NFL Draft

Wareagletd

Baltimore selects CJ Mosley at #17. Yesssssss! Go Ravens!

Will he and Bynes be competing for the same spot?

Yes they are both inside LB's. This should be an interesting battle.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Tre late in the second round getting picked. I know we as the Auburn family have to back our players in everything they do but they are two or even three Rb's better then Tre in this draft.

Ben Tate was probably right when he lamented not moving to Safety while at AU. RB in college is an essential element of a good offense but in the pros where offenses are designed around the QBs, the RBs seem to have dropped in importance. Tre will be among the top RBs IMO but looks like most teams are not building their offenses around their RBs these days..

Hm. Draft scouts say we didnt need cyrus. They say greg is a draft round better than cyrus :) just sayin

I see Tre late in the second round getting picked. I know we as the Auburn family have to back our players in everything they do but they are two or even three Rb's better then Tre in this draft.

Tre Mason rushed for 1,000 yards in the dumpster fire that was Scot Leofler's offense and broke Bo's single season rushing record and you think there is a better back than him in the draft this year? Wow...

NFL scouts don't care what Tre did in Lefty's putrid offense. I agree with ClaytonAU ~ there are a couple of backs that are better than Tre and will get drafted ahead of him. Tre will still get his paycheck and will hopefully land on a solid team.

I will disgaree with you completely. It shows he can have success in any offense under any circumstances.

A franchise isn't based on a running back, this is why he'll be taken late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd. Take off your Auburn glasses for a second and realize that there are other RB's in this draft better than Tre. He will get his paycheck just like they will.

I do believe the titans just picked the 4th best rb in this draft. Im no scout but id have taken a few over him

Can't help but roll my eyes at the lack of respect Tre is getting. No way I'd take that Sankey kid over him.

Of course you wouldn't, as I wouldn't either. We are AU fans and that's what fans think. Notice Tre isn't the second RB taken either and I'll wager he won't be the third taken. That's not disrespect, just what people who get paid for a living to do this think. They have no bias and no agenda, just trying to win games.

How can you deny that tre is the best rb in this draft class? As an auburn fan, my bias says its not even close, but realistically, it may be close but i still think he is the best

Beginning to wonder if Tre got bad advice about going early.

Like most AU people, I liked Tre and was hoping he would go high but generally 25 teams are not likely to be very wrong in assessing NFL potential....though as noted, there are a ton of pretty good RBs out there and not many teams are looking for game changers at RB these days.

Interesting that nobody has mentioned AJMc for a couple days....and was it Gruden that said he could "imagine AJ going in the first round" or something stupid like that?.

Beginning to wonder if Tre got bad advice about going early.

Seriously? He'll probably go in the 3rd round which is about where his value lies anyway. Because he is maxed physically, and because there is literally nothing more he can do from a production standpoint, there was no reason for him to come back because there wasn't much if any room for improvement on his stock.

We kept him on scholarship...and if you have checked the value of a scholarship, you would know that this is no small thing for AU to do.

He was on medical scholarship. We give those out every single year, and our football program is more than profitable to not have a shortage of medicals available. It really isn't that "special"...Alabama just gave one to a kid from this past signing class (Elijah Shaw) who probably wont ever play, unlike Shon who had a decent shot at recovering (which he did).

Tre Mason rushed for 1,000 yards in the dumpster fire that was Scot Leofler's offense and broke Bo's single season rushing record and you think there is a better back than him in the draft this year? Wow...

NFL scouts don't care what Tre did in Lefty's putrid offense. I agree with ClaytonAU ~ there are a couple of backs that are better than Tre and will get drafted ahead of him. Tre will still get his paycheck and will hopefully land on a solid team.

I will disgaree with you completely. It shows he can have success in any offense under any circumstances.

He said "NFL scouts". Get back to us when an NFL team is willing to pay you for your opinion.

The NFL puts a premium on size, which is why Hill and Hyde were rated by most teams as the best RBs in the draft. Not sure I understand the Sankey pick, but it just takes one team to fall in love with him.

A franchise isn't based on a running back, this is why he'll be taken late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd. Take off your Auburn glasses for a second and realize that there are other RB's in this draft better than Tre. He will get his paycheck just like they will.

It's not about wearing AU sunglasses dude. Objectively speaking I would say the only other back as good as Tre is Carlos Hyde. I think Tre is probably the most underrated running back in Auburn history. He doesn't get the respect he deserves, even from fans.

Can't help but roll my eyes at the lack of respect Tre is getting. No way I'd take that Sankey kid over him.

There is no disrespect here LOL. The two are similar physically, in fact Sankey measured a slight bit better overall. The difference is that Sankey has shown a lot more with regards to pass protection (which Mason did very little of) and pass catching. He also played in a more neutral offense which helps in evaluating because with Mason you have to understand that our offense inflated his production. Tre breaks more tackles, but I'm not surprised that Sankey was the first back off the board.

So who's going to get drafted first, AJ McCarron or Tre Mason?

We kept him on scholarship...and if you have checked the value of a scholarship, you would know that this is no small thing for AU to do.

He was on medical scholarship. We give those out every single year, and our football program is more than profitable to not have a shortage of medicals available. It really isn't that "special"...Alabama just gave one to a kid from this past signing class (Elijah Shaw) who probably wont ever play, unlike Shon who had a decent shot at recovering (which he did).

Shon was a guy who probably could not have afforded to attend college while he was undergoing treatments....and yes bama gave one to some guy also...but don't undersell what this +/- $100,000 gift meant to him and his family. There are tens of thousands of kids needing scholarship money that don't get a nickel from AU's wealthy athletic department....JMO but some folks are pretty generous with other people's money.

As for Tre and his draft rating....I haven't done much research but about the time Tre was making his decision, everyone I saw had him listed as the top or #2 RB and was still talking late 1st or early 2nd round....it was only recently that he has been dropped bit by bit/ And it's easy enough to believe that some of these guys get conned into leaving early by floating big dreams in front of them.

Patience is a nice thing (i should get some) tre to the rams to play with greg

Archived