes and they'll tell you if a guy is listed at 5'10" 220lb, he is probably closer to 5'8" 210. The numbers from the draft are real.

He did take a pounding this past year!! :)

At this point it doesn't really matter if you are drafted or not. It is more beneficial to be able to pick the team you sign an UDFA deal with. He'll get several offers to choose from if he isn't drafted.

several?

several?

Yes...it costs NFL teams next to nothing to pick up undrafted free-agents. A pretty well known player from a major school like Auburn will get to choose between several teams.

Archived